Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War (22436 Views)

2023: Allow Nigerians Vote On Merit, Not Religious Persuasion, Group Urges CAN / Uzodinma: Winning The Election Is Our Major Priority Not Religious Arguments / Lai Mohammed To US: El-Zakzaky Detained For Crime, Not Religious Persecution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by tiger28: 5:04pm On Jul 15, 2022
They are very QUIET!!!

Their own Brother just spoke the truth about Politics because they are to emotional and Primitive.

SOON , They will call Moghalu a Bastard.

1 Like

Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by ebenhealth(m): 5:06pm On Jul 15, 2022
yoruba1914:
If roles were reversed. Will the Muslim north accept a Christian Christian ticket?
God forbid. Christians are not second class citizens in this country.
We saw how bihari made all the security chiefs hausa, Fulani and Muslims.
The Islamic agenda is now in full gear right in front of our very eyes
We saw southern kaduna, benue,Jos, owo in ondo and of cause borno.
We will not be fooled.
I'm guessing IPOB are Muslims too. Smh undecided
Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by olaniyi263: 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2022
Just imagine how you sound Talk true se this thing wey you write make sense How you dey manage to type before you think instead of thinking before you type sef Just imagine how you sound Talk true se this thing wey you write make sense How you dey manage to type before you think instead of thinking before you type sef ...
Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by ebenhealth(m): 5:08pm On Jul 15, 2022
pfadom:
Kingsley Moghalu is correct, and I believe many others also know but trying to be mischievous. The Muslim-Muslim ticket of the APC is about winning the election.

No one complains about the composition of any sports team in terms of religious, ethnic, or political orientation, but strictly winning strategy.
Ataya ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by opribo(m): 5:09pm On Jul 15, 2022
We know it is not a religious war, we know Shettima is put there by the cabal to watch Tinubu's actions but we are not comfortable with that.
Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by Moh247: 5:14pm On Jul 15, 2022
Lashist:

Lol...oga you are jobless...if you get better work to do, you wont come online to be trolling people better than you. it will be funnier if you are a broke student but still campaigning for the ruling party even as una dey strike cheesy. Or maybe you are a dropout or you didnt bother going to school. Any category you fall in, the situation of the country is still biting you. If your earnings for pushing Bubu/APCeach wetin delegates dey collect eh, oboy you are making yourself more stupid daily cheesy..that being said, get yourself a job

Kai you talk toooooooo much for a man,, who go read all this long epistle
Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by truthfinder319: 5:15pm On Jul 15, 2022
Prof, don't mind the bitter soul. BAT is married to a Christian for 40 years and she remains a pastor. They want him to choose a weak and unpopular VP to have a ride in the North. The way it is , Like MKO, BAT will win .

99.9 percent BATIsTs are not even complaining

Fira09:
2023: Moghalu reveals real reason APC opted for Muslim-Muslim ticket

[/b]

https://politicsnigeria.com/2023-moghalu-reveals-real-reason-apc-opted-for-muslim-muslim-ticket/

1 Like

Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by Lashist(m): 5:16pm On Jul 15, 2022
Moh247:

Kai you talk toooooooo much for a man,, who go read all this long epistle
Same you that writes long rubbish epistles on FP daily...no worry whenever you choose to read it, it'll help your wretched life cheesy
Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by Moh247: 5:20pm On Jul 15, 2022
Lashist:

Same you that writes long rubbish epistles on FP daily...no worry whenever you choose to read it, it'll help your wretched life cheesy

Lol

Is that all

True talk be say pounds for pounds dollars for dollars outside this Seun's platform someone like you in 10 years can't stand beside me to talk to Mme this way

Aje dem never born you

But Na online give you freedom and mind to cap nonsense

So enjoy your anonymity and don't go and loose guard ooo.
Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by thedio(m): 5:24pm On Jul 15, 2022
SpecialAdviser:
What I have continued to ask is "Why any Muslim will be confortable with a Muslim-Muslim ticket"

Every religion preaches justice. And I beleive that no Muslim will allow a Christian-Christian ticket.
How can we be preaching nation building and allow injustice to thrive?
Is the injustice and nepotism from Buhari not given us enough lesson?
Why?

Our nation cannot host any world tournament, cannot make progress et all
And some people are only interested in tribalism. Who do us this thing abeg?
Some people r interested in tribalism. Lol
And u r interested in religionlism

1 Like

Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by deeva2: 5:36pm On Jul 15, 2022
Deprofessional:

OBI IS THE ANSWER TO NIGERIA UNITY.
WE CANNOT HAVE ANOTHER FULANI AFTER 8 YEARS OF ATIKU,

WE CANNOT HAVE A MUSLIM MUSLIM TICKET IN A RELIGIOUS DIVERSE COUNTRY LIKE NIGERIA

HE SHUD UNITE HIS STATE/REGION FIRST..
Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by wasuka14(m): 5:40pm On Jul 15, 2022
yoruba1914:
If roles were reversed. Will the Muslim north accept a Christian Christian ticket?
We will not be fooled.

If winning condition guarantee that why not??
Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by Dawnofhope: 5:41pm On Jul 15, 2022
Tinubu is right , non of the christians in APC is competent . All of them are dead brain . Have you seen any remown Muslim APC speak against this ? . i Wonder what would have happen if to say this current in the north is under a christian -christian regioe . I think the reaction would be worst than what is happening
Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by Lashist(m): 5:50pm On Jul 15, 2022
Moh247:

Lol

Is that all

True talk be say pounds for pounds dollars for dollars outside this Seun's platform someone like you in 10 years can't stand beside me to talk to Mme this way

Aje dem never born you

But Na online give you freedom and mind to cap nonsense

So enjoy your anonymity and don't go and loose guard ooo.

Suddenly you don dey write epistles cheesy..You must be so stupid to think everyone is as wretched as you are...you are the one with online freedom...if you are so sure of your useless self, troll with your main account instead of creating new monikers daily to troll...you must be the richest idiot in your village to assume you rich pass for this platform. If you arent so frustrated in life, you'd be doing something useful with your life instead of banking on likes and shares...you never see life thats why you enjoy this..when you ready, mention me with your real moniker...na only jobless urchins dey create monikers 24/7 to troll
Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by Moh247: 5:53pm On Jul 15, 2022
Lashist:

Suddenly you don dey write epistles cheesy..You must be so stupid to think everyone is as wretched as you are...you are the one with online freedom...if you are so sure of your useless self, troll with your main account instead of creating new monikers daily to troll...you must be the richest idiot in your village to assume you rich pass for this platform. If you arent so frustrated in life, you'd be doing something useful with your life instead of banking on likes and shares...you never see life thats why you enjoy this..when you ready, mention me with your real moniker...na only jobless urchins dey create monikers 24/7 to troll

Rule 2 Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun

Mynd44 abeg this guy own don do, not like I can't give him what he desire but that's rubishing you guys platform and moderator works

Why exactly should this guy continuously insult me and my family and I report continuously without him getting sanctioned

Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 15, 2022
Deprofessional:

OBI IS THE ANSWER TO NIGERIA UNITY.
WE CANNOT HAVE ANOTHER FULANI AFTER 8 YEARS OF ATIKU,

WE CANNOT HAVE A MUSLIM MUSLIM TICKET IN A RELIGIOUS DIVERSE COUNTRY LIKE NIGERIA

That's true. Obi's is the Unifier Nigerians are craving for. Especially when he has people like IPOBians, ESN, Nnamdi Kanu and other Separatists who call Nigeria The Zoo and the president Zombie and Jubril of Sudan behind him.

2 Likes

Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by Basic123: 6:18pm On Jul 15, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Tinubu is an accountant, Moghalu is an economist, both men understand the powers of numbers, statistics and demography

Moghalu and Soludo are not your average Politicians, they are vast in knowledge

Politics is a game of numbers

SW/NE

Yoruba/Kanuri

Muslim/Muslim

Lagos/Borno

*Will SouthEast vote for Tinubu If he uses Catholic Rev Father Kukah as Vice?! Answer NO!!

*Will SouthEast vote Atiku a Fulani because of Ifeanyi Okowa from Delta state?! Answer NO!!

*Will NorthWest Vote for Peter Obi because of Ahmed Datti?! Answer NO!!

Also put this way,will all those people vote Tinubu if he is a Christian??
Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by Neoteny(m): 6:23pm On Jul 15, 2022
Abolish CAN, JNI, MURIC, and all those busybody clerics who inject the vile of their religious madness into politics.

If Nigeria is a secular state then religion has no place in politics.

As long as Nigerians insist on depending on their mythological beliefs that have solved none of their problems, the country will never progress.

Irony: people worshiping in church on a Sunday gunned down in cold blood by terrorists.

Bigger irony: the injured survivors throw thanksgiving prayer sessions thanking god for sparing their lives.

2 Likes

Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by olaniyilukman(m): 6:28pm On Jul 15, 2022
Odin13:
Atiku is the unifier.. exactly what Nigeria as a nation needs..
Not tribal or religious sentiments

This is 2023.. not 79/93’

Atiku/Okowa 2023

Nigeria unity is first before any individual interest

Power to the people !!

PDP!!!
Honestly, since Nigeria returned back to democracy in 1999 we have been using this formula of Muslim-Christian ticket and yet nothing good comes out of it, we have been deceive by political elites and we have been further dragged into more poverty....

1 Like

Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by Lashist(m): 6:30pm On Jul 15, 2022
Moh247:

Mynd44 abeg this guy own don do, not like I can't give him what he desire but that's rubishing you guys platform and moderator works

Why exactly should this guy continuously insult me and my family and I report continuously without him getting sanctioned

See as you rush dey call mods...hope the mods know you are a troll and a constant attacker towards people that have different/better views than you. Hope the mods know how you create different monikers to keep trolling people here...i should help you call the mods for breaking rule 19
Lalasticlala, seun. Please ban this user for creating numerous monikers for trolling purpose
Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by Moh247: 6:32pm On Jul 15, 2022
Lashist:

See as you rush dey call mods...hope the mods know you are a troll and a constant attacker towards people that have different/better views than you. Hope the mods know how you create different monikers to keep trolling people here...i should help you call the mods for breaking rule 19
Lalasticlala, seun. Please ban this user for creating numerous monikers for trolling purpose

Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by Moh247: 6:32pm On Jul 15, 2022
Lashist:

Lashist:

Lol...oga you are jobless...if you get better work to do, you wont come online to be trolling people better than you. it will be funnier if you are a broke student but still campaigning for the ruling party even as una dey strike cheesy. Or maybe you are a dropout or you didnt bother going to school. Any category you fall in, the situation of the country is still biting you. If your earnings for pushing Bubu/APC no reach wetin delegates dey collect eh, oboy you are making yourself more stupid daily cheesy..that being said, get yourself a job

Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by Carlosdd: 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2022
How did we get here?
Before the late 1980s, religion was not a defining factor in national politics. Alhaji Shehu Shagari, elected president in 1979, was a Fulani Muslim surrounded by Christians. His No 2, Dr Alex Ekwueme, was an Igbo Christian. The No 3 was Dr Joseph Wayas, a Christian from today’s Cross River state who was senate president. The No 4 was Chief Edwin Ume Ezeoke, a Christian from today’s Anambra state who was Speaker. All the service chiefs were Christians: Lt Gen Alani Akinrinade (army chief, later defence chief); Lt Gen Sanda Jallo (Army Chief); Vice Admiral Akin Aduwo (Naval Chief); and AVM John Yisa-Doko (Air Chief). The Inspector General of Police was Mr Sunday Adewusi.
In fact, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, the presidential candidate of the Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN) in 1979, fielded a Christian-Christian, Southerner-Southerner ticket: Chief Philip Umeadi, from today’s Anambra state, was his running mate. Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, candidate of the Nigeria Peoples Party (NPP), also did a Christian-Christian ticket, pairing with Dr Ishaya Audu from Kaduna state. Although Shagari’s Muslim-Christian pairing won the election with 5.6 million votes, the Christian-Christian tickets of Awolowo and Azikiwe did not do badly, netting 4.9 million and 2.8 million respectively. Awo and Zik got a total of 7.7 million votes. That was the Nigeria I grew up in as a primary school kid.
Military governments were not sold to the religious thing either. When Gen Yakubu Gowon, a Northern Christian, was Head of State, Vice Admiral Joseph Edet Akinwale Wey, the Chief of Staff, Supreme Headquarters, was his second-in-comman. The Vice-Chairman of the Federal Executive Council was Awolowo, the Minister of Finance. Effectively, Gowon’s military and civilian deputies were both Christians. Religion was of no consequence.
Maj-Gen Muhammadu Buhari and Brigadier (later Maj-Gen) Babatunde Idiagbon — both Fulanis, both Muslims, both Northerners — were No 1 and No 2 in 1983-85 and I can’t remember any objections. That was what Nigeria used to be.
Something definitely went wrong thereafter as religious crises erupted under Gen Ibrahim Babangida. When Bashorun MKO Abiola, a Yoruba Muslim, wanted to pick his deputy for the June 12, 1993 presidential election, we had lost our innocence. The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) warned him not to nominate a Muslim, otherwise Christians would not vote for him. They gave him a list of Northern Christians to pick from: Dr Chris Abashiya, Dr Ishaya Audu, Mr Bala Takaya and Mr Paschal Bafyau. These were no political heavy hitters. Abiola achieved the North-South balance by picking Amb Babagana Kingibe, albeit a Northern Muslim. They won nine of the 16 northern states.
The cold calculations in Tinubu’s camp, I should guess, were in favour of a Muslim running mate. And I suppose that these might be their essential assumptions. One, a Muslim-Muslim ticket should not be a problem for the Muslim North where the bulk of the votes are. It should be a major counter-offer to an Atiku presidency since the president and vice-president would be Muslims. Two, it should also not be a problem for the South-West, apart from the cosmopolitan Lagos. Tinubu is the homeboy and religion is not yet a major political factor, although CAN and Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) are working overtime, along with fifth columnists, to poison Yorubaland with bitter bigotry.
Three, their calculation may be that those most likely to be vocally opposed to a Muslim-Muslim ticket are voters and commentators from the South-South, South-Eest and Christian North who do not vote for APC on a normal day. Even if Tinubu were a pastor, APC would still be a no-no for many voters in these constituencies.
Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by IJEYdiamond(f): 6:57pm On Jul 15, 2022
What stupid calculation.... so Christians dont matter abi... another cheat mode.. abi..

Oluwole in 3D dimension to win abi.... Woru woru.. method just to get to the top..

Na wetin him do for mobil and Lagos state abi..

Woru woru to everything.... God dey ooo..
Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by Carlosdd: 7:08pm On Jul 15, 2022
olaniyilukman:
Honestly, since Nigeria returned back to democracy in 1999 we have been using this formula of Muslim-Christian ticket and yet nothing good comes out of it, we have been deceive by political elites and we have been further dragged into more poverty....

Let them continue to deceive themselves, even if Tinubu choose pope from Rome they will criticize and still not vote for him , the only option remain with them is to vote their preferred candidate, they wanted to convince him choose wrong running mate but now that it dawned on them that he made the right choice , they won’t allow us to breath in peace . Vote , campaign and canvass vote for your preferred candidate allow others to enjoy their civic responsibility too . Too much noise

2 Likes

Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by FrauleinBlossom(f): 7:26pm On Jul 15, 2022
Purely political. People often scream about islamization over almost every move made by Hausa Muslims, but I'm still trying to understand what they mean. Some of these moves are politically motivated, and not religious. Like this very one on the front burner right now.

1 Like

Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by milliondollas(m): 7:56pm On Jul 15, 2022
YORUBAS AND OTHER TRIBE LIKE IGALA ARE FAKE MUSLIM , HAUSA DOES NOT RECOGNISE THEM AS A TRUE MUSLIM, EXAMPLE IN ABUJA ONLY HAUSA LEADS THE PRAYER THE FAKE ONES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAD PRAYER IN THE MOSQUE, BECAUSE OF THIS THE YORUBAS HAS THEIR MOSQUE CLEARLY WRITTEN YORUBA MOSQUE, IGALA HAS THEIR MOSQUE IN NYANYA TOO. SECONDLY EVERY ONE SHOULD UNDERSTANDING THE HAUSA ARE NOT INTELLIGENT PEOPLE AND EVEN IF A CANDIDATE IS A GOAT AS LONG AS HE IS OF THEIR OWN RELIGION AND TRIBE THEY WILL FOLLOW BLINDLY, THERE ARE NOT CAPABLE OF GOOD REASONING, THE NORTHERNS ARE HIGHLY BACKWARDS, RETARD PEOPLE WITH 13 CENTURY MIND SET, TINUBU IS DESPERATE TO BE PRESIDENT HE HAS TO PUT UP WITH NEANDERTHAL MEN
Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by Fareke: 8:10pm On Jul 15, 2022

Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by wilzindinero: 8:45pm On Jul 15, 2022
A man who really don't care if his ppl are sold as slave to Babylon has spoken. This is the major problems with our so called politicians. Mr Kingsley Moghalu may have bn promised a juicy position if the Muslim/Muslim experiment succeed at the national level. He made mention of June 93 election as a case study. The late MKO Abiola is a popular candidate who will still win comfortably with a Christian candidate as his deputy but chose a fellow Muslim. What makes you think that election was annulled?
Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by MUTERIKA(m): 8:47pm On Jul 15, 2022
yoruba1914:
We will not be fooled.
what this one saying? The last two full generals were/are Christians. The current Air chief is a Christian, the last Navy chief was Christian. So, what are you saying gangan?
Re: Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War by Rotji(m): 9:06pm On Jul 15, 2022
Fira09:
2023: Moghalu reveals real reason APC opted for Muslim-Muslim ticket

[/b]

https://politicsnigeria.com/2023-moghalu-reveals-real-reason-apc-opted-for-muslim-muslim-ticket/

Yes of course it is a political calculation that made religion as it's sole foundation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Major Road Collapses In Akwa Ibom After Heavy Rainfall. Photos / Photos From Nkpolu Riot Over Bad Roads, Protesters Injured By Stray Bullets / : EFCC Raids Residence Of Ex-zamfara Governor, Abdulaziz Yari (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.