Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Should I Keep Paying? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Should I Keep Paying? (272 Views)

If You Fail To Own Your Property Then You Will Keep Paying Rent / If You Fail To Own Your Property Then You Will Keep Paying Rent / If You Fail To Own Your Property Then You Will Keep Paying Rent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Keep Paying? by Truetalk3139: 10:36am On Jul 16, 2022
Hello everyone.

I rented an apartment February this year and by April I traveled out of the country, which means I have been away for 3 months now.

The problem I am facing now is that, every month that passes since I left, the other occupants in the house always ask me for electricity and waste bill money of what I didn’t use, but I have been adamant not to pay a dime since it’s obvious I am not around and not planning on returning anytime soon.

I will like to know if I am doing the right thing by not paying or I must continue paying.

The house is dominated by female occupants which I didn’t know about until the agent deceived me and I moved in, out of 25 rooms only 4 is occupied by males.
Re: Should I Keep Paying? by KristaPretty(f): 10:59am On Jul 16, 2022
You can ask them to disconnect you completely or you pay the bill because you have your properties in that house. First option is best as you would be a wicked person if you are connected and do not pay the bills, irrespective of you being there or not. It would also keep the respect you have.

They might decide to be evil and break into your house just to destroy or take things, you cannot hold anyone without evidence
Re: Should I Keep Paying? by Truetalk3139: 11:04am On Jul 16, 2022
KristaPretty:
You can ask them to disconnect you completely or you pay the bill because you have your properties in that house. First option is best as you would be a wicked person if you are connected and do not pay the bills, irrespective of you being there or not. It would also keep the respect you have.

They might decide to be evil and break into your house just to destroy or take things, you cannot hold anyone without evidence

I told them to disconnect my room totally that when I get back I’ll fix it back. But they keep asking for waste bill money

1 Like

Re: Should I Keep Paying? by KristaPretty(f): 11:05am On Jul 16, 2022
Truetalk3139:
I told them to disconnect my room totally that when I get back I’ll fix it back.

That's better

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Acres Of Land Available Along Ayetoro-imeko, Abeokuta. / SHORTLET: 2 Bedroom Shortlet In Thomas Estate Ajah / Brand New 3 Bedroom Apartment With BQ And Elevator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.