Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,811 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan (5199 Views)

Summit: Patience Jonathan Denies Blocking Buhari’s Wife / Jonathan Denies Speaking With King Of Morocco, Orders Full Investigation / Patience Jonathan Denies Receiving N3bn From NDDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by mikuz(m): 2:45am On Jul 29, 2011
Waoh
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by Nobody: 3:13am On Jul 29, 2011
@kobojunkie, alaoji power station is a good example of a project obj, started yara'adua stalled and is been completed by jonathan. As for the bill, i don't support in all, you raised valid points, no doubt. president GEJ and abati are the men, who are in the right position to answer your questions. I've bailed out. P.s(i saw stuffs i liked in the bill and i think the bill will, do us good as long as our elected officials would also loose there immunity, to allow for better/effective scrutiny in office). This is my opinion.
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by Kobojunkie: 3:36am On Jul 29, 2011
Henry120:

@kobojunkie, alaoji power station is a good example of a project obj, started yara'adua stalled and is been completed by jonathan. As for the bill, i don't support in all, you raised valid points, no doubt. president GEJ and abati are the men, who are in the right position to answer your questions. I've bailed out. P.s(i saw stuffs i liked in the bill and i think the bill will, do us good as long as our elected officials would also loose there immunity, to allow for better/effective scrutiny in office). This is my opinion.

Alaoji Power Station project, from the best of my knowledge, was NEVER stopped. I don't believe the Yar adua administration interrupted the contracts. The report from 2007 through 2009 show that what you have above probably not the case here. And I don't Goodluck has any hand in the continuation of any of the power plants since, once again, most all the contracts were signed back during the Obasanjo days, and they are only now being completed or already decided place in all this.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200702270287.html

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/185/1/Abia--commends-Rockson-Engineering-over-Alaoji-power-plant/Page1.html

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/08/alaoji-power-plant-80-ready/

Henry120:

president GEJ and abati are the men, who are in the right position to answer your questions. I've bailed out. P.s(i saw stuffs i liked in the bill and i think the bill will, do us good as long as our elected officials would also loose there immunity, to allow for better/effective scrutiny in office). This is my opinion.

What is this SECRET stuff you saw in the bill that you liked now?? TELL US ALL!!!! To me immunity is NOT necessarily a problem since we can always get them when they are done. Also, we can always request that those we see as unfit be IMPEACHED and get them once they are. I mean we just did that in Illinois, and I know we can do the same in Nigeria, IF Nigerians are willing.
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by Nobody: 3:50am On Jul 29, 2011
I did not say any secret stuff, i'm not in the government, and do not work for the government. What, i should have said was, aspects, (instead of stuff) of the bill, that i liked. If i may add, These are still early stages, the bill would still be delibrated upon. There is still time.
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by Johndoe100(m): 3:56am On Jul 29, 2011
mikeansy, blacksta, dayokanu, so many vampires in one thread. Just means that GEJ is on the right track.

Do you know how pitiful you all sound? Spending all you time and energy pissing against the wind. The truth is if we had another election today GEJ would still win. I do realize though that here on Nairaland ( where the population of internet Nigerians and itinerant vampires never seems to shrink) delusions seems to be the order of the day.

This is a measure that would have brought some needed order to our political space and enabled our politicians to perform optimally. I for one hope that once the unnecessary noise dies down , this can be reflected in the constitution
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by Roland17(m): 4:07am On Jul 29, 2011
Has any idea suggested since Odechukwu came into political prominence been his?
"Breath of fresh air indeed"
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by techJ: 7:38am On Jul 29, 2011
this our president is a big liar o. I rememner when he during, i think, his debate that, 'some say 4 year is not enough to make a meaningful change, Blah, blah, blah' and that was when no other person has even mentioned it. What is this big lie all about. He then, allegedly, went further to say it would reduce the cost of conducting an election because he conducted the most expensive election since the inception of democracy in naija. Which is more expensive, d cost of conducting election or d cost of have a bad govt for six long years without a way of removing it for non performance and misappropriation?
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by Grassroot: 7:48am On Jul 29, 2011
Actually, it was my idea.
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by cinzo: 7:50am On Jul 29, 2011
YOU SHOULD ALL COOL DOWN. I TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR INITIATING THE SINGLE TERM PLAN. OGA JONA WAS NOT AWARE AT ALL OF MY PLANS.

GEJ IS A COWARD grin
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by abelian: 7:50am On Jul 29, 2011
when will Johnny boy wake up and start acting like a president?
or does he think he is a local government chairman? angry
inconsistent policies, unnecessary comments, i dont understand why he is still paying his PR agents, it is waste of money, they should all be sacked. it would have been better if he kept quiet than this BS all in the name of trying to safe his face.
this singular act is not helping his image as president, it shows we have a weakling. so what he is saying now is that there are some people somewhere making policies and running the country for him? Fresh Air indeed
My grandma would have done a better job (at least she woulda made a mistake and stood by it) angry angry
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by Demdem(m): 8:14am On Jul 29, 2011
I cant believe that "my" president is lying. O ga gan oooo
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by mrofficial(m): 8:14am On Jul 29, 2011
Where are the people that voted this clown?
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by dustydee: 8:40am On Jul 29, 2011
If he's denying it then Abati should be sacked for lying on behalf of the president.
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by showstopa: 8:49am On Jul 29, 2011
Nigerians, The country's greatest enemies.
I don't know a lot about the bill, to be frank I know next to nothing just that the bill seeks to elongate the presidential tenure and make it one term.How long is it for? Let's say 5 years Maximum.
You are telling me you guys cannot see any benefit from it. Let me tell you what my non political eyes sees.It sees an end to all thos Presidents or Governors who start planning for second tenure in their second year. Be back later with more
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by Bawss1(m): 8:57am On Jul 29, 2011
Facepalm @ GEJ
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by maclatunji: 9:35am On Jul 29, 2011
Bawss1:

Facepalm @ GEJ

That would be a slap wouldn't it?
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by texazzpete(m): 9:35am On Jul 29, 2011
Seun:

I love me a president that can make a u-turn instead of stubbornly driving the whole country into a ditch.

Now you're veering into the realm of sycophancy. What u-turn? He is merely claiming that the original idea was not his. Did you hear him insist he'll drop the idea for good?
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by Biggie9: 9:46am On Jul 29, 2011
I never knew Jonathan was such a fool. He is just behaving like a drunken and drowning sailor looking for straws to cluth. Unfortunately for him, the only straw he can drown with is Rueben Agbati who has disgraced himself too defending the indefensible. So where do we go from here, Jonathan should concentrate on bills that will serve the masses well, bills on education, health care, road transport etc and it will be well with him if he does so. For the past 12 years(since 1999) he has been on the political scene, i cant think back and remember any single social or infrastrucural project associated with him. He enjoys power and fame just for the sake of it, and not to use it to help the people. Thats why i choose to call him GO-slow Ebele Jonathan!
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by 1025: 10:14am On Jul 29, 2011
shame catch me as i hear the man say it is not his brain child. how can a president tell the citizens that he is not the one in charge? my God, what and how did i belong here? is it possible this man has no senses of his own? no leader in his right senses can make this statement. if you are not ready to take responsibility, then u are less than a human being. how did we come this low in our lives? i was shocked to hear this. now i remember, it is his wife that suggested that.
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by Johnpaul2k2(m): 10:51am On Jul 29, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by Johnpaul2k2(m): 10:57am On Jul 29, 2011
lol
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by cantell(m): 10:59am On Jul 29, 2011
Goodluck is nothing but a coward. He should learn to accept his defeat no matter what.
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by Ibomade1: 11:25am On Jul 29, 2011
Mr Goodluck, you are turning yourself into a laughing-stock. with the level of ineptitude you are displaying.

I swear it wasn't me!!! it was President Musa Yaradua. We all know that dead men don't speak so try another one.
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by daywatcher: 11:49am On Jul 29, 2011
Having reassed the justification for this, I think the idea is good, but it is by fat not the most important issue facing the country right now.

But in a brighter side, if during his term he initiates good developmental projects, then his successor will be able to continue these projects and not be worrying about re-election
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by Ibime(m): 11:58am On Jul 29, 2011
Henry120:

You just get tired of some nigerians at-times, especially some of them on nairaland. The same justice uwais report, you have been clamouring to be implemented, has now been offered to you, and the best you can say is the president is dumb, clueless, moronic, "the drunken fisherman, is more intelligent than he appears, he seeks to elongate his tenure. The same way a party chieftain(cannot recall the party) on ait news, made a mockery of himself on national t.v, he said "that GEJ godfather obasanjo, failed in his tenure elongation and GEJ would also fail in his own tenure elongation". Without any credible argument, he chose to blatantly ignore the part, were president jonathan said he would not be a "beneficiary", if it comes into law. He(party chieftain) ended with a quote "you can fool some people sometimes, but you cannot fool everybody all the time". No sensible argument as to why he (party chieftain) thinks the bill would be bad for the country. It is the same way many nairalanders who oppose jonathan think. Nigerians please them, you are damned, don't please them, you are still damned.

You are a fool of the highest order.

The Uwais report makes recommendations which strengthen each other.

If you put one part of the recommendations into action without implementing the rest, tyrants will have a field day.

The Uwais report says immunity clause should be removed in addition to the single term. Why didnt your Godfather Odechukwu include that in his bill?

He wants the 'rewards' of the report without the 'sacrifice'.

Odechukwu is like the spineless doctor who rather than dealing with the cause of the illness - the corruption that leads to waste in election year - decided to go after the symptom - the election itself.

I have said that anything short of a full confrontation of the corruption problem in Nigeria is USELESS.

Odechukwu has been a failure for the last 12 years in Government and nothing will change now. The eediot even gave Ministry of Works portfolio over to Tony Anenih's political camp, just to prove his unseriousness.

This is the same fool who some clueless Nigerians voted for in the name of "continuity and freedom of press".
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by daywatcher: 12:16pm On Jul 29, 2011
Having reassed the justification for this, I think the idea is good, but it is by fat not the most important issue facing the country right now.

But in a brighter side, if during his term he initiates good developmental projects, then his successor will be able to continue these projects and not be worrying about re-election
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2011
@ibime, they say "you don't argue, with a fool because, they would bring you down to there level and then beat you up, with experience". Why can't you, just make a clear argument, without insulting others. The last time i checked, the dumb, clueless man is your president, and will be so till 2015. Let me just let, the sleeping dog lie.
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by olumuyiwaH: 12:49pm On Jul 29, 2011
, i strongly blv dr r issues of national importance that much tym & effort shld be spent on, term elongation isn't one of such, if joe cld publicly admit dat it was't his idea bt he was d chairman and cld rule it out if he was't cool wit it, all diz r for slfish interest n i put it to d God fearin legislator to kick such bill out.
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by Kobojunkie: 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2011
showstopa:

I don't know a lot about the bill, to be frank I know next to nothing just that the bill seeks to elongate the presidential tenure and make it one term.How long is it for? Let's say 5 years Maximum.
You are telling me you guys cannot see any benefit from it. Let me tell you what my non political eyes sees.It sees an end to all thos Presidents or Governors who start planning for second tenure in their second year. Be back later with more

Do you read your own posts to be sure you are at least making some sense before you commit? Please don't show up later with more ramblings like what you have above, it's not good.
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by DisGuy: 1:11pm On Jul 29, 2011
showstopa:

One thing is clear, ever since Johnnie came on seat more fish brains are crawling out, in fact they have a hero in Johnie- they have found their voice!

Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by kulutempa: 1:31pm On Jul 29, 2011
Is this man the best a country of 150 million people can offer?  A daft, clueless, spineless simpleton, with a band of brainless sympathisers, who would willing open their mouths and have him pee there as long as he dashes them free money, or he is from their "tribe".
Re: Jonathan Denies Initiating Single-term Plan by seanet02: 1:36pm On Jul 29, 2011
I voted Gej not pdp. I dey laugh o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NEMA Warns Of Famine As Farmers Flee Boko Haram Attacks / Nigeria Talks Tough, Warns South Africa Over Seized $5.7 Million Arms money / Billionaire Army Chief!!! Pic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.