Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Osun Elections: 2023 Presidential Election Will Be Like The Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Elections: 2023 Presidential Election Will Be Like The Others (471 Views)

Atiku Visits Omisore Over Osun Elections / Osun Elections 2018: Rerun Likely As PDP Leads APC In Narrow Margin / Osun Elections: INEC Official That Tore Ayedaade Results Confesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Elections: 2023 Presidential Election Will Be Like The Others by oikirodah(m): 6:17pm On Jul 16, 2022
2023 Presidential Election Will Be Like The Others, As The APC Takes An Early Lead In Osun Elections; Matters Arising

Today, the world's attention is focused on the ongoing gubernatorial elections in Osun State; in fact, the elections in both Ekiti and Osun will serve as a preview of the general elections in 2023. If the Osun elections follow the same pattern as the Ekiti elections, which saw a low turnout, it will be INTRIGUING to see what happens in about 7 months.

The APC candidate, Oyetola, is currently in the lead according to early results from Osun State, which only serves to highlight the fact that Nigerians must reset their brains in order to accept the harsh reality.
It may interest you to know that, despite a large number of registered voters, the country has seen a low voter turnout since the 2019 general elections.

In short, the 2019 presidential election was the lowest in the country's history and even in Africa in recent times. Take note that there is a terrible trend of voter apathy, and one might wonder what would make a difference in a few months to come. Take the Edo State 2020 gubernatorial elections and subsequent Gubernatorial elections across the country after the 2019 general elections, and it is evident that the status quo is likely to remain.

According to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), voter turnout in the Edo 2020 gubernatorial elections was at a historic low of 25%. The last time a governorship election was held in 2016, the turnout was 32%.

The recent Ekiti elections, which the APC easily won, followed the same pattern, with fewer eligible voters voting than the previous time. Even when the number of registered voters in the states has increased. Remember that every individual is from a state, so as the number of registered voters increases across the country, so does the state by default.

The problem we've always had as a nation has been the hypocrisy that exists within all of us; we always want to justify whatever we've set our minds to ACCEPT/BELIEVE, and this can never change our expectations from THE reality.

When I argued that if Nigerians couldn't turn out enmasse for gubernatorial elections, the same should be expected in the presidential elections, someone dismissed my claim.

To be honest, which is closer to the grassroots  the Governor or the President? I can easily access my state governor, which cannot be said for the president, so by default, I would participate in gubernatorial elections over presidential elections because it is closer to me if I had to choose between the two.

The states are much closer to the people because each polling unit in a state must have at least one electorate who has a personal relationship with the Governor, which is a fact. So accept the reality that the States votes add up to national votes.

Lol , people dey forget say na from the State na hunger dey beat the people, anyway u like am or not that na the reality. If the electorates are not turning up for State elections it would be same pattern with the presidential elections.

The only way for changes to occur in Nigeria is for the over 70% of registered voters who refuse to vote in elections to begin voting. For example, in Edo state, all the shouts that Godfathers must be defeated and all what not, they all boasted that on election day,  Edolites would turn out en masse to vote Obaseki, and yet on election day, Obaseki won with even fewer votes than he received in the 2016 Governorship elections.

What does this tell you? When Obaseki was in the APC in 2016, he received 319,483 votes to win the elections, and when he was in the PDP in 2020, he received 307,955 votes to win the elections. This is even after Edo registered more voters.

So my people my point na say as Ekiti take be weeks ago and Osun take play today na so the Presidential election go still be in 2020, make una no vex with me oh na the truth I just yarn so.

If Nigerians can not realize that most of the development we crave for should initiate from the State which is closer to the grassroots then it is their headache.

If we can not turn up to vote in State elections then why are we deceiving ourselves that it is the Presidency which is holding alongside other elections that it is then the whole Nigerians would vote? UTOPIA DREAM.

My name na Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah and na me be the principal and chairman/CEO of Bush Radio Academy.

Copyright protected.

Source iReporteronline.
https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/2023-presidential-election-will-be-like-the-others-as-the-apc-takes-an-early-lead-in-osun-elections-matters-arising/

Re: Osun Elections: 2023 Presidential Election Will Be Like The Others by Xscape1993(m): 6:18pm On Jul 16, 2022
Evil party....
Re: Osun Elections: 2023 Presidential Election Will Be Like The Others by bamilale: 6:19pm On Jul 16, 2022
I hate to deceive myself
Re: Osun Elections: 2023 Presidential Election Will Be Like The Others by Vistra40: 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2022
oikirodah:
2023 Presidential Election Will Be Like The Others, As The APC Takes An Early Lead In Osun Elections; Matters Arising

Today, the world's attention is focused on the ongoing gubernatorial elections in Osun State; in fact, the elections in both Ekiti and Osun will serve as a preview of the general elections in 2023. If the Osun elections follow the same pattern as the Ekiti elections, which saw a low turnout, it will be INTRIGUING to see what happens in about 7 months.

The APC candidate, Oyetola, is currently in the lead according to early results from Osun State, which only serves to highlight the fact that Nigerians must reset their brains in order to accept the harsh reality.
It may interest you to know that, despite a large number of registered voters, the country has seen a low voter turnout since the 2019 general elections.

In short, the 2019 presidential election was the lowest in the country's history and even in Africa in recent times. Take note that there is a terrible trend of voter apathy, and one might wonder what would make a difference in a few months to come. Take the Edo State 2020 gubernatorial elections and subsequent Gubernatorial elections across the country after the 2019 general elections, and it is evident that the status quo is likely to remain.

According to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), voter turnout in the Edo 2020 gubernatorial elections was at a historic low of 25%. The last time a governorship election was held in 2016, the turnout was 32%.

The recent Ekiti elections, which the APC easily won, followed the same pattern, with fewer eligible voters voting than the previous time. Even when the number of registered voters in the states has increased. Remember that every individual is from a state, so as the number of registered voters increases across the country, so does the state by default.

The problem we've always had as a nation has been the hypocrisy that exists within all of us; we always want to justify whatever we've set our minds to ACCEPT/BELIEVE, and this can never change our expectations from THE reality.

When I argued that if Nigerians couldn't turn out enmasse for gubernatorial elections, the same should be expected in the presidential elections, someone dismissed my claim.

To be honest, which is closer to the grassroots  the Governor or the President? I can easily access my state governor, which cannot be said for the president, so by default, I would participate in gubernatorial elections over presidential elections because it is closer to me if I had to choose between the two.

The states are much closer to the people because each polling unit in a state must have at least one electorate who has a personal relationship with the Governor, which is a fact. So accept the reality that the States votes add up to national votes.

Lol , people dey forget say na from the State na hunger dey beat the people, anyway u like am or not that na the reality. If the electorates are not turning up for State elections it would be same pattern with the presidential elections.

The only way for changes to occur in Nigeria is for the over 70% of registered voters who refuse to vote in elections to begin voting. For example, in Edo state, all the shouts that Godfathers must be defeated and all what not, they all boasted that on election day,  Edolites would turn out en masse to vote Obaseki, and yet on election day, Obaseki won with even fewer votes than he received in the 2016 Governorship elections.

What does this tell you? When Obaseki was in the APC in 2016, he received 319,483 votes to win the elections, and when he was in the PDP in 2020, he received 307,955 votes to win the elections. This is even after Edo registered more voters.

So my people my point na say as Ekiti take be weeks ago and Osun take play today na so the Presidential election go still be in 2020, make una no vex with me oh na the truth I just yarn so.

If Nigerians can not realize that most of the development we crave for should initiate from the State which is closer to the grassroots then it is their headache.

If we can not turn up to vote in State elections then why are we deceiving ourselves that it is the Presidency which is holding alongside other elections that it is then the whole Nigerians would vote? UTOPIA DREAM.

My name na Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah and na me be the principal and chairman/CEO of Bush Radio Academy.

Copyright protected.

Source iReporteronline.
https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/2023-presidential-election-will-be-like-the-others-as-the-apc-takes-an-early-lead-in-osun-elections-matters-arising/

Where is APC leading sir? Is it this election that we’ve been monitoring?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Elections: 2023 Presidential Election Will Be Like The Others by HONESTFACT101(m): 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2022

Copyright protected.
Re: Osun Elections: 2023 Presidential Election Will Be Like The Others by Pandev(m): 6:36pm On Jul 16, 2022
cool

(1) (Reply)

Atiku: The Dubai Strategy / Youth Unemployment: South Africa 52% Nigeria 36% / This man Called Simon Ekpa Is A Pure Scammer,and Opportunist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.