Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

No Muslim Governor In SW Nigeria. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Muslim Governor In SW Nigeria. (4461 Views)

SE Vs SW Nigeria Out Of School Children-Statisense / South West Has No Muslim Governor / Why Do Almost Every Tribe Want To Go to University In Sw Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Muslim Governor In SW Nigeria. by KingRuby: 4:06pm On Jul 17, 2022
leksite120:
What if they originated from SW. Islam has been in Yorubaland as far as 15th century. It was the first religion that converted traditionalist before missionaries converted the remaining through schools.
Islam is so indigenous in Yoruba land. It's apparent in Oyo, Osun , Ogun and Lagos indigenes

Which Ogun?�
Re: No Muslim Governor In SW Nigeria. by PumpumPrince: 4:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
Kestolove:
CAN the new opposition party has form deaf to the christain christain ticket in osun. muslims in south wake up

helo am a londoner. so please can we mate twice afta we linnkup? u fancy? smiley
Re: No Muslim Governor In SW Nigeria. by WATCHOVER(m): 4:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
Kestolove:
CAN the new opposition party has form deaf to the christain christain ticket in osun. muslims in south wake up
Is like Telling Christians in North to wake up when you know that Nigeria has been divided as the North is Predominantly Muslims and South Christians and to crown it all the Supreme Court foolishly agree for the North to Use Penal code while the South Criminal code that is were the disunity became Solid
Re: No Muslim Governor In SW Nigeria. by SHINJA: 4:10pm On Jul 17, 2022
Yoruba muslims and hate..
Re: No Muslim Governor In SW Nigeria. by PumpumPrince: 4:10pm On Jul 17, 2022
SHINJA:
Yoruba muslims and hate..

IBO muslims are worse sir(no oofeinse) smiley
Re: No Muslim Governor In SW Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 17, 2022
PHYTECH:
The rate of Religious sentiments on Nigeria, is of serious concern.

Osun state won a Christian-Christian ticket

When a presidential candidate picked a Muslim as his vice, the noise of Muslim-muslim ticket was everywhere. Today, Out of the 6 SW and SS/SE states. There is no single Muslim Governor, not even 1. While no one is even talking about this. This is absad state. Even in some states like Ondo state, there's barely a Muslim ssa, commissioner or director.

Even when it's obvious that muslims are majority in SW.

This is a call if concern to everyone and all hypocrites.

As a Muslim and a Yoruba man, I should tell you that we Yorubas have never divided ourselves based on our religion or state of origin.

We don't treat our minoirties badly either, and our kings are not trying to impose themselves over their kings. That's the Egun in Lagos and Ogun, and the Ijaws in Ondo. A

That's why we have enjoyed relative peace and progress, which is not enjoyed anywhere else in the country.

Unfortunately, we can't say the same for Nigeria and many northern states where tribe and religion comes first before qualifications. The minorities are treated badly and Muslims Emirs impose themselves over Christian kings and chiefs. This bred an aura of distrust, one that simply filtered to the federal level.

And you know what else?

We Yorubas want to keep our lifestyle that way. We look at your qualifications first over anything else. So topics likethis shouldn't even make front page. Yoruba has always been Yoruba and will always be Yoruba.
Re: No Muslim Governor In SW Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 17, 2022
leksite120:
Olodo!
Have there not been traditionalists way before then. Or you're saying people started living in Yoruba land at 15th century

Yourbreply shows you're even stupider than I thought. Read my post, and see if your latest post is not actually supporting my point, and going opposite against the op. That is if you have enough brain cells for comprehension.
Re: No Muslim Governor In SW Nigeria. by leksite120(m): 6:02pm On Jul 17, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

Yourbreply shows you're even stupider than I thought. Read my post, and see if your latest post is not actually supporting my point, and going opposite against the op. That is if you have enough brain cells for comprehension.
Ode. Go back home and let them teach you how to talk to people first before you start dialoguing with me.
Re: No Muslim Governor In SW Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 17, 2022
leksite120:
Ode. Go back home and let them teach you how to talk to people first before you start dialoguing with me.

While I'm going home, you may return to your cage now, ok? I've heard you can bark very well. If I need some more barking sounds I'll call on your handlers to open your cage for you.
Re: No Muslim Governor In SW Nigeria. by OloYeOfEgbE: 9:40pm On Jul 17, 2022
marsman:

This Igbo boy, when they mention south east that is when you are allowed to talk, okay?!?!

Politics based on religious sentiment is largely alien to a large percentage of the southwest.

don't cyberbully me..I use God beg you
Re: No Muslim Governor In SW Nigeria. by Greyworld: 5:52am On Jul 18, 2022
PHYTECH:

Christianity in Nigeria is less than 200 years.
The Muslims bhas been in Nigeria as far back as 15th century.
Islam originated in Nigeria. Adamu
Re: No Muslim Governor In SW Nigeria. by Greyworld: 5:56am On Jul 18, 2022
leksite120:
Islam has been in Ikirun, Osun state as far back as 16th century. Islam entered Oyo empire as far back as 14th century. The first mosque in Oyo ile was built in 1550. Islam is as indigenous as Yoruba. That's why you'll see all those grandfathers being Muslims.

You may not know that there are lots of Arabic in Yoruba language, it shows how far the religion has integrated into Yoruba. Majority of Obas in Yoruba land today are Muslims especially Osun, Oyo, Ogun and Lagos.

Islam is the religion that suffered a lot in the hands of the traditionalist, cos Muslims were the first external religion to preach to them.
How i wish the Arabs who own Islam are proud of you as you are proud of their religion.

Go to the middle east if you love Islam. Frog

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Reacts To Meme Using His Beards As Shoe Brush / Niger: "My Administration Did Not Ban The Sale Of Alcohol" - Gov Bago / Minister Of Works, Adeseye Ogunlewe, Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.