Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,801 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

#osundecides2022: Eight Factors That Helped Adeleke Defeat Oyetola - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #osundecides2022: Eight Factors That Helped Adeleke Defeat Oyetola (58485 Views)

Osun 2022: Real Reason I Campaigned For Adeleke To Defeat Oyetola – Davido / Adeleke Defeat Oyetola #osundecide2022 / #osundecides2022: Jubilation In Osogbo As PDP Wins Polling Units (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #osundecides2022: Eight Factors That Helped Adeleke Defeat Oyetola by princewarri1985: 6:02am On Jul 18, 2022
Obojuju:
The former interim merger chairman of APC Bisi Akande is from Osun state.
The current secretary of APC Omishore is from Osun state .
Bola Tinubu is from Osun state.
Femi Fani Kayode is from Osun State.
Femi Adesina is from Osun state .
The national deputy chairman of APC is from Osun state .
The current governor of Osun is Tinubu Cousin .
This are the structures.
Yet ,the people structure defeated them all.

With all this, Apc still lost, lets not be over joyous as the paradigm shift is fast moving from deep pocket or party to credibility and vision. Follow the trend as its moving cos electorate are fast waking up.

Vote Peter Obi as President in 2023 and lets build a new Nigeria devoid of poverty and economic woes.
Na you dey talk small small! peter obi go shock the world next year, that i've seen
Re: #osundecides2022: Eight Factors That Helped Adeleke Defeat Oyetola by HaneefahRN(f): 6:49am On Jul 18, 2022
Oyetola is too calm and does not talk much, he is not charismatic like Aregbe who was a worse governor but managed to get a second term cos the man knows how to sweet talk and make his senseless policies look like a big deal. Sometimes I forget who the governor of my state is sef cos the guy no just really put himself out there. Aregbe many people who aren't from Osun knew him cos of his ways.

Oyetola didn't do any mega project in the state probably due to funding but then his term did not cause as much hardship to people as Aregbe.

The APC was divided against him, the power tussle with Aregbe, Aregbe faithfuls will surely not vote for him, an uncle of mine did same.

People were fed up and wanted change, that change will always be if APC no do, PDP should come in.

I hope the dancing senator does the land good.

2 Likes

Re: #osundecides2022: Eight Factors That Helped Adeleke Defeat Oyetola by Niom(m): 12:00pm On Jul 18, 2022
Richardonald:
You made a little sense, but spoilt it when you say he doesn't throw money around, have you forgotten that Apc were sharing 10k, when the state is in jeopardy, that is why people collected it and vote their mind.

And also ganduje and some Apc big wigs were in the state, even Lagos gov. Was the financial back war of the election, do you think tinubu won't tell sanwo olu to financially back Apc in that state.

To me it is
1 Pdp leaders presence in the state
2 adeleke was a strong candidate
3 Apc failed woefully in government
4 osun resident are tired
5 davido and his father influence, if you watch the moment of celebration the Pdp candidate prostate to davido father, it shows something

Imagine. He didn't even mention Davido.
Re: #osundecides2022: Eight Factors That Helped Adeleke Defeat Oyetola by AlphaTaikun: 1:58pm On Jul 18, 2022
ijustdey:

Mr Adeleke won in 17 of the 30 local government areas. He also won some local governments in the strongholds of the APC, such as Ilesa West and Ife North.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/543257-osundecides2022-eight-factors-that-helped-adeleke-defeat-oyetola.html
Re: #osundecides2022: Eight Factors That Helped Adeleke Defeat Oyetola by AlphaTaikun: 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2022
sreamsense:
All those factors are irrelevant, reason for his defeat is because he was given opportunity to prove himself in good governance but failed to impress people. There was no visible significant things he has done in remote towns and villages that people can point to. He started building roads in many remote towns and villages when election was approaching which people believe he was only doing that to canvass for election because he may soon abandon them.

He also abandoned good policies of Aregbesola without replacing them with convincing alternatives. Another reason why people voted him out is that he is too dull, no charisma like Aregbesola. Adeleke was only elected because APC did not provide better alternative. Adeleke is just given four years to prove himself if he has something better to offer beyond dancing. If he turns government house to club house or dancing hall, he will be sent packing in the same manner. People of Osun don't hate Tinubu, they just don't want bad product of Oyetola.

You might be surprised that by next year, Tinubu may gather above 80% of Osun votes, because they know him as personally competent, but they never want somebody to hide under him to grab second tenure after glaring non-performance from Oyetola
I like your deep insights in the last 2 paragraphs. You really know what's up. smiley

Nigerian politics is important to the world and this is why Nigerians all over the world (Diasporans and home-based) are following these electoral events as a lead to the coming events of 2023.

The major thing from my observation is that a house divided against itself cannot stand! Abdulrauf Aregbesola and Lasun should not have been excluded in the grand scheme of things in Osun APC. I mean look at how Ijesaland gave the other party more votes than they did to APC when Ijesa people generally have always voted along progressive lines and for APC. And the difference in the votes cast between APC and PDP wasn't much! Sen. Adeleke got a total of 403,371 votes, while the incumbent, Governor Adegboyega Oyetola of the All Progressives Congress, who got 375,027 votes in the keenly contested race.

The new kid on the block (Sen. Nurudeen "Jackson" Adeleke) has to realise that over 107 countries according to the UN are distressed right now and could be going the way of Sri Lanka so he has to sit up and realise that this is NOT a "JOHN PLAYER NATIONAL DISCO DANCE COMPETITION" that he used to tke part in back in the 1980s. "No blame games... Just do it," otherwise he'll get kicked out by the electorate NEXT time. Governance is NOT a joke.

Thanks for your unbiased and very lucid view HERE.

All the best.
Re: #osundecides2022: Eight Factors That Helped Adeleke Defeat Oyetola by OluwaChase(m): 3:43am On Jul 22, 2022
Tboymessiah:

NasoLifeBe!!!

Don't say that again which osun state....

A state, where a man was saying the state made life worst for them by increasing fuel price to 200 naira per litre.

The few elite in Osun state are yahoo boys.

You be fool yeah. And I can even bet you haven’t been to Osun state before that is why you’re here yearning rubbish.!! Osun State is full of Elite like other comrade said not only Yahoo…!! So an Osun State Yahoo boy they mumu you and wen we check your background now u came from Zero mumu
Re: #osundecides2022: Eight Factors That Helped Adeleke Defeat Oyetola by OluwaChase(m): 3:49am On Jul 22, 2022
Tboymessiah:

NasoLifeBe!!!

Stop over hyping Aregbesola, he will do nothing, in 2018, he was defeated even with aregbe support...

Aregbesola gat no relevant in osun,

The misfortune that fell on Oyetola was caused by Aregbesola, nonsense policy of government, of half salary, one school uniform for government school, not paying gratitude and pensions and so many things....

The main evildoers is Aregbesola mode of government while in power

Bro, I’m imole tokan tokan and Obident for life but when you’re talking about Aregbesola eh that man try for our state with infrastructure bro but he later go influence by oloribu Oyetola that told him to be paying half salaries and Werey also change public school to one na that time we knew he bleeped up. but brother I can tell you Aregbesola Change oSun for Goods

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office / Governor Babagana Zulum Sitting Under A Tree / Aliko Dangote Visits President-Elect, Bola Tinubu (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.