Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,111 members, 7,818,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

6 Recommended Cities In Canada Where Nigerians Can Live And Have A Great Time. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 6 Recommended Cities In Canada Where Nigerians Can Live And Have A Great Time. (4526 Views)

I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria / Netherland Or Canada - Where Should I Go? / Inside Aksaray Underground Market Where Nigerians Buy Food In Turkey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Recommended Cities In Canada Where Nigerians Can Live And Have A Great Time. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 17, 2022
What I want to share with you today are the 6 best amazing cities you can live and study in Canada.

Once in a while, I get various questions from people about the best city they can live in Canada.

There are so many great places to live in Canada, depending on your specific needs and wants. There is undoubtedly a spot that is ideal for you, whether you want to live in a large city with lots of activities or a less expensive location with less traffic.

There are other excellent Canadian cities, despite the misconception held by many that Toronto is the only one. If you want to relocate to Canada, you've got to pick the one that will be suitable for you smiley

1.) Ottawa, Ontario The city consistently ranks among the best places in the world to live for quality of life,  cleanliness, a vibrant city center, and beautiful neighborhoods.

The cost of living in Ottawa is acceptable despite being higher than the national average. Depending on where you live, apartments can be rented for between $700 and $1400 per month.

Ottawa's unemployment rate is only 5.3 percent, and salaries are above the national average. The top positions that can be taken into consideration are IT analysts, salesmen in retail, computer programmers, and creators of interactive media.

2.) Quebec City, Quebec
Quebec City is the capital city of la belle province (commonly known as Quebec).

One of the greatest places in Canada to retire, the city has a population of slightly over 500,000. The city's unemployment rate is lower than the national average.

Accountants, nurses, physicians, engineers, and other professions are in high demand in Quebec City.

It is a fantastic destination to visit, live, and work. However, one thing to keep in mind about Quebec Metropolis is that it is mostly a Francophone city. So if you think of relocating to this city and your French isn't as strong as it could be, you should start studying it.

3.) Calgary, Alberta The largest city in Alberta, Calgary, has a lot to offer new Canadians. Most individuals pick between Calgary and Edmonton when relocating to Alberta.

Both the cost of living and incomes are higher in Calgary than the average in the country. At only 6%, the unemployment rate is very low.

Due to the great amenities and ongoing redevelopment, housing costs are growing. A house costs about $500,000, but a Honda costs about $300,000.

The cost of living is cheap in Calgary despite the high property costs. Oil and gas workers, engineers, and accountants are the top jobs you can find in this city.

4.) Hamilton, Ontario
It is the third-largest city in Ontario and home to over 600,000 people. Hamilton is a great place to live and work in terms of job prospects for new immigrants.

It is regarded as one of the best places in Canada to live if you’re looking for an urban environment with all the amenities.

5.) Montreal, Quebec
If you’re intent on living and working in this city, you’ll almost certainly need to know French, as it contains one of the world’s highest concentrations of French speakers

6.) Edmonton, Alberta
Edmonton is the capital of Alberta and the second-largest city in the province after Calgary. 

Edmonton’s unemployment rate is lower than Calgary and Toronto, making it an ideal place to live if you’re looking for work.
Re: 6 Recommended Cities In Canada Where Nigerians Can Live And Have A Great Time. by Fistop: 4:40pm On Jul 17, 2022
What of Manitoba, Winnipeg precisely?
Re: 6 Recommended Cities In Canada Where Nigerians Can Live And Have A Great Time. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 17, 2022
It is also a nice city to relocate to. You can do more research about it but it's not currently on the top lists.
Fistop:
What of Manitoba, Winnipeg precisely?
Re: 6 Recommended Cities In Canada Where Nigerians Can Live And Have A Great Time. by Olusegvn02(m): 1:05pm On Jul 24, 2022
[Please pardon me, I'm new on Nairaland. I am trying to start a PNP journey to Alberta. I found out on their website that I do not need to apply.
Can someone kindly show me around? I am lost.

Thank you.
Re: 6 Recommended Cities In Canada Where Nigerians Can Live And Have A Great Time. by Olusegvn02(m): 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2022
Please pardon me, I'm new on Nairaland. I am trying to start a PNP journey to Alberta. I found out on their website that I do not need to apply.

Thank you.
Re: 6 Recommended Cities In Canada Where Nigerians Can Live And Have A Great Time. by modskiller(m): 2:29pm On Jul 24, 2022
What of Manitoba bro
Re: 6 Recommended Cities In Canada Where Nigerians Can Live And Have A Great Time. by ednut1(m): 3:50pm On Jul 24, 2022
Olusegvn02:
[Please pardon me, I'm new on Nairaland. I am trying to start a PNP journey to Alberta. I found out on their website that I do not need to apply.

Thank you.
they chose people from the express entry pool from time to time. You cannot apply and no one knows what occupations they need or want at such times

1 Like

Re: 6 Recommended Cities In Canada Where Nigerians Can Live And Have A Great Time. by Olusegvn02(m): 3:44pm On Oct 02, 2022
Thank you very much

ednut1:
they chose people from the express entry pool from time to time. You cannot apply and no one knows what occupations they need or want at such times
Re: 6 Recommended Cities In Canada Where Nigerians Can Live And Have A Great Time. by pansophist(m): 3:52pm On Oct 02, 2022
Canada of all places? Nigerians no get taste lol

1 Like

Re: 6 Recommended Cities In Canada Where Nigerians Can Live And Have A Great Time. by lanresz(m): 5:13pm On Oct 02, 2022
Yes, Canada of all places. The over 40,000 Nigerians in Canada as of 2016 has no get taste. https://canadaimmigrants.com/nigerian-immigrants-canada/

pansophist:
Canada of
all places? Nigerians no get taste lol
Re: 6 Recommended Cities In Canada Where Nigerians Can Live And Have A Great Time. by Cul4real(m): 10:18am On Nov 26, 2023
Good stuff

(1) (Reply)

Passport Renewal ( Abuja ) / My Electricity Bill In UK VS Canada / Eea Family Visa For Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.