Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Unhealthy Rearing Of Chicken In A Living House. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Unhealthy Rearing Of Chicken In A Living House. (627 Views)

Training/rearing Of Goats, Dogs & Pigs, Which Is Cheaper & More Profitable? / How A Nigerian Teacher Earns A Living With An Organic Tomato Farm / How Much Is Chicken In Your Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unhealthy Rearing Of Chicken In A Living House. by swit4real: 3:50pm On Jul 17, 2022
Dear NLs, please I need your advice. My neighbor has converted the seatout between my flat and hers to a poultry farm, where she is now rearing chicken. I recently returned home from my work place and was hearing the clucking sound of Chicken coming from the balcony, when I opened the door to see what was there, I saw birds in some cartons.

I presumed my neighbor kept them there and would relocate them after some days since the chicken were inside a carton, but days has turned to weeks and weeks going to month and the birds are still in my balcony. I then checked the varander again only to discover, the birds have found a new home, as they are now on the floor of the seatout, as thier place of abode.

Last week Monday, I met with the woman to finding out what she mean by training birds behind my kitchen. She said gave some excuses, that she will relocate them but has not got them money..... Later that day, I saw her husband and informed him, but he too complained of money bla bla bla. I obliged to assist them with some money, to which I transfered 5,000 to him and pleased with him to move the chicken away from our living house.

Low and behold, It's now 10 days, since I gave them the notice , gave them some cash and about 30 days since all these started. I have as well inform the care taker, but he too is not coming forth as I am left on my own.
Please brothers and sisters, I need your advice as a law abiding citizen, who wouldn't like taking law into his hands. I Leave in Kubwa Abuja and that is where all these is happening. Attached is a video of the chicken and my kitchen
Re: Unhealthy Rearing Of Chicken In A Living House. by anthonyuncle(m): 3:57pm On Jul 17, 2022
report them to the landlord
Re: Unhealthy Rearing Of Chicken In A Living House. by proff010: 3:57pm On Jul 17, 2022
What about your landlord
Re: Unhealthy Rearing Of Chicken In A Living House. by GardenGreen: 4:00pm On Jul 17, 2022
Can you be kind to clarify ways the chickens arE being a problem for you. Let's start from here and we can respond to you qualitatively
Re: Unhealthy Rearing Of Chicken In A Living House. by swit4real: 4:26pm On Jul 17, 2022
I have reported to the caretake and he is yet to take any action, the place is the next room to my kitchen. Smells from the poultry now enters my kitchen and I xan not beat rhe odor
Re: Unhealthy Rearing Of Chicken In A Living House. by Mrsoft3(m): 5:19pm On Jul 17, 2022
Rearing of chicks so close by is unhealthy and should not be encouraged, so there is two ways you can take the matter up with your landlord to avoid escalated issue or simply go to the health office in your area they will come to the house and either size the chickens or give them final warning after inviting them to their office with schooling on health violation.
Re: Unhealthy Rearing Of Chicken In A Living House. by Mrsoft3(m): 5:21pm On Jul 17, 2022
swit4real:
I have reported to the caretake and he is yet to take any action, the place is the next room to my kitchen. Smells from the poultry now enters my kitchen and I xan not beat rhe odor

That's one of the issue you will encounter, their disease is airborne and can enter your food or other useable things in the kitchen that is going straight into the mouth.

If caretaker is not coming in two days simply go to the health office give them address they will do the needful,you don't need to bother. Infact they will never rear anything in the house again.

(1) (Reply)

Alien Creature Captured In My Compound / Poultry Farming / Using Innovative Thinking To Generate More Sale (agric Value Chain )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.