Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

A Misguided Union - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Misguided Union (757 Views)

A Misguided Engagement Of The Biafra Issue-jide Ajani / Atiku: Chronicles Of A Misguided Politician / Nyako: Atiku Is A Security Threat : It’s A Misguided Statement –atiku ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Misguided Union by Chxta(m): 7:22am On Jul 29, 2011
Without any apology to anyone, I believe that the hierarchy of the labour unions in Nigeria is populated by morons.

On another note, I find it significant that this article which I submitted to the editors at The Daily Times a few days ago was published today, the very same day that The Guardian published a story telling us that labour wants to mobilise people for another (aborted?) strike.

After the pissed on opportunity of last week, who should take them serious? Such a person's head would need to be examined,
Re: A Misguided Union by ektbear: 7:49am On Jul 29, 2011
You raise some good points.

However, I disagree with your premise that their leaders are foolish. In fact, their leaders are very intelligent. They are not-so-subtly monopolizing Nigeria's resources for a small clique of people (namely, themselves).

From what I've been reading, for some of these states to implement the minimum wage, their entire allocation from the FG would not be enough to cover worker salaries. In other words, 100% recurrent expenditure. Can you imagine a situation in which this small clique (in most cases, under 50k people in each state) manage to monopolize for themselves 100% of the state's resources? Wonderful for this clique, terrible for each state and Nigeria as a whole.

I don't like unions, and have never liked this concept of a minimum wage. Especially in a country where unemployment and underemployment are rampant. I think that they are doing more harm than good.
Re: A Misguided Union by ektbear: 4:46pm On Jul 30, 2011
man

no other comments on this thread? crazy
Re: A Misguided Union by excelabbey(m): 3:49pm On Aug 02, 2011
ekt-bear, what's d problem,
Re: A Misguided Union by ektbear: 11:05pm On Aug 02, 2011
Just thought it was a pretty good post, surprised so little interest in it.
Re: A Misguided Union by NegroNtns(m): 11:47pm On Aug 02, 2011
I read it ekt_bear and sorry I did not respond, I'm deprogrammed from any thread of commonality to the federation. Supporting the union is akin to supporting the federation.
Re: A Misguided Union by nduchucks: 2:08am On Aug 03, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

I read it ekt_bear and sorry I did not respond, I'm deprogrammed from any thread of commonality to the federation. Supporting the union is akin to supporting the federation.

One couldn't say that you are a petriotic Nigerian by nature. Would you by any chance have any plans to show or express your lack of support for this federation? Are you a brave millitary man with the will to seize power and dismatle the union? Do you simply plan to siddon look and wait for Allah to dismantle the country for you? I ask these questions because you don't come across as a coward to me.

(1) (Reply)

Cutetj Lets Continue Discussing Senator Mamore's Campaign Here / "kini Mo Ji, Ki Lo Ju" – Ibb V Obj / The Timing Of Tinubu’s Tempest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.