Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,931 members, 7,817,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC (7603 Views)

2023 Census Will Not Canvass Question On Religious Affiliation / The National Census Will Hold Between March 2023 To April 2023 / The Next Census Will Cost Over N220 Billion - Population Commission Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by PS712: 6:49am On Jul 18, 2022
When some of us argue that the same faith ticket of any popular political party is ill-timed at this fragile time of our history some say it doesn't matter, let them use their influence to ensure inclusion of religion and ethnicity in the forthcoming census. Shebi religion doesn't matter?

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by nengibo: 7:05am On Jul 18, 2022
So the same country running muslim-muslim candidacy doesn't want to include religion in the census

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by Toosure70: 7:07am On Jul 18, 2022
I know there will be 2 parties in the nearest future ACP - All christian Party and AMP - All Muslim Party. Please don't let us set this country on fire because of religion. If an object called football unite us why the religion can't. Please let us show ourselves love.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by cliper230(m): 7:12am On Jul 18, 2022
Lol why are some people afraid. I laugh when people tell you that Muslims and Christians are 50 50. That northerners are bigger than southern.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by kafeii123: 7:29am On Jul 18, 2022
There should actually be questions of religion..
For God's sake we can not spend so much money on such projects and then be minding the sensibilities of people whose money we are not spending....

The data isn't meant for just us ...but for national planning... investments...etc..

You want to invest in a certain religious related business...you want to have at least an idea of your theoretical market size....not start the business and then doing Allahu Akbar.... spraying cele water, burying goats and human beings and chanting needless incantations biko.....what is our problem in this country eh

1 Like

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by FuckDModz: 7:35am On Jul 18, 2022
Instead of removing it, why not make it optional?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 18, 2022
Census or allocation of population figures?

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by perryy(m): 8:11am On Jul 18, 2022
This is like saying ' it is too sensitive to tell the truth, let us lie '. Wether sensitive or not , just include them let us know who is who and what is what.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 18, 2022
dalongjnr post=114827741[b:
]The north always count trees cows,sheep[/b]..... ETC just to inflate their population. Now I want a situation that for you to access Medicare, education, and all social services, one must present his NIN and birth certificate compulsorily. And the head counts must be accurate.

You can't blame them for @bolded. The human population there have as much sense as those things you listed.
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by yomi531(m): 8:26am On Jul 18, 2022
ArewaNorth:
Very nice and sensitive decision. Those who wants to know the religious demographic of Nigerians should do their own census!
U dey fear naa. U guys dont want us to expose ur lies . With about 20 states of Christian majority and some other states like kogi, nasarawa, Fct etc thats has almost equal number of Christians and Muslims , I make bold to say Christians are the majority in naija. Na fear fear dey do these northerners. They dont want us to know the truth. Shior

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by ArewaNorth: 8:57am On Jul 18, 2022
yomi531:
U dey fear naa. U guys dont want us to expose ur lies . With about 20 states of Christian majority and some other states like kogi, nasarawa, Fct etc thats has almost equal number of Christians and Muslims , I make bold to say Christians are the majority in naija. Na fear fear dey do these northerners. They dont want us to know the truth. Shior

Your attitudes will really deteriorate the little tolerance Nigeria has. I don't know your age, you may be a kid but after 2011 General Elections many fanatic Christians occupied social media boasting that GEJ's winning election indicated that Christians are majority in Nigeria. However, Northeners were discontent and furious about how GEJ handled Boko Haram insurgency and made alliance with SW and took the power in 2015 and occupied all arms of Govts positions and look helpless.. Many of you have been crying like babies aspersing all forms bigotic comment on the ruling party. These attitudes have clearly shown that the fanaticism among Christians is incredibly outrageous. Muslims are so tolerant and don't bother to go to Churches and insist on making Muslim leaders of states they're majority. CAN plundered Nigeria into extreme religious division by asking GEJ to choose incompetent Namadi Sambo as his Deputy to pave way for Christian Governor in state for the first time, that decision made Muslims understood the bad omen the other faith have for them.
The fact that Muslims tolerated more Christian Governors in Muslims majority state doesn't mean a measure of strength as you always do in excessive fanaticism.
With all your noise and religious bias in intending coming up election, let see who becomes next President. Go and check the number of SIM subscribers and Voter registered across the Nation and assess the validity of religious population.
We don't need this attitude to grow but sense and maturity!

1 Like

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by yomi531(m): 9:07am On Jul 18, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Your attitudes will really deteriorate the little tolerance Nigeria has. I don't know your age, you may be a kid but after 2011 General Elections many fanatic Christians occupied social media boasting that GEJ's winning election indicated that Christians are majority in Nigeria. However, Northeners were discontent and furious about how GEJ handled Boko Haram insurgency and made alliance with SW and took the power in 2015 and occupied all arms of Govts positions and look helpless.. Many of you have been crying like babies aspersing all forms bigotic comment on the ruling party. These attitudes have clearly shown that the fanaticism among Christians is incredibly outrageous. Muslims are so tolerant and don't bother to go to Churches and insist on making Muslim leaders of states they're majority. CAN plundered Nigeria into extreme religious division by asking GEJ to choose incompetent Namadi Sambo as his Deputy to pave way for Christian Governor in state for the first time, that decision made Muslims understood the bad omen the other faith have for them.
The fact that Muslims tolerated more Christian Governors in Muslims majority state doesn't mean a measure of strength as you always do in excessive fanaticism.
With all your noise and religious bias in intending coming up election, let see who becomes next President. Go and check the number of SIM subscribers and Voter registered across the Nation and assess the validity of religious population.
We don't need this attitude to grow but sense and maturity!
If Muslims truly have the numbers like u said , why are u guys scared of the inclusion of religion in census? Secondly , who told u only Muslims voted for buhari in 2015. Benue , Ondo, Lagos, Oyo, Osun,Ogun are all majority Christian states. Check the voting pattern of 2015 again . The states I mentioned here were all won by buhari. Christians are majority in naija. Guys like us can't be fooled

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by sultry69(m): 9:11am On Jul 18, 2022
ednut1:
Lies. The Muslim population has reduced and they want to hide it lol
Are they not given birth again compare to others with different faith.

And if religion is included, and stat are reveals, you will be among of people say "it fake,doctored, false blabla"

You guy will just sit somewhere dishing out gibberish
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by sultry69(m): 9:20am On Jul 18, 2022
yomi531:
If Muslims truly have the numbers like u said , why are u guys scared of the inclusion of religion in census? Secondly , who told u only Muslims voted for buhari in 2015. Benue , Ondo, Lagos, Oyo, Osun,Ogun are all majority Christian states. Check the voting pattern of 2015 again . The states I mentioned here were all won by buhari. Christians are majority in naija. Guys like us can't be fooled
Hahaha.........,you guys will hide somewhere dishing out gibberish, Osun,majority Christian state,you are on sth,tell us how Adeleke quickly adopted Muslim name"Nurudeen"despite the fact that people know he was just pretender,but still voted him.

If we want to use religious card just as you used to in your region,Christian will never smell the governorship seat in Osun,thesame to Oyo,Ogun,even Lagos
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by manmade(m): 9:44am On Jul 18, 2022
ArewaNorth:
Very nice and sensitive decision. Those who wants to know the religious demographic of Nigerians should do their own census!
someone is afraid of something here but the truth can't be suppressed for long.
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by Validated: 9:49am On Jul 18, 2022
ArewaNorth:
Why is Islam afraid? Thought they are more than Christians. 2923 will be a referebdum, mark it.
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by Greenscientist: 9:50am On Jul 18, 2022
nerdjared:
Christians are very more than Muslims in this country! The only geopolitical zone with more Muslims is in North west, with a high Christian population in Kaduna. North East is split between Christian and Muslims. Gombe, Yobe and Borno Muslims majority, Taraba, Bauchi and adamawa has a large Christian population. North Central Christian majority with invading Muslims from the Sahel.
South west Christian majority, South south Christian majority with Muslim minority in Auchi, Edo state, South East you already know!

Don’t let head slammers deceive you with lies; if Muslims are majority in this country they will do the census happily!

1. Your Jesus is also an head slammer.
2. Having more Christian state is not tantamount to more Christian.
3. Only kano can swallow the whole of south east.
4. Except for ekiti and Ondo, there is no other state in south-west and North that the Christians can boast of huge difference between them and Muslims.
5. How can you even dream of Christian been more than Muslim? When only matawale and Atiku family will swallow 10 Good family in the Christian states?
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by Validated: 9:56am On Jul 18, 2022
sultry69:
Hahaha.........,you guys will hide somewhere dishing out gibberish, Osun,majority Christian state,you are on sth,tell us how Adeleke quickly adopted Muslim name"Nurudeen"despite the fact that people know he was just pretender,but still voted him.

If we want to use religious card just as you used to in your region,Christian will never smell the governorship seat in Osun,thesame to Oyo,Ogun,even Lagos
We are using it in 2023. Let us see how Lagos, Ogun and Oyo would fair. Lagos alone, muslims are minority. Go through all Lagos streets at 11.00 am on Sunday, everywhere is deserted. You only find few people in Mushin and Capitol area in Agege. Compare that for 2.00 pm on Fridays, noone cares as NOTHING appears to be happening. Again, move through Lagos on December 27-30, you would know that many Christians have left the state. Keep wallowing in self deceit for all we care.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by sultry69(m): 10:07am On Jul 18, 2022
Validated:

We are using it in 2023. Let us see how Lagos, Ogun and Oyo would fair. Lagos alone, muslims are minority. Go through all Lagos streets at 11.00 am on Sunday, everywhere is deserted. You only find few people in Mushin and Capitol area in Agege. Compare that for 2.00 pm on Fridays, noone cares as NOTHING appears to be happening. Again, move through Lagos on December 27-30, you would know that many Christians have left the state. Keep wallowing in self deceit for all we care.
Most Lagos indigens were Muslims,I could agreed with you on Lagos issues because majority were from other places,most esp.those who sees Lagos as their abroad and heaven.

But other States mentioned by me were majority Muslims.
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by Mohammed5525: 10:17am On Jul 18, 2022
Validated:

Why is Islam afraid? Thought they are more than Christians. 2923 will be a referebdum, mark it.
mumu
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by themanderon: 10:38am On Jul 18, 2022
Daddyyin:
Well, here in the SW, we don’t give a Bleep about the religion belief. We are cool as long as you’re a nice person. BTW, we should not affiliate everything to religion.

Better wake up. Who do you think that muric man is working for? The time for moderation is gone. They have entered into conquest mode and that prof ishaq and those like him will be used to subjugate the west for complete Islamic domination. Wake up once again and see how they are trying to radicalize Yoruba Muslims.
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by ArewaNorth: 10:41am On Jul 18, 2022
yomi531:
Lagos, Oyo, Osun, Ogun Christian majority states?
That is why we always see u the way u are today....
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by ArewaNorth: 10:45am On Jul 18, 2022
manmade:
someone is afraid of something here but the truth can't be suppressed for long.

Validated:

Save your comments and get back to me after 2023 General Elections. North may not vote e and won't encourage religious bias Election but with all the noise from evidently dispersed population index among the fanatics among you APC or PDP will win and nobody will give a Bleep abt the usual slogan of Islamization and marginalisation again.
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by Daddyyin: 11:09am On Jul 18, 2022
themanderon:

Better wake up. Who do you think that muric man is working for? The time for moderation is gone. They have entered into conquest mode and that prof ishaq and those like him will be used to subjugate the west for complete Islamic domination. Wake up once again and see his they are trying to radicalize Yoruba Muslims.

I am telling you about an average Yoruba man, we don’t care about your religion affiliation except you pose to be an extremist. We have them in both Christianity and Islam. It’s very rare to see a Yoruba man selecting friends base on religion affiliation. Ishaq case is different and uncommon.
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by yomi531(m): 11:20am On Jul 18, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Lagos, Oyo, Osun, Ogun Christian majority states?
That is why we always see u the way u are today....
No carry ur Taqqiya come here oo. Na Una been dey spread lies on social media say Osun state that happens to be my state of origin na Muslim state grin lie lie people. U wan claim Lagos and Ogun join grin
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by yomi531(m): 11:21am On Jul 18, 2022
Daddyyin:

I am telling you about an average Yoruba man, we don’t care about your religion affiliation except you pose to be an extremist. We have them in both Christianity and Islam. It’s very rare to see a Yoruba man selecting friends base on religion affiliation. Ishaq case is different and uncommon.
That was before. Muric has already divided us with his recent comments
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by Daddyyin: 11:28am On Jul 18, 2022
yomi531:
That was before. Muric has already divided us with his recent comments

I disagree with you bro. I don’t have any reason to hate anybody with different religion belief. Muric has no such power over my thinking.
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by manmade(m): 11:30am On Jul 18, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Save your comments and get back to me after 2023 General Elections. North may not vote e and won't encourage religious bias Election but with all the noise from evidently dispersed population index among the fanatics among you APC or PDP will win and nobody will give a Bleep abt the usual slogan of Islamization and marginalisation again.
continue your day dreaming I won't wake you up.
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by yomi531(m): 11:37am On Jul 18, 2022
Daddyyin:

I disagree with you bro. I don’t have any reason to hate anybody with different religion belief. Muric has no such power over my thinking.
That one na u. I see Yoruba Muslims differently now. Make everybody dey him lane
Re: 2023 Census Will Not Canvass Questions On Religion — NPC by Daddyyin: 11:45am On Jul 18, 2022
yomi531:
That one na u. I see Yoruba Muslims differently now. Make everybody dey him lane

Na you sabi. All I know is we don’t have religion problem here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria 2011 - Election - All results In 1 Place - / 7 Killed As Building Collapses In Umuahia / Further Break Down List Of Sacked Army Officers Showing Regions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.