Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,222 members, 7,849,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:51 AM

British Man John Harding Ask UK PM 4 Help After Being Captured By Russian Forces - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / British Man John Harding Ask UK PM 4 Help After Being Captured By Russian Forces (400 Views)

Miles Routledge 'Lord Miles' Captured By Taliban / Aiden Aslin Captured By Russians In Mariupol Paraded In Handcuffs / Rasmiya Awad: Sister Of Abu Bakr Al-baghdadi Captured By Turkish Forces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Man John Harding Ask UK PM 4 Help After Being Captured By Russian Forces by Teaser4(m): 5:50pm On Jul 17, 2022
In a video shared by a Russian journalist, Mr Harding also says he would tell his daughter he wishes he had "spent more time with her" if he could speak to her one more time.

A British man who was captured by Russian forces in Ukraine appealed for help from Boris Johnson after being told he could be handed a death sentence.

John Harding, who is in his 50s and originally from Sunderland, is believed to have been captured while fighting with the Azov Regiment, part of the Ukrainian National Guard, while helping to defend the city of Mariupol in May.

In a video shared on the Telegram messaging app by Russian journalist Kim Marina on Friday, Mr Harding says: "I would say to Boris Johnson, if you can help, if you can influence President Zelenskyy, if you can influence the president of the Donetsk People's Republic (DPR), or if you can influence President Putin, then please do

People's lives are depending on this. So if you can, please help.

"Because otherwise I face the death penalty, my friends face the death penalty

Mr Harding's friends and family have confirmed to the BBC it is him in the video, and his relatives are being supported by the Foreign Office.

He had been fighting in eastern Ukraine's Donbas region since 2018 before he was captured

Later in the video, Ms Marina asks Mr Harding what his last words would be to his daughter Katherine if he was handed a death sentence.

Mr Harding replies: "Obviously, I would tell her that I wish I'd spent more time with her, but I didn't. I don't really know."

When he asked if he would tell her if her loves her, Mr Harding takes a puff on a cigarette before saying: "Of course. All fathers love their daughters."

The age of Mr Harding's daughter has not been reported.

Ms Marina writes in a post accompanying the video that the clip will be featured in a documentary she has made called "Nazi Punishers", and adds that "two Britons have already been sentenced to death" in the same cell.

She doesn't name the men, but British fighters Aiden Aslin, 28, and Shaun Pinner, 48, who were both captured in Mariupol, were sentenced to death by a Russian proxy court in the DPR last month.

Mr Harding would therefore also be being held in the DPR if he has been sharing a cell with the two men.

Source: https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-war-british-man-john-harding-asks-boris-johnson-for-help-after-being-captured-by-russian-forces-12653796

Lalasticalala Seun Mynd44
Re: British Man John Harding Ask UK PM 4 Help After Being Captured By Russian Forces by Tonypen247(m): 5:52pm On Jul 17, 2022
Hmmn...interesting
Re: British Man John Harding Ask UK PM 4 Help After Being Captured By Russian Forces by Teaser4(m): 6:04pm On Jul 17, 2022
I wonder why e Dey beg sef, e no remember say e get daughter before e shock hand in matter wey no concern him, the last time I checked Russian forces no invade UK. Nah mumu death be that, make dem shoot his sorry assssssss

2 Likes

Re: British Man John Harding Ask UK PM 4 Help After Being Captured By Russian Forces by DerrickzB: 9:55pm On Jul 17, 2022
You go turn almajiri and yet no mercy!!! That thing that took you don west to the east, will surely take you from earth to beneath!! Ewuuu

2 Likes

Re: British Man John Harding Ask UK PM 4 Help After Being Captured By Russian Forces by Onigawara(m): 10:05pm On Jul 17, 2022
He has been in donbas region since 2018, killing innocent Russians for the Ukrainian nazi regime and yet wants to be saved because there's a possibility of him being killed?
Moronic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Man John Harding Ask UK PM 4 Help After Being Captured By Russian Forces by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 18, 2022
What are the Russians still waiting for?

Inject the bastard with Novichok and send him to the Amerikan or British Embassy in Ukraine to infect the other bastards that will welcome him.

I thank Sango because Novichok is highly contagious. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Man John Harding Ask UK PM 4 Help After Being Captured By Russian Forces by meobizy(f): 11:04am On Jul 18, 2022
The UK government no send terrorist. Let him face what he signed up for. The Prime Minister is busy thinking up lies to sustain his administration until October. He’ll move back to his lucrative job as a reporter in coming months.

Oga, you’re on your own.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking - U.S. Carries Out Nuclear Missile Test Delayed Over Chinese Drills / Russia-ukraine War: How The West Got It Wrong / Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin (VVP) Turns A Year Older Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.