Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

How Access Bank Stole From My Account - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Access Bank Stole From My Account (1442 Views)

Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) / Lady Caught Stealing At A Shop In Warri Where She Previously Stole From / Police Recover N1.3M From 19-Year-Old Boy In Gombe, He Stole From Lebanese Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Access Bank Stole From My Account by lordjay: 7:14pm On Jul 17, 2022
I've been running a business account with Access Bank (formerly Diamond) for over six years now and never for once have that bank approved any financial assistance for my business despite my huge turnover with them, but that is not even my problem.

This guys had the guts to unilaterally charge my account Friday afternoon with N5,000 for some 'fire and burglary insurance' courtesy of Coronation Insurance, without my consent or prior knowledge. I mean how?

I didn't even know this transaction had taken place if not that I logged into my Access More app to do a quick transfer to someone then I noticed that my balance wasn't how I left it. At that point I scrolled to my transaction history to find that I was debited for something I don't even know about. No sms or email notification unlike them, even till date, two days later, meaning I wasn't supposed to know. Imagine if I'm the type that's careless about activities in my account.

I immediately put a call through to their customer care and the lady that attended to me admitted that I was charged for office insurance cover and she apologized with the promise that she has cancelled the subscription and a refund will be made in 24hrs.

48hrs later still no show, I chatted them up on the app and all the agent attending to me could say was we apologize for the inconvenience, it'll be rectified. What do these guys take us for? Imagine if that was my last card and I needed it to sort out an emergency this weekend.

Please who else has similar experience or could this be just me?

Admin please push this to front page for more visibility.

Re: How Access Bank Stole From My Account by Enskynelson(m): 7:21pm On Jul 17, 2022
Our laws does not punish them hard for any of these hence they keep doing this again and again.

2 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Stole From My Account by Hezzyluv: 7:21pm On Jul 17, 2022
Nigeria commercial banks are gradually turning to something else these days. with their random charges on customers. well, me no blame them. All thanks to Buhari's corruption free administration.

Who ealse noticed zenith bank is bcomming more useless day by day.

2 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Stole From My Account by lordjay: 7:34pm On Jul 17, 2022
Enskynelson:
Our laws does not punish them hard for any of these hence they keep doing this again and again.

It's the audacity for me... like how do you just go into someone's account and remove a whooping N5000 in this hard times for something he never solicited?

2 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Stole From My Account by lordjay: 7:38pm On Jul 17, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Nigeria commercial banks are gradually turning to something else these days. with their random charges on customers. well, me no blame them. All thanks to Buhari's corruption free administration.

Who ealse noticed zenith bank is bcomming more useless day by day.

I could literally smell the nonchalance in their communication and response to my query, meaning this was deliberate and they're probably not happy that I found out and asked for reversal. For Zenith bank their own matter don tire me, their network is increasingly terrible.

2 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Stole From My Account by Prinzton(m): 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2022
lordjay:

It's the audacity for me... like how do you just go into someone's account and remove a whooping N5000 in this hard times for something he never solicited?
In my case, they opened a fraudulent credit account which has just been accruing charges and I clear them up in order to process account closure but they will never finish the process just pausing half way to continue the cycle.
Re: How Access Bank Stole From My Account by VeryWickedMan: 7:46pm On Jul 17, 2022
Be grateful that your bank wants to protect you from thieves and arsonists
Re: How Access Bank Stole From My Account by lordjay: 7:49pm On Jul 17, 2022
Prinzton:

In my case, they opened a fraudulent credit account which has just been accruing charges and I clear them up in order to process account closure but they will never finish the process just pausing half way to continue the cycle.

If it has lingered beyond two weeks you should consider filing a petition with the public complaints office of CBN, check their website for the email address to report to. I can't do mine yet because it's not up to the mandatory two weeks. This people have to be stopped.

1 Like

Re: How Access Bank Stole From My Account by lordjay: 7:55pm On Jul 17, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

Are you for real? Is that how you sell to your customers? By forcefully taking money from their purse in the name of doing them a favor?

I wasn't given any policy documents, I didn't sign to any agreement, how would I make demands for compensation if I eventually need it?

Imagine that I didn't even find out I was charged, will they still offer any service to me or reach out at least?

What if I already had an insurance cover, why must they force me to buy their insurance service?

I do not think this excuse is tenable please, this is fraud let's call it what it is.

2 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Stole From My Account by Framel: 7:56pm On Jul 17, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

When is your next HIV test appointment?

It's mid July already.

Have you considered North Korea as an alternative option, since you hate us that much but still foolish enough to keep applying for visa to a country you detest.

Isn't that MADNESS?

grin grin grin

Re: How Access Bank Stole From My Account by Prinzton(m): 8:00pm On Jul 17, 2022
lordjay:

If it has lingered beyond two weeks you should consider filing a petition with the public complaints office of CBN, check their website for the email address to report to. I can't do mine yet because it's not up to the mandatory two weeks. This people have to be stopped.

I recently initiated the process some days ago before coming across the full information as regard this.
I'm gonna wait for the time elapse, then follow up.

Thanks for this, I'm grateful.

2 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Stole From My Account by Nathp9(m): 10:35pm On Jul 17, 2022
Same access bank that 22,000 sent was refunded back to my acct since Thursday ,,till now it hasn't reflected

2 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Stole From My Account by hiteelong(f): 7:39am On Jul 18, 2022
So sorry about that, Visit the branch they will initiate a reversal for you.....

Would have asked for your account number and do it for you sef

3 Likes

Re: How Access Bank Stole From My Account by TeeGentle(m): 7:43am On Jul 18, 2022
Access bank, there will just have access to someone's life anyhow
Re: How Access Bank Stole From My Account by freemi(m): 2:26am On Mar 04, 2023
lordjay:
I've been running a business account with Access Bank (formerly Diamond) for over six years now and never for once have that bank approved any financial assistance for my business despite my huge turnover with them, but that is not even my problem.

This guys had the guts to unilaterally charge my account Friday afternoon with N5,000 for some 'fire and burglary insurance' courtesy of Coronation Insurance, without my consent or prior knowledge. I mean how?

I didn't even know this transaction had taken place if not that I logged into my Access More app to do a quick transfer to someone then I noticed that my balance wasn't how I left it. At that point I scrolled to my transaction history to find that I was debited for something I don't even know about. No sms or email notification unlike them, even till date, two days later, meaning I wasn't supposed to know. Imagine if I'm the type that's careless about activities in my account.

I immediately put a call through to their customer care and the lady that attended to me admitted that I was charged for office insurance cover and she apologized with the promise that she has cancelled the subscription and a refund will be made in 24hrs.

48hrs later still no show, I chatted them up on the app and all the agent attending to me could say was we apologize for the inconvenience, it'll be rectified. What do these guys take us for? Imagine if that was my last card and I needed it to sort out an emergency this weekend.

Please who else has similar experience or could this be just me?

Admin please push this to front page for more visibility.
hm. Was this money refunded?
Re: How Access Bank Stole From My Account by Jakumo(m): 11:22am On Mar 04, 2023
This is a partial listing of the new bank charges that are on the horizon for Nigerian banking customers.

1. Monthly Prayers for Prosperity Levy - 200 naira per month recurrent automatically. We go pray for you by force.

2. Bank Robbery Insurance Contribution - N 700 naira per month recurrent. One day-one day, dem go land because na dem be landlord

3. Mob Burning of Banks Insurance Surcharge -N2K naira per month. ( Next time no follow dem go begin dey burn bank when dey ya village)

4. Banking Staff Endowment Fund Deduction. Affordable at just N5K naira per month. If you no pay am, make you no cry when ya money loss.

Sank you. Kot breast Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gunmen Assassinate Anambra Community Leader (Graphic Photo) / VIDEO: Two Ladies Fight Dirty With Their Rival On The Streets / How Chief 70, Rapped Girl 13 At Otor-owhe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.