Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,107 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

My Takeaways From Osun 2022 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Takeaways From Osun 2022 (221 Views)

10 Takeaways From Oshiomhole’s Victory / Abba Kyari Overrides Buhari’s Decisions, 5 Other Takeaways From Monguno’s Memo / 5 Takeaways From Saraki’s Response To Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Takeaways From Osun 2022 by BestGovernance(f): 9:27pm On Jul 17, 2022
My takeaways from Osun 2022
On July 16, 2022 history was made in our political space in Osun State. The incumbent lost his reelection bid to his arch rival in a keenly contested poll. It was sigh of relief to some and vice versa to others. But we have demonstrated a path to improve on as a nation.
Here are my observations;

-The new technology adopted has improved credibility of voting and result collation. However, INEC need to deploy more devices for subsequent polls, at least 3 per polling unit so as to reduce turnaround time.

-Votes buying and selling reduced voters apathy as many people turned up for solely trading. So the next hurdle for INEC is how to make voting more secret so as to cancel buying and selling of votes.

-The two major parties bought votes but the higher bidder failed to win due to rejection of the bidder by civil servants, intra party fight and other underlying factors. Imagine people leaving N10k for N3k.

-The election was peaceful to a large extent, thanks to our security operatives.

My congratulations to the winner and let me tell him the bitter truth. There is nothing special about being Governor of Osun State than the title. The State is wallowing in murky ocean of debt, so he should stop the party, throw away his dancing shoes and put on his thinking cap.

Governing Osun is not a tea party.

(1) (Reply)

New NNPC Will Guarantee National Energy Security, - President Buhari / Terrorists Kill Six In Katsina Community / Omoyele Sowore Declares Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.