Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta (43800 Views)

Peter Obi & Datti Baba-Ahmed Meet With Abdulsalami Abubakar And Babangida / Presidency: Obasanjo Woos North For Obi/Baba-Ahmed - Newtelegraphng / Wike, Makinde, Ortom Meet Obasanjo Behind Closed-Doors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by livinbygrace: 9:33am On Jul 18, 2022
Someone that told his people not to vote Ngige, because AC was a Yoruba party.
After election,70% of Obi”s cabinet members would be from the east.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by hayzed1090: 9:34am On Jul 18, 2022
omodesmond7744:
because you are a daft that's why you can't go and verify yourself because you always want to believe propaganda oga education is the key to every developed country Anambra state university is not currently on ASUU strike because of what obi did but ur lasu that ur agbado master came from is on ASUU strike

Lasu is not on strike...

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by gbagyiza: 9:34am On Jul 18, 2022
Honestly speaking, we all know what to do to change the fortune of this country but lies, religion n ethnicity will not allow us take the right decisions. Anytime I see these competent gentlemen (Obi & Baba-ahmed) I just feel happy n believe that there is hope for Nigerians.
Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by livinbygrace: 9:38am On Jul 18, 2022
gbagyiza:
Honestly speaking, we all know what to do to change the fortune of this country but lies, religion n ethnicity will not allow us take the right decisions. Anytime I see these competent gentlemen (Obi & Baba-ahmed) I just feel happy n believe that there is hope for Nigerians.

Stop giving yourself false hope,Your almighty Obi no go see draw.Tell him to wait till 2039

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by greatfucker: 9:43am On Jul 18, 2022
baretalk:

The system is deeper than them, I know he won't win, but he does not have a magic stick, what have they done before that gives you so much confidence in them...what have they both achieved for their state or for their tribes men, to make you think they can change much in Nigeria. You forget it's the same system, people and structure they will work with.

God bless u sir ooo I don't know wat Nigerian see in this man that they think he is gonna change Nigeria.
after all I know Igbo are only fighting for there selfish interest any Yoruba man that choose a Igbo man over his own man need to go and do some check up
I can't even picture my sef voting for this stingy, selfish and cunning man called obituary

Igbos only want there own man to reach there that all

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by greatfucker: 9:43am On Jul 18, 2022
baretalk:

The system is deeper than them, I know he won't win, but he does not have a magic stick, what have they done before that gives you so much confidence in them...what have they both achieved for their state or for their tribes men, to make you think they can change much in Nigeria. You forget it's the same system, people and structure they will work with.

God bless u sir ooo I don't know wat Nigerian see in this man that they think he is gonna change Nigeria.
after all I know Igbo are only fighting for there selfish interest any Yoruba man that choose a Igbo man over his own man need to go and do some check up
I can't even picture my sef voting for this stingy, selfish and cunning man called obituary

Igbos only want there own man to reach there that all,they are not fighting for any betterment of Nigeria very selfish culture

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by MedicH: 9:48am On Jul 18, 2022
sleek214:
The meeting didn't go well, that's why baba didn't or hasn't said anything. Maybe baba bluntly told them that they can't win any state

Agbado and cassava cannot triumph over the collective goodwill of the nigerian citizens.
Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by SmartPolician: 9:48am On Jul 18, 2022
sleek214:
The meeting didn't go well, that's why baba didn't or hasn't said anything. Maybe baba bluntly told them that they can't win any state

You are probably the only person who doesn't know that Obasanjo is personally campaigning for Peter Obi in the north.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMxlFO-Rnsw
Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by baretalk: 9:49am On Jul 18, 2022
greatfucker:

Igbos only want there own man to reach there that all,they are not fighting for any betterment of Nigeria very selfish culture
They are just hyping him because it's their tribe man, I pity non igbos supporting Obi blindly, what is his precedence that makes them clamour for him?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by MedicH: 9:50am On Jul 18, 2022
baretalk:

The system is man made. Designed to only impoverish you and your entire generation.

Peter obi is about to put an end to it. He has the vote of every right thinking Nigerian. I don't know about the stupid ones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by MedicH: 9:54am On Jul 18, 2022
baretalk:

Dumb Obi idiots talking again, my generation is sustaining your generation by allowing you foolish ingrates make a living here. Slaves.

Hehe a stupid noisemakers that cannot make sensible contributions to an argument is ranting. Ur stupid generation sold lands for chicken change to international hustlers to expand their frontiers then use the money to party and afterwards bcom broke, only to queue up in the house of a drug baron to beg for money.

Only a matter of time and Lagos bcoms an igbo land. Mother fucker.

1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 18, 2022
helinues:

If you can't wipe out my comments on this forum, then stop wasting your precious time trolling me and others.

Intolerant fellow

Grow up sir fast alot is changing and ur still lacking behind for you too support Bat or atiku
Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by westside365: 9:56am On Jul 18, 2022
Kagd10:
cheesy

Same Peter Obi who was lambasting Yoruba when Ngige contested under AC Party. He was calling it a Yoruba party bla bla. The tribalist. Heck, he sacked non Anambran workers from work.

The best way to keep Peter Obi's supporters mute is to ask them to list Peter Obi's achievement cheesy

They will either insult you or keep mute cheesy
Then you wey be Tinubu pikin list what Tinubu has done if not stealing? The so called Lagos is the world worst second city. Don't worry e go give una Agbado, Cassava chop later una go shout E choke. Mumu people
Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Kagd10: 9:58am On Jul 18, 2022
westside365:

Then you wey be Tinubu pikin list what Tinubu has done if not stealing? The so called Lagos is the world worst second city. Don't worry e go give una Agbado, Cassava chop later una go shout E choke. Mumu people

Can everyone see? cheesy

Peter Obi's miscreants has got nothing tangible to say about Peter Obi apart from insult and noisemaking cheesy

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 18, 2022
INTEGRITYA1:
Obasanjo is a father of all.

Why haven't ur atiku go and meet with him na cheesy dey disguise there cheesy

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by anonimi: 9:58am On Jul 18, 2022
Toosure70:
God , please give us good leaders this time o.

princeade86:
DATOBI is movement.

lloydtruth:
The incoming President, a Pastor, Ex-President, and the incoming Vice President.

Birds of a feather flocking together?
Is Obasanjo no longer responsible for the greatest part of the rot pretentious Obi says he wants to clean up with his Anambra failure of eight years looting
Obasanjo being the longest ruler of this country with a hand in his successors of 1979, 2007 etc?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by MUAnaZephyr: 9:58am On Jul 18, 2022
Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by anonimi: 10:00am On Jul 18, 2022
livinbygrace:
Someone that told his people not to vote Ngige, because AC was a Yoruba party.
After election,70% of Obi”s cabinet members would be from the east.

Do you have a link to that or you are just spreading rumours and malicious propaganda

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by emmyluizzz: 10:03am On Jul 18, 2022
Kagd10:
cheesy

Same Peter Obi who was lambasting Yoruba when Ngige contested under AC Party. He was calling it a Yoruba party bla bla. The tribalist. Heck, he sacked non Anambran workers from work.

The best way to keep Peter Obi's supporters mute is to ask them to list Peter Obi's achievement cheesy

They will either insult you or keep mute cheesy

Peter Obi’s achievements in Anambra
State as governor
Below is a compilation of Peter Obi’s projects and undertakings
during his time as Anambra State governor. Only projects with
enough sources for verification are included.
A. Management of Funds
i. Under Obi, Anambra State became the first state in Nigeria to start
Sub-Sovereign Wealth savings, the first of its kind in Sub-Saharan
Africa. At a time many other Governors were leaving huge debts,
Peter Obi stated that he left the equivalent of $500 million dollars in
investment in Anambra State in both local and foreign currency,
including some $156 million in dollar-denominated bonds.
ii. The Nigerian Debt Management Office (DMO) rated Anambra as
the least indebted state in Nigeria. Peter Obi received praise for not
borrowing to fund his projects.
iii. The Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria rated Anambra
State as the most financially stable state in the country during his
tenure.
B. Foreign Investments
i. Many Ambassadors and High Commissioners of notable countries
such as the United States, Britain, Russia, the European Union, South
Africa, Belgium, Israel, the Netherlands, Canada, among others,
visited Anambra State for the first time when Obi was governor.
ii. Obi personally remarked that before his tenure, Anambra was like
a pariah state blacklisted by the Diplomatic Corps and international
development partners.
iii. Development partners such as UNDP, UNICEF, the World Bank,
DFID, the European Union etc., which were not originally present in
Anambra State started working with the State. Anambra was
consistently adjudged one of the best states in development
partnership and commitment to reforms for good governance.
C. Education
i. Obi oversaw the return of schools to their original missionary
owners with the government continuing to cater to the schools’ staff
salaries, while the Missions were in charge of general
administration. This proved to be a super-efficient strategy as
Anambra State rose from the 24th position out of 36 States to
become Number One in National Examination Council (NECO) and
West African Examination Council (WAEC) examinations for three
consecutive years. This move made the World Bank commission a
study, led by the renowned Prof. Paul Collier of Oxford University, in
the state.
ii. Obi’s government procured and distributed over 30,000 computers
to secondary schools in the state, including 22,500 units from HP.
The Managing Director for Personal Systems Group HP Inc, Mr
Fabrice Campoy described the deployment as the biggest of such
projects in the Middle East and Africa.
iii. Peter Obi’s administration provided Microsoft Academies to over
500 secondary schools, which the Head of Microsoft in Nigeria (Mr
Ken Span) described as the most extensive of such deployment in
Africa so far.
iv. His government provided Internet access to over 500 secondary
schools. The CEO of Galaxy Backbone, Mr Gerald Ilukwe described
this as incomparable to any state in the country.
v. More than 700 buses were provided to secondary schools in the
state by Obi’s government. Boreholes were provided in schools all
across the state. New classrooms were built in all the 177
communities of the State.
D. Health
i. Similar to what he did with the schools, Peter Obi’s government
entered into strategic partnerships with the Churches in the Health
sector. The somehow symbiotic relationship resulted in a tremendous
boost to health care in Anambra State. Health institutions owned by
voluntary agencies and missionaries continued offering their services,
while the state funded the agencies and made available to them over
50 Million Dollars in various types of support.
ii. Through partnership with the Church in the health sector, Obi’s
government funded the transformation of the following hospitals and
health centres:
a: Iyienu Hospital, Ogidi
b: Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Ihiala
c: St Charles Borromeo Hospital, Onitsha
d: Holy Rosary Hospital, Waterside, Onitsha
e: St. Joseph Hospital, Adazi-Nnukwu.
iii. Obi’s government also built the Joseph Nwilo Heart Centre in St.
Joseph, Adazi-Nnukwu, where heart operations are now being
performed.
iv. Obi’s government won the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s $1
million grant as the best-performing state in immunisation in the
South-East.
v. Obi’s administration conceived and built, from the scratch, the
first state-owned Teaching Hospital, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-
Ojukwu Teaching Hospital, Awka.
vi. By the end of his tenure in 2014, more than twelve (12) health
institutions, including two hospitals, had secured accreditation. Before
Obi’s takeoff in 2006, no health institution in Anambra State was duly
accredited.
E. Economy
i. Obi’s government invited some companies to build their facilities in
Anambra State. A case in point is SABMiller, the second-largest
brewery in the world, which built its first Green Field facility in the
State.
ii. A number of other companies followed the SABMiller initiative and
were all supported and encouraged by Obi’s government; an example
is INNOSON Motor Manufacturing Company, from which Obi’s
government purchased over 1,000 vehicles for government use.
iii. During Obi’s tenure, Anambra State became an oil-producing
State.
E. Security
i. Under Obi, Anambra State for the first time started close
collaboration with all government security agencies (the Police, Army,
Navy, Department of State Security, and Civil Defence, among
others), offering them various types of support including the supply
of more than 500 security vehicles. The improvement in security was
phenomenal, such that the former IG of Police, Abubakar
Mohammed, lauded Anambra State for not witnessing any bank
robbery in the last three years of Obi’s administration.
ii. During his tenure, Anambra State provided at least one security
vehicle to each of all the 177 communities in the State as well as
various organizations such as markets and churches.
iii. Obi revamped the local vigilante system so community vigilante
groups were working directly with the police and were closely
monitored.
F. Youth and Employment
i. Obi revitalized the Anambra State Youth Re-Orientation &
Empowerment Programme (ANSYREP) which provided training and
grants to young and aspiring entrepreneurs.
ii. His Youth Employment Fund initiative boosted job creation and
also helped many young businesses thrive.
G. Infrastructure
i. Obi’s government undertook a massive construction of internal
roads and oversaw large-scale electrification projects all over the
state.
ii. Obi built the first Secretariat Complex to house State Government
Ministries that were hitherto scattered around the State.
iii. Obi’s administration started the planned development of the
Igbariam Campus of the Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu
University, including the construction of other facilities such as the
school’s Faculty of Law, Auditorium, Administrative Block, Faculty of
Agriculture, Management Building, etc.
Others
a. Obi’s government attracted the World Bank support on erosion –
National Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP) –
to Anambra State.
b. Obi’s government was the first to do Poverty Mapping in Nigeria,
as a guide for the effective implementation of the state’s poverty-
alleviation strategies.
c. Obi was the first governor to undergo national peer review which
scrutinised state government for good governance through the State
Peer Review Mechanism (SPRM), an initiative of the Nigerian
Governors’ Forum in collaboration with the DFID.
ANIDS
Peter Obi introduced the first-of-its-kind multi-sector development
model called Anambra Integrated Development Strategy (ANIDS)
which had a tremendous impact on virtually all sectors of the state,
from education and industry to infrastructure and health.
References
Vanguard
Punch
Channels TV
Labour Party
Premium Times

you are a very big f**l I must tell you
Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by omodesmond7744: 10:03am On Jul 18, 2022
greatfucker:

people like you can never and will never have common sense because you refuse to tell urself the truth oga is like the shooting that happened in owo has not reached ur village that's why still want to vote for APC or PDP continue, imagine APC won there's every chances that you and ur family will be recruited into the army and you will be eating cassava and agbado continue you haven't seen anything yet,if not for my education ehh i would have preferred buhari to continue for another 8yrs because there's no difference among buhari, Atiku and Tinubu oga you better rethink if you have brain
Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by malkomchris: 10:07am On Jul 18, 2022
Incoming President and Ex-President
Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:12am On Jul 18, 2022
Jesse25:

Why haven't ur atiku go and meet with him na cheesy dey disguise there cheesy

Are you saying you never knew Akitu have met with him before to seek his blessing?

Na you dey disguise naw.
Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Topnotch95(m): 10:16am On Jul 18, 2022
KO
Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Iretii0511(m): 10:16am On Jul 18, 2022
helinues:
Those who never cared to visit other part of the country would do so now just because they are looking for votes

What’s up my friend? Hope ya good? Now, unto politics, don’t you think since we did not have Osibanjo, Peter Obi should be our rallying point? I mean, if not for anything, it will send a message to the political class that if they did not perform, the power is now clearly with the people. For me, Tinubu antecedent already shows he won’t listen to our plea of better Nigeria when elected. And listening to baba, you will agree with me that indeed, baba has lost touch with the current realities of how the world works now.

If all of us youths, especially of southern origin can unite and bring an unknown party to power, I think it will benefit us greatly. We want a country we don’t have to start running away from. The most popular black nation in the world with youth full of energy, gusto and intellectual capacity to make the country a bride of other nation and the way to do it is to make the ruling class know they are dispensable if they mess up.
Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by omodesmond7744: 10:24am On Jul 18, 2022
baretalk:

They are just hyping him because it's their tribe man, I pity non igbos supporting Obi blindly, what is his precedence that makes them clamour for him?
oga if supporting Peter obi is blindness then i don't want to see but i can sell my vote to APC or PDP if only they will consult me with a consultation fee of 700million naira and for me to vote for them with the sum of 1billion naira and my demand are non-negotiable if they can't they should leave me to vote Peter obi in peace without a dine
Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by yusluvad(m): 10:30am On Jul 18, 2022
Iretii0511:

What’s up my friend? Hope ya good? Now, unto politics, don’t you think since we did not have Osibanjo, Peter Obi should be our rallying point? I mean, if not for anything, it will send a message to the political class that if they did not perform, the power is now clearly with the people. For me, Tinubu antecedent already shows he won’t listen to our plea of better Nigeria when elected. And listening to baba, you will agree with me that indeed, baba has lost touch with the current realities of how the world works now.

If all of us youths, especially of southern origin can unite and bring an unknown party to power, I think it will benefit us greatly. We want a country we don’t have to start running away from. The most popular black nation in the world with youth full of energy, gusto and intellectual capacity to make the country a bride of other nation and the way to do it is to make the ruling class know they are dispensable if they mess up.
Nice input.
Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by PeterObi4LP: 10:43am On Jul 18, 2022
helinues:
Those who never cared to visit other part of the country would do so now just because they are looking for votes

Keep crying. Osun state is gone
Our focus is Presidential Election 2023. We don't care which party win any other position. We are only interested in the Presidential Election
Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Iamstickzbaba(m): 10:53am On Jul 18, 2022
Another full big Ghana must go don land for baba, baba just dey dare dey collect pension jeje
Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by sukar886: 10:54am On Jul 18, 2022
Omo just check out our president and his VP so cute and intelligent ... Imagine this two persons to represent naija in any party of the world ... Na superb... LP party all the way
Re: Peter Obi, Baba-ahmed Meet Obasanjo In Abeokuta by jamace(m): 11:01am On Jul 18, 2022
Great. The winning team on the move... cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Original Copy Of Photo Of Milk Maids At The Back Of The N10 Note / Goodluck Jonathan Observing Tanzanian Election (Photos) / #NorthIsBleeding Protest Erupts In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.