Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,980 members, 7,956,664 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:35 PM

So Much Work Needs To Be Done, Peter Obi Admits. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So Much Work Needs To Be Done, Peter Obi Admits. (338 Views)

Yes Daddy: Obi Admits Phoning Oyedepo, Denies ‘religious War’ Allegation - Punch / Re-valuation: Why More Work Needs To Be Done On Nigeria's Naira / Let's Be Calm And Persistent In Demanding That The Right Thing Be Done-peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Much Work Needs To Be Done, Peter Obi Admits. by famology(m): 4:29pm On Jul 18, 2022
Peter Obi admits much work needs to be done after Labor Party’s poor showing in Osun state

The presidential candidate of the Labor Party, Peter Obi has admitted that there is still much work to be done as it prepares for the 2023 Presidential Elections

Obi was reacting to the performance of his party at the just concluded Osun state governorship election where the Labor Party came a distant fifth position with just 2, 729 votes

The Peoples Democratic Party which won the election polled 403, 361 votes, which is 400,642 votes more than the Labor Party

The 1st runner up, that’s the All Progressives Congress polled 375, 027 votes, establishing a vote gap of 372, 298 votes ahead of the Labor Party

Other political parties which floored the Labor Party include the ADP which came third with 10, 104 votes and the Accord which polled 4, 515 votes

The unimpressive performance of the Labor Party in Osun state is coming at a time the party is gaining popularity since Peter Obi joined it and emerged as its Presidential standard bearer for 2023. Ahead of the Osun election, Obi had visited the state to mobilize supporters at a rally for its candidate, Yusuf Lasun

Reacting to the outcome of the election, Obi in a statement on Monday to his supporters known on social media as the ‘Obidients’ said the election result is not a verdict on the party’s growing popularity.

“To the Obidient Movement Family and our supporters nationwide, the outcome of this particular election is not a verdict on our exponentially growing strength nationwide, especially when viewed against the fact that we are barely one month old in the party and we had to contend with forces that have been entrenched in the state for the last two decades”. He added, “within this very short period of only a few weeks, the Labour Party has made its presence and political impact felt nationally”

Obi however congratulated the winner of the election and the candidate of his party, Lasun. “I extend my warmest personal congratulations to Sen. Ademola Adeleke on winning the Osun State Gubernatorial elections.

“I also congratulate the candidate of our Labor Party, Rt. Hon. Lasun Sulaimon Yusuff and his running mate, Adeola Adekunle Atanda, for a hard fought battle and their spirit of resolve and sportsmanship, despite the outcome”

With the 2023 presidential election barely 7 months away, Peter Obi remains defiant, calling on his supporters “not to relent in our noble march to take back our country”

Looking back at what happened at last Saturday’s election in Osun, the former Anambra Governor admitted his supporters and the Labor Party will have to work much harder.

The statement read, “Much work remains to be done, hence we must focus the totality of our efforts now on the forthcoming 2023 General elections.

“In the fullness of time, our message of rescue and recovery will resonate through out the length and breath of the Nation and most Nigerian electorate will buy in into our mission to take back Nigeria, for the purpose of rescuing it from continued decline, shift the National psyche from consumption to production and from sharing dwindling resources to creating wealth and frontally combating poverty”.

Source: AITNEWS

1 Like

Re: So Much Work Needs To Be Done, Peter Obi Admits. by famology(m): 4:30pm On Jul 18, 2022
Sooooooo muchhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: So Much Work Needs To Be Done, Peter Obi Admits. by IgOga(m): 4:35pm On Jul 18, 2022
It's a shame there is no election is SE until Feb 2023....It would have been a true test of LP's popularity....governorship election is local though Lasun, the LP candidate is a lightweight....even when he was in APC he couldn't convince his own neighbours to vote him in APC primaries.....The way I see it currently Obi will take many traditional PDP votes from Atiku in the South...Kwankwanso will equally take away many otherwise Fulani tribalist votes from Atiku in the NW...both scenarios only benefit APC in the presidential election....IF Obi/Kwankwanso was a thing the 2023 election will be anybody's guess

2 Likes

Re: So Much Work Needs To Be Done, Peter Obi Admits. by stabilizer: 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2022
If Obi win 6 states come 2023... I will kill my wife.

1 Like

Re: So Much Work Needs To Be Done, Peter Obi Admits. by Vulturereloaded: 4:55pm On Jul 18, 2022
stabilizer:

How much are u and your wife earning today in dollars compared to 2015? Dont worry, hunger will kill both of u.
Re: So Much Work Needs To Be Done, Peter Obi Admits. by famology(m): 4:57pm On Jul 18, 2022
stabilizer:

Jesuuuuuuuuuuuu...........
U be extremist?

1 Like

Re: So Much Work Needs To Be Done, Peter Obi Admits. by Vulturereloaded: 4:57pm On Jul 18, 2022
APC have done 50% of work by bad performance. Tinubu did 30% by muslim muslim ticket.

We obidients and productive Nigerians can do the 20%.

1 Share

Re: So Much Work Needs To Be Done, Peter Obi Admits. by stabilizer: 4:58pm On Jul 18, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

How much are u and your wife earning today in dollars compared to 2015? Dont worry, hunger will kill both of u.

You sound hungry already. Who no be thieves among the trio?

You need to upgrade your thinking, Obi can't save you bro!

Coup de tat can still do better

1 Like

Re: So Much Work Needs To Be Done, Peter Obi Admits. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2022
Some people don't know who angry Nigerians are. Imagine swearing to kill your wife. Walahi na curse he is giving himself now or later. Pls don't destroy your life with desperation because of one EscoBAT druggie who will use you for ritual if he catches you.
Re: So Much Work Needs To Be Done, Peter Obi Admits. by nazicartel(m): 5:45pm On Jul 18, 2022
IgOga:
It's a shame there is no election is SE until Feb 2023....It would have been a true test of LP's popularity....governorship election is local though Lasun, the LP candidate is a lightweight....even when he was in APC he couldn't convince his own neighbours to vote him in APC primaries.....The way I see it currently Obi will take many traditional PDP votes from Atiku in the South...Kwankwanso will equally take away many otherwise Fulani tribalist votes from Atiku in the NW...both scenarios only benefit APC in the presidential election....IF Obi/Kwankwanso was a thing the 2023 election will be anybody's guess
nothing will benefit APC. Both Obi and Kwankwaso are very big spoilers. Obi will frustrate Tinubu in the south and Kwankwaso will do magic in the North. Both APC and PDP needs to seriously work and put their machineries in order. If not. Surprises will boom

(1) (Reply)

Osun 2022: Ooni Congratulates Adeleke, Commends Oyetola, INEC / Tinubu: House To House Campaign In The North / Cross River State Ban Selling Of Corns/Hawking Along Major Streets In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.