Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs (50760 Views)

Davido: We Will Lawfully Resist Vote Buying, Osun Is Not Ekiti / Court Disqualifies Ubah, Orders INEC To Issue Certificate Of Return To Uzoh / We Won't Issue Certificate Of Return To Rochas Okorocha - INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by fergie001: 8:08pm On Jul 19, 2022
Earlier this morning, David "Davido" Adeleke faulted the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for having not issued the Certificate of Return to his Uncle and winner of the July 16 Guber election, Ademola Adeleke.

48hrs after our @AAdeleke_01 victory at the Osun Gubernatorial elections, we are yet to receive our certificate.
@inecnigeria should we send you fuel money? LOL

Please no one should tamper with the will of the Osun People!

Issue the certificate as required by Law!

INEC's reacts:

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has faulted the nephew to Osun Governor-elect Davido, over the time frame for the issuance of a Certificate of Return.

The musician had queried why the Commission has not presented the winner of the election with a Certificate of Return after 48 hours as provided by the law on his verified Twitter handle.

Replying Davido, the Commission in a statement by National Commissioner and Chairman Information and Voter Education Committee Festus Okoye, said the Commission has up to 14 days to issue the winner with the Certificate of Return.

He said: “Those that intervene and play roles in the electoral process should try to have basic knowledge of the constitutive legal instruments that guide and regulate the conduct of elections.

“The Commission is a public trust and a creation of the Constitution and the law and must be seen to respond to public demands for transparency and openness.

“The Commission will continue to uphold the basic tenets of transparency, openness and inclusivity in the conduct of elections and the delivery of electoral services.

“The Commission is not a political party and will not be swayed by partisan political interests. Section 72 of the Electoral Act 2022 provides that a sealed certificate of return at an election in the prescribed form shall be issued within 14 days to every candidate who has been returned by the Returning Officer in an election under the Act.

“The Commission conducted the Osun Governorship election on the 18th day of July 2022 and the Returning Officer made a declaration and a return on Sunday the 19th day of July 2022. Majority of the staff of the Commission that superintended the election are just returning to Abuja.

“The Supervising National Commissioner whose responsibility it is to present the certificate of Return is still in Osun waiting for the arrival of the certificate.

“The Commission made the Declaration and the Return and it is uncharitable to insinuate that the Commission does not want to issue the winner of the election with a Certificate of Return.

“There is no law in place that mandates the Commission to issue a certificate to any candidate within 48 hours. Those that influence public opinion, especially in the electoral process should try to arm themselves with basic knowledge of the law and the processes and procedures of the Commission”.

SOURCE

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by Kingstel(m): 8:08pm On Jul 19, 2022
He will be given tomorrow. INEC can't stop Adeleke's mandate like it did 4 years ago.

Buy Original Yam Pounder & Commercial Blenders with Warranty. Pay upon delivery nationwide. 0803 9two5 177two call or WhatsApp for details

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by Fahdiga(m): 8:08pm On Jul 19, 2022
But the Ekiti governor elect collected his own within 48 hours.

569 Likes 33 Shares

Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by lordm(m): 8:12pm On Jul 19, 2022
There are procedures to things na.

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by Built2last: 8:16pm On Jul 19, 2022
APC is doing all they can to overturn this election. If they don't want civil war in that state. They should issue Certificate.

There is no protocol anywhere.

Certificates are in your office. All you need to do is put Adeleke's name on it and give him

490 Likes 39 Shares

Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by Moh247: 8:16pm On Jul 19, 2022
Fear don enter their body

32 Likes

Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by SmartPolician: 8:21pm On Jul 19, 2022
He said: “Those that intervene and play roles in the electoral process should try to have basic knowledge of the constitutive legal instruments that guide and regulate the conduct of elections.

This is very important. It should go to all roadside politicians who are only interested in using violence or vote-buying to win elections.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by Jostoman: 8:23pm On Jul 19, 2022
Fahdiga:
don't mind then if you people try nonsense this time around.

210 Likes 12 Shares

Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by Shellsploit: 8:24pm On Jul 19, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by Zico5(m): 8:24pm On Jul 19, 2022
They should speed things up. Nobody should tamper with the will of the people. I'm so happy with what's going on. They have quickly started work on some of the abandon projects in Lagos state. I passed through ikorodu today especially Agric - Isawo road, they have quickly started the work. Someone said that's the dividend of democracy. The seat is getting hot these days. If APC fail to do the needful Lagos and Ogun will go to PDP again and that one will be more painful to Tinubu than even the presidency. Thank you so much Davido, we also thank people of Osun state. We are getting there gradually.

160 Likes 12 Shares

Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by chelsea1116(m): 8:24pm On Jul 19, 2022
From june to this month, i ve sent upto 500k to the lecturers i had close relationship with during my ESUT days,

How embarrassing it might be for them especially knowing how principled they were, i didnt make them ask twice cos from the sound of their voice, even asking once was difficult.

Why do we have this wicked APC? Students and lecturers are home getting to 6months and they still campaign to have another 8 years..

I earn more than university professors in 9ja from doing a very low job across countries in Europe, i m not complaining about what i make but its unfair i should earn more than a Professor,e no balance at all!! it speaks huge negativity of how horrible and neglated the Education system has crippled to.

Going to send money and naira exchange rate keeps getting worse. My omo is just omoed.

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by SpecialEdition: 8:24pm On Jul 19, 2022
Tinubu boys how market?

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by Jack500: 8:24pm On Jul 19, 2022
Fahdiga:

Maybe you should go and give Adeleke on their behalf

Jostoman:

What will you do?
Keyboard warrior

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2022
Okay.
Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by tillaman(m): 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2022
grin
He has every right to ask cause he’s terrified of you lots
Make una no shoot film trick again like 2018
Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by Bar1941(m): 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2022
Lols, Davido is still having the feelings the abracadabra that happened the last time can still happen. I really love his support and solidarity with his uncle but he just have to take it easy now.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by Crazeworld(m): 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2022
This is the first time I'm hearing that it can take up to 14 days before certificate of return is issued. We learn everyday.

@inecnigeria, should we send you fuel money? LOL
There are many ways to ask questions like a learned but this is definitely not one of them.

The handler ought not to have replied him. If it were the EFCC Twitter handler, I trust him to reply politely with a subtle clapback.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by SpecialEdition: 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2022
Life eh?

1 Like

Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by iamyemiakins(m): 8:26pm On Jul 19, 2022
Make Davido dey calm down na, baba blood juz dey hot cheesy

2 Likes

Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by Juicypamela(f): 8:26pm On Jul 19, 2022
N
Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:26pm On Jul 19, 2022
Making a joke of the whole electoral system. His handlers should call him to order

6 Likes

Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 19, 2022
Read this link to see that mods here cover evil and promote immorality, ethnicity and bigotry. Tell me why such thread has not been taken to the front page despite all the mentions?

https://www.nairaland.com/6746136/food-concepts-chicken-republic-wants#105682360

3 Likes

Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by LesbianBoy(m): 8:27pm On Jul 19, 2022
In this life, hustle ooooooooooo

A whole inec is replying davido grin grin grin grin grin

85 Likes 10 Shares

Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 19, 2022
Omo davido like diz man o, nig*a just dey use all hin platform reason hin case...

I like the synergy wey dey their bloodline sha...

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by Sleyanya1(m): 8:28pm On Jul 19, 2022
I think Davido knows. Creating the awareness, drawing attention towards the electoral body is also a good move.

That seemingly little pressure is important.

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by Tetrahedron: 8:29pm On Jul 19, 2022
So Inec can claim knowledge of law….but only when its opposition abi?
Nitwits

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by harmargedon: 8:29pm On Jul 19, 2022
grin
Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by Emyogalanya: 8:30pm On Jul 19, 2022
Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by LollySeaSide: 8:30pm On Jul 19, 2022
Fahdiga:
Even the supreme court governor, Hope Uzodinma received his CoR barely 24 hours after the SC nullified the election of Emeka Ihedioha!
Why wait this long in Osun?
Is @Inecnigeria importing the certificate?

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by royalmu: 8:30pm On Jul 19, 2022
Jostoman:
Dem go collect wotowoto

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC To Davido: We Don’t Have To Issue Certificate Of Return Within 48hrs by Fahdiga(m): 8:31pm On Jul 19, 2022
LollySeaSide:

Even the supreme court governor, Hope Uzodinma received his CoR barely 24 hours after the SC nullified the election of Emeka Ihedioha!
Why wait this long in Osun?
I tire o.

20 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alleged AIT Ban: The True Story From An AIT Staff, Lara Wise / David Mark Pays Buhari A Visit At The APC Headquarters In Abuja. Photos / Police Releases Names And Pictures Of The Policemen That Were Killed In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.