Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,884 members, 7,813,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Diffrence Between Coder, Programmer And Developer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Diffrence Between Coder, Programmer And Developer (602 Views)

When Does A Beginner Become A Programmer, And Should Start Applying For Jobs? / Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY / 8 Ways To Become A Better Coder/programmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diffrence Between Coder, Programmer And Developer by EfevwiaEfemena(m): 2:11am On Jul 20, 2022
It’s come to my notice a lot of newbies and even pros get confused on who is a coder or who is a programmer or who is a developer? This has made most of us to interchange them for one another and it something that ought to be known right from the start even before learning any programming language, but don’t worry you would find out now.

�CODER: A coder is one who has vast knowledge in different programming languages, but doesn’t have projects to back him up. He is more like an individual who converts a piece of code in Java to a piece of code in Python.
NOTE: A coder is sometime referred to as a junior developer or junior programmer.

�PROGRAMMER: a programmer is one who knows the basics and concepts of programming language, and also have some projects to back him up as well as some logical approach to problem solving.
NOTE: A programmer is like a coder but only a few years of experience separates them.

�DEVELOPER: A developer is a combination of a programmer, coder and something am going to explain right now. Meanwhile, he or she can write a code but can also apply logical thinking as well.
They also do the maintenance and also write the documentation of software, Libraries (collection of files, scripts, programs e.tc) and frameworks. In essence they are more diverse and experienced in that particular language.

I BELIEVE NOW YOU CAN TELL THE DIFFRENCE BETWEEN A CODER, PROGRAMMER AND DEVELOPER.
SO PLEASE DO ME A BIG FAVOR OF LIKING MY FACEBOOK PAGE :WEBBIKON TECHNOLOGIES
I will be very grateful. Thank you!

#bestwebdesigncompanyabraka
#webdeveloper#webdesigner
#developer #coder
#programmer #business
#abraka #california
#newdelhi #india

Re: Diffrence Between Coder, Programmer And Developer by Xedmark: 4:08am On Jul 20, 2022
I will counter your points. Your reviews are good but there's nothing like Coder and Programmer. They are both the same having a project to back something up doesn't make any difference. Are u saying coders don't have projects as evidence of their skills? So what's the difference? Also, a developer does not necessarily have to be someone with any programming knowledge, talk about software architecture, machine analysis, calculus break-down into logic . Have you heard of babylonian Mathematics? Developers are beyond powerful when it comes to forming the Logic of any technology. However a developer can as well be a man or woman with programming skill-set

it's painful to see google boys on the platform bastardizing the word developer. Probably, people think of apps and softwares alone once they hear the word developer.

4 Likes

Re: Diffrence Between Coder, Programmer And Developer by FxExpo(m): 7:34pm On Jul 20, 2022
Xedmark:
I will counter your points. Your reviews are good but there's nothing like Coder and Programmer. They are both the same having a project to back something up doesn't make any difference. Also, a developer does not necessarily have to be someone with any programming knowledge, talk about software architecture, machine analysis, calculus break-down into logic . Have you heard of babylonian Mathematics? Developers are beyond powerful when it comes to forming the Logic of any technology. However a developer can as well be a man or woman with programming skill-set

it's painful to see google boys on the platform bastardizing the word developer. Probably, people think of apps and softwares alone once they hear the word developer.
Ok, thanks for your explanation, where should one with NO experience start from?
Re: Diffrence Between Coder, Programmer And Developer by Xedmark: 4:01am On Jul 21, 2022
FxExpo:
Ok, thanks for your explanation, where should one with NO experience start from?

Just start from somewhere. If you have a good understanding of mental maths or quantitative reasoning it will be very easy for you to start as a programmer u can then graduate into other forms of Tech. Okay let me ask you this "three birds are settled on a tree. You threw a stone at two, how many bird will remain on the tree?" U should know none will be there cos the third bird u didn't throw stone at will know danger is coming and will run away together with the other two

It's a kind of logic mindset. Don't forget computer was invented to solve mathematical problems from the beginning before it's core purpose was upgraded. You can pick up any programming language and start there. I won't advice php for beginners. U can start with a very complex programming language then come back to php. Php and other other languages like JavaScript, nodejs and the likes will look like piece of meat to you. Learn java ,C# or python first. Understand the flow chart and operators, if and elseif statement, switch, understand how to set your variables and boolean values .....bro alot more. Trust me it's brings money immediately. Once you learn the purpose of programming to solve problems.

1 Like

Re: Diffrence Between Coder, Programmer And Developer by FxExpo(m): 7:27am On Jul 25, 2022
Xedmark:

Just start from somewhere. If you have a good understanding of mental maths or quantitative reasoning it will be very easy for you to start as a programmer u can then graduate into other forms of Tech. Okay let me ask you this "three birds are settled on a tree. You threw a stone at two, how many bird will remain on the tree?" U should know none will be there cos the third bird u didn't throw stone at will know danger is coming and will run away together with the other two

It's a kind of logic mindset. Don't forget computer was invented to solve mathematical problems from the beginning before it's core purpose was upgraded. You can pick up any programming language and start there. I won't advice php for beginners. U can start with a very complex programming language then come back to php. Php and other other languages like JavaScript, nodejs and the likes will look like piece of meat to you. Learn java ,C# or python first. Understand the flow chart and operators, if and elseif statement, switch, understand how to set your variables and boolean values .....bro alot more. Trust me it's brings money immediately. Once you learn the purpose of programming to solve problems.
Thanks boss I will start

(1) (Reply)

Please Guys Help Me Criticize My New Forum Site Design / Are You In Need Of A Professional Website Developer? / Foreign Site That Creates Standard Sites.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.