Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

What My Fish Farm & Fishing Occupation Gave Me - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What My Fish Farm & Fishing Occupation Gave Me (62692 Views)

Pyton Killed On My Fish Farm / My Fish Farm In Picture After My Expansion / Things To Note When Siting A Fish Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What My Fish Farm & Fishing Occupation Gave Me by maasoap(m): 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2022
bekpo:
Guy d tilapia may come from d pond, but u see that cat fish specie, it's not from d pond.

You are very much correct. We used to catch them in the river back in the days. Even, how many people raise tilapia in Nigeria?
Op even mentioned something like traps which means those fish are likely wild ones and not raised by him

1 Like

Re: What My Fish Farm & Fishing Occupation Gave Me by Uchedizzy(f): 9:10pm On Jul 26, 2022
I want to start this fish famimg business cos i learnt it from my uncle
Re: What My Fish Farm & Fishing Occupation Gave Me by longifilis(m): 9:44pm On Jul 26, 2022
mosdii:
I bailed some of my ponds and checked my fish traps recently and these are what I discovered.

Ijaw waters is blessed with different species of fish and Bayelsa state is the home of aquatic species.

Dear fisher man, you have caught up the babies fishes that have tendency to grow and reproduce in abundance, though fishes are ineshaustible, let your net be selective at such fingerlings and juveniles will swim to the other side of the net without being caught up. Your mesh size is bad please regulate it.

Fisheries scientist

2 Likes

Re: What My Fish Farm & Fishing Occupation Gave Me by longifilis(m): 9:53pm On Jul 26, 2022
[quote author=mosdii post=114907610]I bailed some of my ponds and checked my fish traps recently and these are what I discovered.

Ijaw waters is blessed with different species of fish and Bayelsa state is the home of aquatic species. [/quoti

I can identified C. nigrodigitatus and Alestes. How I wish you know the growth rate and size of a mature Alestes, you won't kill them at this age.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What My Fish Farm & Fishing Occupation Gave Me by rickleye: 10:26pm On Jul 26, 2022
Reinamaria:

What about him did you miss?
Did he make any positive impact in your life?

Ouch ! Wetin the man do you ? grin
Re: What My Fish Farm & Fishing Occupation Gave Me by Dankovich1: 10:28pm On Jul 26, 2022
Sunnepha:
I will put you through sir
How do I contact you
Re: What My Fish Farm & Fishing Occupation Gave Me by TheMostComplex1: 11:02pm On Jul 26, 2022
mosdii:
I bailed some of my ponds and checked my fish traps recently and these are what I discovered.

Ijaw waters is blessed with different species of fish and Bayelsa state is the home of aquatic species.

Where is your base in Bayelsa? So one can get this species of fishies in an artificial pond? I am really surprised because some of them I saw in Bayelsa I thought they are salt water fishes

1 Like

Re: What My Fish Farm & Fishing Occupation Gave Me by Rik500k(m): 11:13pm On Jul 26, 2022
TimmyTen:
My fellow farmers and aspiring farmers fish business is no joke.. Its not what u toil with, its serious business.. Before u venture into it go and learn it practically.. Go to a good farm to see for youself.. Majority of the people that claim to be in the business are thieves.. They have sugar coated mouth to lure people into it and take their money...
are u a farmer
Re: What My Fish Farm & Fishing Occupation Gave Me by Yaks02(m): 11:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
mosdii:

I dey yen too

I feel like coming to bayelsa right now oh
I so much love fish

1 Like

Re: What My Fish Farm & Fishing Occupation Gave Me by CaseSensitive(m): 11:59pm On Jul 26, 2022
mosdii:

Good catch man I'm jealous. About eight different species there. Absolutely love fish and fishing

1 Like

Re: What My Fish Farm & Fishing Occupation Gave Me by gees101(m): 2:17am On Jul 27, 2022
mosdii:

I dey yen too
that's nice
Me dey akenpai bro

1 Like

Re: What My Fish Farm & Fishing Occupation Gave Me by bekpo(m): 9:55am On Jul 27, 2022
christistruth01:

That was what I also thought before
This Basa Catfish farm produced 700 tonnes of that Basa fish in about 4 months

Imagine if Nigeria starts training it's teeming unemployed in this Nigeria would be sitting on a Gold mine

Yorubas call the Basa Catfish Eja Osan because of it's Orange flesh when Cut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOQp1RVOkU0

Those fishes r cought in d river, this is d season. It's a seasonal fish.
Re: What My Fish Farm & Fishing Occupation Gave Me by Christistruth00: 10:06am On Jul 27, 2022
bekpo:

Those fishes r cought in d river, this is d season. It's a seasonal fish.

In Vietnam it is raised in Fish Ponds Successfully
Re: What My Fish Farm & Fishing Occupation Gave Me by gees101(m): 1:29pm On Jul 27, 2022
mosdii:

I dey yen too
Nor finish the fish oh...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures / Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy / Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.