Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Setback For Barca: Kounde On The Way To Chelsea For 55 Million - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Setback For Barca: Kounde On The Way To Chelsea For 55 Million (510 Views)

Lionel Messi Scores 2 Free-kicks Vs Celta Vigo For Barca, Fans React (Photos) / Messi Scores 50th Career Free-kick, 44 For Barca & 6 For Argentina / Real Madrid Protest Plans For Barca La Liga Game To Hold In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Setback For Barca: Kounde On The Way To Chelsea For 55 Million by plethora007: 1:09pm On Jul 20, 2022
In England they take for granted Kounde will join the Premier League briefly. Thomas Tuchel's Chelsea awaits him. Barcelona can forget about their sought after central defender.

'The Sun' reports that Kounde is a step away from London. In 48 hours, they add that he is expected to pass his medical at the Blues.

The deal could have been closed for 55 million pounds (51 million pounds fixed plus 4 in variables). That is the price that Sevilla asked for Kounde and finally, Chelsea have promised to pay it.

'The Sun' says that Kounde now has the opportunity of speaking to Thomas Tuchel. He is hoping to soon be able to play under him in the team's tour of the USA.

The paper is convinced that the central defender will end up at Stamford Bridge. The club's experts have said that the agreement is "99% done."

If this news is confirmed, Xavi will suffer a major setback. Barcelona's boss needs defenders and Kounde was for the favourite for the centre of defence.

At the Camp Nou they are waiting rto complete the departures to fulfil 'Financial Fair Play' rules. They now have Kessie, Christensen, Raphinha and Lewandowski, but in England they are saying that they are going to miss out on Jules Kounde.

At the moment, the defender is still in Spain. 'Marca' reports that at 8am on Wednesday, the player was arriving at Sevilla's training complex. He did not train with the rest, but he stayed in the gym, training on his own.

Re: Setback For Barca: Kounde On The Way To Chelsea For 55 Million by Soulsymbol99: 3:02pm On Jul 20, 2022
Wetin this guy dey play sef? Dnt think he is better than rudiger ooo undecided
Re: Setback For Barca: Kounde On The Way To Chelsea For 55 Million by Broveens42(m): 4:51pm On Jul 20, 2022
Soulsymbol99:
Wetin this guy dey play sef? Dnt think he is better than rudiger ooo undecided

I think Chelsea are doing a fantastic business by bringing in young defenders who would replace the aging Silva and kouli
Chalobah doesn't seem to me as one, He can't even handle pressure like the likes of Ampadu.
Re: Setback For Barca: Kounde On The Way To Chelsea For 55 Million by Soulsymbol99: 5:59pm On Jul 20, 2022
Broveens42:

I think Chelsea are doing a fantastic business by bringing in young defenders who would replace the aging Silva and kouli
Chalobah doesn't seem to me as one, He can't even handle pressure like the likes of Ampadu.

Bros chalobah dey try na
Re: Setback For Barca: Kounde On The Way To Chelsea For 55 Million by Broveens42(m): 6:22pm On Jul 20, 2022
Soulsymbol99:

Bros chalobah dey try na

We know. Every young player would always try.
Remember zouma was so good in the air that everyone thought he could step in for Terry, but that didn't happen because zouma can be very erratic with the ball on his feet, plus he tends to switch off easily.

Chalobah has a Better positioning but tend to be under a lot of pressure just like zouma.

That is where kounde comes in... As a modern day defender, you need to be comfortable with the ball on your feet, retain possession, launch long passes when the midfield is choked etc

That is why players like Ampadu would even take the role for a long time if given the opportunity.
Re: Setback For Barca: Kounde On The Way To Chelsea For 55 Million by KingLarry04: 1:20am On Jul 21, 2022
I wanted to type what’s the need after signing koulibaly to replace rudiger before I remembered Christensen also left, nice move

(1) (Reply)

FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ - FIFA 23 Live Simulation in 4K / One Game Destroyed This 400 Odds / Top 5 Richest Bettors In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.