Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Which Way To Go? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Way To Go? (441 Views)

Which Way Forward / Second Wife Or Side Chicks ,which Way? / Which Way Are We Going? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Way To Go? by Adeyeyeaki(m): 3:53pm On Jul 20, 2022
I need a help. Am a father of three. My second born is a girl of eight years old. Very biillant. From the beginning of this month she had been misbehaving. Stealing, stealing and lies. Both home and in her school. Capital punishment plus talks were introduced but am not seeing any changes. Am not happy and I think this is the best time to nuture her right but I dont know what else to do. Help me save my girl future
Re: Which Way To Go? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 20, 2022
If your child lies to you often,it is because you over-react too harshly.Not all children learn by beating,interact with your kid show her videos of what happens to those that steal.
Re: Which Way To Go? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2022
Re: Which Way To Go? by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On Jul 20, 2022
Adeyeyeaki:
I need a help. Am a father of three. My second born is a girl of eight years old. Very biillant. From the beginning of this month she had been misbehaving. Stealing, stealing and lies. Both home and in her school. Capital punishment plus talks were introduced but am not seeing any changes. Am not happy and I think this is the best time to nuture her right but I dont know what else to do. Help me save my girl future
You need to start now befriending your child so she can open up more to you while you gain better understanding of what are the possible emotional issues she may be battling with. undecided

Kleptomania (klep-toe-MAY-nee-uh) is the recurrent inability to resist urges to steal items that you generally don't really need and that usually have little value. Kleptomania is a rare but serious mental health disorder that can cause much emotional pain to you and your loved ones if not treated.

Kleptomania is a type of impulse control disorder — a disorder that's characterized by problems with emotional or behavioral self-control. If you have an impulse control disorder, you have difficulty resisting the temptation or drive to perform an act that's excessive or harmful to you or someone else.

Many people with kleptomania live lives of secret shame because they're afraid to seek mental health treatment. Although there's no cure for kleptomania, treatment with medication or talk therapy (psychotherapy) may help to end the cycle of compulsive stealing.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/kleptomania/symptoms-causes/syc-20364732#:~:text=Overview,loved%20ones%20if%20not%20treated.
Re: Which Way To Go? by Mindlog: 5:03pm On Jul 20, 2022
Adeyeyeaki:

Is her mother in the picture?
Re: Which Way To Go? by DoveXlover: 7:44pm On Jul 20, 2022
Bad company corrupt good manners.
Firstly, who are her friends?
Sometimes bad associates are the cause.
Does she have a mobile phone?
If she does, then check all her messages from WhatsApp to Facebook etc.
She is your daughter, she lives under your roof, you have all the right to access her phone as a father unless she is above 18 or she has gone to college.
You have to take charge of your home and put rules and order, Strict guidelines and allowing your under 18 kids to know that you have access to their private lives.
Your house, your rules and that's final, non negotiable.

Thirdly where is her mom? She as a woman should be able to have a heart to heart talk with her and advise her.

But honestly, i don't think children with strict parents will ever steal or misbehave outside. The behaviours and characters of your children depends on how disciplined you are.
Op, i am not saying you are a bad father though, i am Just saying she turned out the way she did because you had no rules and guidelines.

I was watching an interview of a supreme court justice of the United States of America (Amy Coney Barrett) she said something that struck me hard.
She said the rules and laws of the United States only applies outside her home.
She said when it comes to her children in her home.
Her home, her rules.
That's the words of a strong woman.
Re: Which Way To Go? by Channah1(f): 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2022
Check yours and your wife's history if you had such character. She probably took after one of you. In this case, nothing except prayer can be done.

A child does not just start exhibitinng such characters if there are no traits in one of the parents.

Pray
Pray
Pray about it. Only God can deliver her.

1 Like

Re: Which Way To Go? by anthonyuncle(m): 11:23am On Jul 21, 2022
start being so cool and close to her.
observe her playmates,friends, and those that are close to her
Re: Which Way To Go? by Adeyeyeaki(m): 6:37am On Nov 16, 2023
Mindlog:

Is her mother in the picture?
Yes. She does much of counselling.
Re: Which Way To Go? by Adeyeyeaki(m): 6:40am On Nov 16, 2023
[quote author=DoveXlover post=114925798]Bad company corrupt good manners.
No.access to social media. She is too young for that (8years old)
Re: Which Way To Go? by Adeyeyeaki(m): 6:40am On Nov 16, 2023
Channah1:
Check yours and your wife's history if you had such character. She probably took after one of you. In this case, nothing except prayer can be done.

A child does not just start exhibitinng such characters if there are no traits in one of the parents.

Pray
Pray
Pray about it. Only God can deliver her.
OK Thanks
Re: Which Way To Go? by Kobojunkie: 6:56am On Nov 16, 2023
Adeyeyeaki:
■ Yes. She does much of counselling.
Why can't you do more of the counseling yourself? Your daughter needs you to equally be hands on and I don't mean spanking or anything. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Used V6 Toyota Highlander 2003 For Sale -1.6M / It's Better To Be Single / Bankers In The House, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.