Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? (1468 Views)

Why Tinubu Should Pick Christians As Chief Of Staff And SGF - Nuhu Ibrahim Bunu / 'we Are Not Using Boko Haram To Persecute Christians' — Buhari Writes UK Parliam / Babajide Sanwo-olu Celebrates His Victory As Next Lagos Governor! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by Throwback: 4:35pm On Jul 20, 2022
This is a direct challenge to my fellow Christians who lived in Lagos during the administration of Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Did Tinubu persecute or deprive Christians of their rights when he was Governor?

Was there any memorable incident when Christians complained about Tinubu's style of administration?

And for non-Yorubas, was there anytime during the Tinubu regime that you felt oppressed by the government or by policies or initiatives that was against any tribe?

Below are my own positive recollections that I have previously mentioned on this forum.

You can say that again.

As a Christian, I fully concur and support this Muslim-Muslim combo, because of the antecedents and capacity of the duo.

If it was El Rufai chosen, I would have had my reservations.

Tinubu himself is my Christian candidate.

How he managed to return Missionary schools to their majority Christian owners in Lagos 2001, is a testament to his administrative capacity.

Till the last set that was in JSS2 left any of those Christian/Muslim/Non-Religious schools by 2006, no single school fees was paid to the new management, as Lagos State had that responsibility covered.

All the teachers who chose to leave those schools so as not to lose their identity of Lagos State public servants, were absorbed easily into other schools that were depopulated by Christian/Muslim teachers who chose to go as private employees into the schools that now had new management.

Despite the objections from Muslims in Lagos that being majorly Christian owned, the new school operators would convert Muslim students, Tinubu was unrelenting in performing his magic.

In the long run, his administrative brilliance has saved Lagos state the funds that would have been devoted to keep operating those schools from 2001 till date.

5 Likes

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by Throwback: 4:36pm On Jul 20, 2022
Is Tinubu a tribalist?

See below factual reminiscences of Tinubu demonstrating his capacity to groom the real youths as leaders of tomorrow, without regard to tribe or religion.

Throwback:

You mean the architect of a multicultural Lagos leadership is a tribalist who would be worse than Buhari?

Abeg if you would lie, do it with a religious conscience.

This is a man that gave up his seat as Governor for an Igbo boy as the very 1st 1-day Governor in 2001.

Him and his wife who was running the New Era foundation, did not renege on the pledge because an Igbo boy won the Spelling Bee competition.

That Igbo boy, Anisiobi Ebuka, was also sponsored on excursion to Finland and having graduated from the University in Nigeria on scholarship, later worked with Oando that is owned by Wale Tinubu. Many other instances of non-yoruba alumna of the spelling bee finals, who continued to enjoy from the magnanimity of the Tinubus.

I laughed when I read that Peter Obi wrote a letter to the head boy of a school. Commendable! But Tinubu surrendered his seat as Governor to a secondary school student, for 1day every year from 2001 till he departed office in 2007. Do you know how personal his contribution to building leadership and responsibility in young minds?

Do I need to talk about many non-yorubas that continue to thrive in public service of Lagos State and also heading Lagos State agencies during the Tinubu regime?

Former Lagos Police Commissioner, Young Arabamen from Edo State, was put in charge of LASTMA, a Northerner was put in charge of KAI (Kick Against Indiscipline).

Do you know how much opportunities him and his successors in Lagos have afforded many non-yorubas in Lagos State governance and administration?

You can try as much as it is your agenda, but you can never paint Tinubu with the tribalism brush.

Negro please!

3 Likes

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 20, 2022
So why is he now depriving them of their rights now?

Right of inclusion and representation

Just read, what's up there, total BS.

8 Likes

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by omenka(m): 4:37pm On Jul 20, 2022
Yes he did, and that is why Igboes enjoyed the most freedoms and prosperity in Lagos under his rule. Recall that Igboes were predominantly Muslim when he was the governor. Things changed only yesterday.

Happy belated birthday Pandora Gringori Obi.

7 Likes

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by ElSudani: 4:38pm On Jul 20, 2022
These are issues they would rather not discuss
They are more comfortable dishing out their usual lies and misinformation.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by Righteousness2(m): 4:39pm On Jul 20, 2022
Op you are very short sighted.
The leadership of Nigeria goes beyond the individual.
So many have been sent to their graves due to religion and religious Matter.

Just thinking about a ticket of Muslim- Muslim or Christian- Christian as the presidency of Nigeria is an act of Wickedness and evil.

Except you want to deceive yourself, you know the truth. And when you know what is right and you turn a blind eye to it, you will get the consequences.

The Apc ticket is a devilish and Demonic ticket from hell that will Destroy and set the country ablaze.

5 Likes

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by NwaMamaIwota(f): 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2022
omenka:
Yes he did, and that is why Igboes enjoyed the most freedoms and prosperity in Lagos under his rule. Recall that Igboes were predominantly Muslim when he was the governor. Things changed only yesterday.

Happy belated birthday Pandora Gringori Obi.
shatap

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by DispatcherLagos: 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2022
Oga, lagosians are use to drinking Tinubu's Stinky urine.... Nigeria is not Lagos and Lagos is not Nigeria

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by Throwback: 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2022
Righteousness2:
Op your short sighted

You are a disgrace to Christianity.

Jesus wept to see that his efforts to bring salvation was going to be thwarted by the continued existence of Pharisees like yourself.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by Throwback: 4:44pm On Jul 20, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
Oga, lagosians are use to drinking Tinubu's Stinky urine.... Nigeria is not Lagos and Lagos is not Nigeria

Lagos is a mini Nigeria your type love to call no man's land when it suits you.

Anyone who has successfully governed in Lagos, has successfully governed a mini Nigeria.

I would rather vote a politician who was able to deliver while avoiding rancour between diverse tribes and religions, compared to a politician that was incharge of largely Igbos and Christians, yet Abia and Imo could not have any rights in Anambra among the same tribe. Same with Anglicans and Protestants complaining of relegation by Catholics in power.

4 Likes

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by Naijanascam: 4:46pm On Jul 20, 2022
Hahahaha OP you must be among these people in religious dresses....

Desperation can make you do the unthinkable

Hired Urchins

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by Iceberg3: 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2022
Did anyone, anybody say tinubu oppressed Christians when he was gov?

Keep having guilty conscience there.

Hypocrites wanna dish out something they will never accept.

4 Likes

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by DispatcherLagos: 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2022
Throwback:

Lagos is a mini Nigeria yourctype love to call no man's land when it suits you.

Anyone who has successfully governed in Lagos, has successfully governed a mini Nigeria.

LoL....every state is a mini Nigeria if I must put you right.

Anybody that successful govern any part of Nigeria has successfully govern a part of Nigeria. That said, Lagos is not Nigeria and Nigeria is not Lagos

1 Like

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by Throwback: 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2022
Iceberg3:
Did anyone, anybody say tinubu oppressed Christians when he was gov?

Thanks for your positive validation.

Tinubu would do same impartial leadership as President.
Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by Iceberg3: 4:50pm On Jul 20, 2022
Throwback:

Thanks for your positive validation.

Tinubu would do same impartial leadership as President.

That's your own business!

The question is simple,will you accept a Christian Christian ticket if Osinbajo had won the APC primaries?

1 Like

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by DispatcherLagos: 4:51pm On Jul 20, 2022
Throwback:

Lagos is a mini Nigeria your type love to call no man's land when it suits you.

I would rather vote a politician who was able to deliver while avoiding rancour between diverse tribes and religions, compared to a politician that was incharge of largely Igbos and Christians, yet Abia and Imo could not have any rights in Anambra among the same tribe. Same with Anglicans and Protestants complaining of relegation by Catholics in power.
At your last sentence, you are a typical Tinubu's urchin, do I expect you to think beyond your nose? No way.

Meet you at the voting center

2 Likes

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by Throwback: 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2022
Iceberg3:

That's your own business!

The question is simple,will you accept a Christian Christian ticket if Osinbajo had won the APC primaries?

I am a Christian who already has accepted a Muslim/Muslim ticket, so why can't I accept a Christian/Christian ticket.

What is accepted or rejected is irrelevant. We all can only vote once and one candidate alone.

So of what relevance is it accepting or not accepting a ticket you would not vote for?

Tinubu has settled for competence and political support which Shettima would provide for the eventual electoral victory and administration of the country.

1 Like

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by Throwback: 5:28pm On Jul 20, 2022
DispatcherLagos:

At your last sentence, you are a typical Tinubu's urchin, do I expect you to think beyond your nose? No way.

Meet you at the voting center

For daring to tell you facts about Tinubu's general acceptance of everyone regardless of tribe or creed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by Throwback: 5:48pm On Jul 20, 2022
Still waiting to see why Tinubu is a threat to Christianity.
Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by Righteousness2(m): 6:43pm On Jul 20, 2022
I know you have grace. But your grace is a satanic grace blinded by peanut and personal gains. Wake up young man because where u are headed will consume u.
Throwback:

You are a disgrace to Christianity.

Jesus wept to see that his efforts to bring salvation was going to be thwarted by the continued existence of Pharisees like yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by ResidentSnitch(f): 6:46pm On Jul 20, 2022
OP, no one has the time for your irrelevant questions. Whatever positive idea or strategy Tinumbu feels he has for the country, he should pass it on to Buhari to implement. As for voting Tinumbu: that's a big NO.
We are rescuing Nigeria whether you like it or yes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by Throwback: 6:47pm On Jul 20, 2022
ResidentSnitch:
OP, no one has the time for your irrelevant questions. Whatever positive idea or strategy Tinumbu feels he has for the country, he should pass it on to Buhari to implement. As for voting Tinumbu: that's a big NO.
We are rescuing Nigeria whether you like it or yes.

Remind me again with whom shall you rescue Nigeria?

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by diadem10: 6:50pm On Jul 20, 2022
All those bigots calling themselves christians

1 Like

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by IgOga(m): 7:08pm On Jul 20, 2022
Op most of those you have leading CAN and many pentecostal churches today are sadly not Christians they are business men and pharisees....Jesus said to the pharisees of his day...the tax collectors and sinners left the temple more justified than them......

This is the first time that CAN is behaving like the opposition party in Nigeria....and God forbid if Tinubu wins without their support many of these charlatans calling themselves pastors and Bishops will be exposed for who they really are....there is one naija prophet on YouTube that already predicted the disgrace of many pastors in Nigeria....I think CAN is laying that foundation already....politicians are unforgiving and desperate......

I feel ashamed as a Christian for the rethroric reportedly coming out from CAN and PFN......Young Christians like me may end up suffering for it in the long run

2 Likes

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by Throwback: 7:11pm On Jul 20, 2022
Righteousness2:
I know you have grace. But your grace is a satanic grace blinded by peanut and personal gains. Wake up young man because where u are headed will consume u.

Pharisee!
Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by Paulheyman: 7:28pm On Jul 20, 2022
IgOga:
Op most of those you have leading CAN and many pentecostal churches today are sadly not Christians they are business men and pharisees....Jesus said to the pharisees of his day...the tax collectors and sinners left the temple more justified than them......

This is the first time that CAN is behaving like the opposition party in Nigeria....and God forbid if Tinubu wins without their support many of these charlatans calling themselves pastors and Bishops will be exposed for who they really are....there is one naija prophet on YouTube that already predicted the disgrace of many pastors in Nigeria....I think CAN is laying that foundation already....politicians are unforgiving and desperate......

I feel ashamed as a Christian for the rethroric reportedly coming out from CAN and PFN......Young Christians like me may end up suffering for it in the long run

As a person who is largely irreligious. Judaism, Christianity and Islam including ATR are instrument of political control. Moslems have enjoyed the gains of Islamic politics, Jews are masters of the game, ATR are the originators and to a large extent an archival in this game. But you see christians those ones have been redundant for long and that's why must kidnapped clergy are christians. So, let the christians put away the teaching of Christ for once and try to save their lives. If not voting Muslim-Muslim APC ticket is what it takes to stay alive in Nigeria, so be it. In a secular Nigeria, Sharia law is operational in some states and we have witnessed the murder of christians for the sake of religion. So, religion and politics are birthed by the same womb. So, allow christians to vote christians for once, if that's all it takes to stay alive in Nigeria. The christians are just struggling to survive, they're voting to stay alive...

Stay blessed

1 Like

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by beejayodus(m): 7:33pm On Jul 20, 2022
IgOga:

You simply can't dismiss the fears of CAN. In the last seven years a lot of Christians including pastors and bishops have been killed by Muslim terrorists. So, a body that represents Christians will naturally be alarmed at a Muslim-Muslim ticket. It is pure idiocy to dismiss their fears.

2 Likes

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by beejayodus(m): 7:35pm On Jul 20, 2022
diadem10:
All those bigots calling themselves christians
When people raise genuine fears they are called bigots. A lot of Christians have been murdered in the last seven years by Muslim terrorists. Therefore, it is not bigotry when Christians express fears about a Muslim-Muslim ticket.

2 Likes

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by diadem10: 7:39pm On Jul 20, 2022
beejayodus:
When people raise genuine fears they are called bigots. A lot of Christians have been murdered in the last seven years by Muslim terrorists. Therefore, it is not bigotry when Christians express fears about a Muslim-Muslim ticket.

What has Osinbajo who's a christian vp done to curb it?
Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by beejayodus(m): 8:05pm On Jul 20, 2022
diadem10:

What has Osinbajo who's a christian vp done to curb it?
Osinbajo has been very helpless. And that is even why many Christians fear a Muslim-Muslim ticket. I will explain.
If Osinbajo, a Christian VP, can't protect Christians, can two Muslims leaders protect them? That is the fear. Christians will at least feel a little sense of security with a Christian VP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by IgOga(m): 8:07pm On Jul 20, 2022
beejayodus:
You simply can't dismiss the fears of CAN. In the last seven years a lot of Christians including pastors and bishops have been killed by Muslim terrorists. So, a body that represents Christians will naturally be alarmed at a Muslim-Muslim ticket. It is pure idiocy to dismiss their fears.

Isn't our current VP a Christian? How has that made Christians better.....the fact is Bokoharam and iswap are terrorist organisations and have killed more Muslims than any group.....if CAN doesn't like muslim/Muslim that is fine they need to support other candidates....there is no wisdom in coming out against any party....I tell my friends choose whosoever represents you...if apc thinks muslim/Muslim represents them let them test their popularity

1 Like

Re: Did Tinubu Discriminate Or Persecute Christians As Lagos Governor? by IgOga(m): 8:12pm On Jul 20, 2022
Paulheyman:

As a person who is largely irreligious. Judaism, Christianity and Islam including ATR are instrument of political control. Moslems have enjoyed the gains of Islamic politics, Jews are masters of the game, ATR are the originators and to a large extent an archival in this game. But you see christians those ones have been redundant for long and that's why must kidnapped clergy are christians. So, let the christians put away the teaching of Christ for once and try to save their lives. If not voting Muslim-Muslim APC ticket is what it takes to stay alive in Nigeria, so be it. In a secular Nigeria, Sharia law is operational in some states and we have witnessed the murder of christians for the sake of religion. So, religion and politics are birthed by the same womb. So, allow christians to vote christians for once, if that's all it takes to stay alive in Nigeria. The christians are just struggling to survive, they're voting to stay alive...

Stay blessed

If Christians want to vote Christians they are at liberty to do that....you will not find a jew shouting on the rooftop....only vote jew....the Muslim equivalent of CAN has been largely silent....they sure have a view but perhaps applied wisdom....CAN may end up disgracing themselves.....and for the yoruba CAN they will still vote Tinubu on tribal grounds....

What will happen if Tinubu wins without the support of CAN, that is publicly opposing him?....Tinubu isn't Christian and politicians are not known to forgive.....CAN just need to tone it down....if our politics turn to religious tussle....even inec will take a religious stand and we Christians may not survive it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Mod Are So Bias They Now Delete Post And Topic Against Obi / Tinubu Appoints PDP Senatorial Candidate In APC Presidential Campaign / Seyi, Ganduje’s Sons To Lead “One Million Persons’ Rally For Tinubu In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.