Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,192 members, 7,953,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:25 PM

Why Should Nigerian's Be Clearing Cars In Dollars While They Can Pay In Naira - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Should Nigerian's Be Clearing Cars In Dollars While They Can Pay In Naira (178 Views)

Gov Alia: Benue Can Pay ₦‎70,000 Minimum Wage / Nigeria Set To Join BRICS, May Start Trading Crude Oil In Naira / Emefiele Implicated Suspended EFCC Head, Bawa In Naira Redesign Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Should Nigerian's Be Clearing Cars In Dollars While They Can Pay In Naira by TheOldGods: 11:40am On Jul 21, 2022
I saw in the news that the Cbn vows to arrest those buying dollars, while clearing of cars in Nigeria are so expensive because they are pegged in dollars. Nigerian customs are charging people here in the country to clear there cars in dollars, while they are in Nigeria, is this not one the reasons our naira is not getting any value? Just recently I wanted to ship a car, and I was told that the dollar rate is 610$ per naira, while on the other news Cbn wants to arrest those buying dollars. Is the same government not the architecture of the problem, they let the masses pay for things like clearing of cars, in dollars and expect you no to buy dollars.

Why would Nigerian customs fix a dollar value for all clearing cars in Nigeria, when we spend naira. Is dollar the currency that we spend in this country? Why is the clearing fee no fixed in Naira?

I'm tired of this country

(1) (Reply)

Is Governor Charles Soludo Witch Hunting Prophet Odumeje Indabosky? / Akan Okon Vs Umo Eno : Court Dismisses Guber Aspirant’s Application To Be Joine / Dino Melaye Reveals Why Atiku Deserves To Be President, Not Tinubu Or Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.