Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,510 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

BREAKING: JAMB Announces 140 as Cut-off Point For 2022 University Admissions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / BREAKING: JAMB Announces 140 as Cut-off Point For 2022 University Admissions (822 Views)

Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions / JAMB, Institutions Approve 160 As Cut-off Mark For 2019 Admission / Oyo, Ogun And Osun Lead In Engineering University Admissions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: JAMB Announces 140 as Cut-off Point For 2022 University Admissions by domesifa(m): 1:10pm On Jul 21, 2022
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and relevant stakeholders have agreed on the minimum cut-off point for admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria.

It was unanimously agreed at the 2022 Policy meeting that 140 will be the minimum cut-off point for admission into a university. 100 was voted for Polytechnics and Monotechnics, while 80 was voted for Colleges of Education.

The cut-off point was the collective decision of all heads of tertiary institutions, private and public, taken at the 2022 Policy meeting chaired by the Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu, in Abuja.

JAMB Registrar Prof Ishaq Oloyede explained that the aforementioned points are the minimum, but that does not mean that institutions must comply wholely to it.

“Institutions have the liberty to determine their cut-off point but must not be below the cut-off agreed at the policy meeting,” he explained.

Vice Chancellor, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Prof Charles Esimone, was among the people that adopted the motion at the meeting.

More details later

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/breaking-jamb-announces-cut-off-point-for-2022-admissions/

Re: BREAKING: JAMB Announces 140 as Cut-off Point For 2022 University Admissions by olayinks007(m): 1:25pm On Jul 21, 2022
This whole ASUU thing as affected the whole higher educational system in Naija and just hope it gets better. And for Jamb self I think that their result should be able to last for like 2-3 years Max since it is the school of choices that will still decide admission to its candidates through this their Post UTME candidates still need to sit for which of course not free again.

Nigeria Educational System sha hmmm it is well ooo

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: JAMB Announces 140 as Cut-off Point For 2022 University Admissions by Isacar(m): 2:29pm On Jul 21, 2022
domesifa:
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and relevant stakeholders have agreed on the minimum cut-off point for admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria.

It was unanimously agreed at the 2022 Policy meeting that 140 will be the minimum cut-off point for admission into a university. 100 was voted for Polytechnics and Monotechnics, while 80 was voted for Colleges of Education.

The cut-off point was the collective decision of all heads of tertiary institutions, private and public, taken at the 2022 Policy meeting chaired by the Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu, in Abuja.

JAMB Registrar Prof Ishaq Oloyede explained that the aforementioned points are the minimum, but that does not mean that institutions must comply wholely to it.

“Institutions have the liberty to determine their cut-off point but must not be below the cut-off agreed at the policy meeting,” he explained.

Vice Chancellor, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Prof Charles Esimone, was among the people that adopted the motion at the meeting.

More details later

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/breaking-jamb-announces-cut-off-point-for-2022-admissions/
mehn Nigeria gan don infect Jamb cut off mark 140 grin it's not fair oooh......... Don't mind me ooh I'm just being sarcastic
Re: BREAKING: JAMB Announces 140 as Cut-off Point For 2022 University Admissions by Malocity(m): 2:59pm On Jul 21, 2022
140 as University Cutoff Point only tells us how our Academic Education is downgrading.

God help us.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: JAMB Announces 140 as Cut-off Point For 2022 University Admissions by Lastbornbuns: 3:20pm On Jul 21, 2022
140 out of 400? Oh wow. Sha, I trust some uni's that'll set high cut-off. I'm sure UNN will cut their normal 310+ for medicine. But where are the new students going to stay? We currently have 2 sets of 100l students pending
Re: BREAKING: JAMB Announces 140 as Cut-off Point For 2022 University Admissions by Seun4blue(m): 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2022
The way things are going at this sector, I hope it won't later become reality- say "SchoolNaScam"
Re: BREAKING: JAMB Announces 140 as Cut-off Point For 2022 University Admissions by Wonderboy01(m): 5:51pm On Jul 21, 2022
I go divide am by 2 grin
Re: BREAKING: JAMB Announces 140 as Cut-off Point For 2022 University Admissions by Lagschools: 5:54pm On Jul 21, 2022
This is JAMB's benchmark.

Schools can set their own cut off marks. A school like UNILAG will never go below 200.

Check out this website for scholarship updates.
Re: BREAKING: JAMB Announces 140 as Cut-off Point For 2022 University Admissions by otipoju(m): 10:39pm On Jul 21, 2022
Na was 273 could not get my younger brother to study Dentistry in 2002. Standards don fall seriously.

My 230 set no fit carry me enter Law that year.

We thank God for life.

(1) (Reply)

Federal University Of Transportation Daura Admission Process / Greetings For Different Occupations In Yoruba / Mention One Lecturer You Can Never Forget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.