Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Bullets Vital Points About The New Electoral Act 2022. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bullets Vital Points About The New Electoral Act 2022. (790 Views)

What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.?? / Did Tinubu Say Electoral Act 2022 Will Affect Democracy? Daily Trust Fact Check / 10 Things To Know About The New Electoral Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bullets Vital Points About The New Electoral Act 2022. by vicdom(m): 10:28pm On Jul 21, 2022
[b]You should note and know the following:

1. No manual accreditation.

2. No use of incident forms.

3. All accreditation is electronic.

4. Accreditation is Bimodal meaning facial recognition and fingerprinting.

5. No pre-election cases after the conclusion of Elections..

6. No election cases after swearing into office of the winner.

7. All results must be uploaded to INEC official website at the polling units before taking it to the ward, constituency,LGA or state collation center.

8. If the number of votes cast is more than the accredited voters the polling unit result is cancelled.

9. No more agreement between parties to share the remaining ballot papers that were not used.

10. No more massive thumb printing and stuffing of ballot boxes. If you like to go and steal ballot boxes you are wasting your time. You cannot change the result.

The people's votes are counting now. If you didn't serve the people well when in public office or you are not popular (i.e the people interest centred). If you fail to work in your constituency and rely on rigging, you are wasting your time .

Credit: ©Senator Orji Uzor Kalu[/b]

1 Like

Re: Bullets Vital Points About The New Electoral Act 2022. by jkpbestseries: 10:31pm On Jul 21, 2022
and it is a goooaaaaaaaaal.....! Oh
Re: Bullets Vital Points About The New Electoral Act 2022. by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:11pm On Jul 21, 2022
why will the president still nominate and appoint the INEC president?
why cant nigerians vote electronically anywhere they are online and in any cyber cafe?
Re: Bullets Vital Points About The New Electoral Act 2022. by Dreambeat: 11:52pm On Jul 21, 2022
What if thugs run away with ballot boxes when voting is ongoing. This I can assure will happen in Lagos a lot
Re: Bullets Vital Points About The New Electoral Act 2022. by avidleo: 12:15am On Jul 22, 2022
Polling unit gets cancelled

Dreambeat:
What if thugs run away with ballot boxes when voting is ongoing. This I can assure will happen in Lagos a lot
Re: Bullets Vital Points About The New Electoral Act 2022. by Dreambeat: 12:49am On Jul 22, 2022
avidleo:
Polling unit gets cancelled

Exactly what I thought. That becomes an advantage for a politician who feels his opponent has an edge in that polling unit. There should be a way to punish such a politician who sends thugs to go distrupt voting in his opponent's stronghold otherwise politicians will use this tactic to win elections. I am sure in 2023, it happen a lot in Lagos
Re: Bullets Vital Points About The New Electoral Act 2022. by avidleo: 10:12am On Jul 27, 2022
Ever heared of re-run?

Dreambeat:
Exactly what I thought. That becomes an advantage for a politician who feels his opponent has an edge in that polling unit. There should be a way to punish such a politician who sends thugs to go distrupt voting in his opponent's stronghold otherwise politicians will use this tactic to win elections. I am sure in 2023, it happen a lot in Lagos
Re: Bullets Vital Points About The New Electoral Act 2022. by IamAtikulate: 10:15am On Jul 27, 2022
Dreambeat:
The entire PU will be cancelled and there will be re-run if there is no clear winner in the election

(1) (Reply)

NURTW Chairman Mile12 Branch Is Dead / If Obi Is Your First Choice, Ada Is Our Second Choice, North Mocks South / Only About 25% Of The Products Are Imported, Po's Answer To Importation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.