Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,231 members, 7,860,476 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:28 AM

How To Make Your Website Mobile Friendly? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Make Your Website Mobile Friendly? (156 Views)

Website & Mobile App Development / Building Website & Mobile Apps / Complete Mobile Friendly Online Banking Php Script For Any Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your Website Mobile Friendly? by EfevwiaEfemena(m): 12:28am On Jul 22, 2022
A lot of people uses the internet, so it is very important for your website to be mobile friendly. So if you planning on owning or getting a website, Or yours isn’t mobile friendly, no need to worry I got five steps for you below:

1.�MAKE IT RESPONSIVE: I simply mean designing the website in a way the layout of your website changes based on the size of the screen you looking at it from. This important because web browsers are able to detect if someone is looking at a website from a laptop or phone or a tablet and with proper coding can display things that are easier to see and use and optimized for that device. Responsiveness also helps with SEO as Search engines actually look for and index higher this type of flexibility. Although in Today’s modern era of technology. A lot of website has in-built mobile responsiveness you just have to configure it and make it look good. So make sure it works properly on Desktop and Mobile.

2.�PRIORITIZE CONTENT: You need to prioritize how you present content on your website, because when the process of getting information is complicated, the tendency of people leaving your website is very high and when someone leaves, it is difficult to get them back. This especially though for mobile. So these are the tips to follow on how to prioritize content on your website:

(I). improve the Microcopy on Your Page: There are typically short sentence and words that are extremely contextual (e.g. “YOU SCORED A GOAL “this could be either related to football or recent achievement”) and it is hard to tell if users understand or perform certain actions.

(ii) Use Leverage Progressive Disclosure: If you own a sales page, I’m very sure you aware that the most important information will be at the top of the page. So as a user can call to action immediately. It’s also the same for any other website, your important information should always be at the top of the page and present additional information when the user needs or ask for it.

3. � USE LARGE FONTS AND BUTTONS: If you use a small font on your website, you actually making it difficult for small screen users to read information on your website.
NOTE: It is good to use 14px or larger when designing for mobile. Ideally you also have to use a standard web font so that your users does not have to download a custom font when loading your site. I actually use POPPINS FONT (GEOMETRIC SANS-SERIF TYPEFACE). The main reason for using a large font is it helps to keep your site trim and fast when optimizing for typically narrower bandwidth serving mobile devices.

NOTE: The same rule for buttons, small buttons on a website equals small buttons on a small screen. Small buttons are hard to push with a finger. So it’s best to make your buttons large and give them extra spacing. NOTE: It is best to put buttons at the bottom of a small screen and you also test it on other devices as well so it won’t counter everything you have read so far.

4. �KEEP YOUR WEBSITE SIMPLE FOR MOBILE: In fact when designing a website just put this acronym at the back of your mind “KISS” (Which Stands for KEEP IT SIMPLE SIR). This is very important especially for Mobile when compared to other devices like Laptops and most users scroll when reading the information, So if your information is cluttered and not easily understood, they would easily scroll past vital information due to excessive scrolling cause fatigue and I will assume you wouldn’t like that.

5. � PROVIDE A WAY TO SWITCH TO DESKTOP VIEW: Humans like trying different things and it is the same with layouts too. Some people like experiencing a website with a desktop layout on a mobile device, so always let the users choose.

I BELIEVE NOW YOU HAVE UNDERSTOOD AND KNOW HOW TO MAKE YOUR WEBSITE MOBILE FRIENDLY. YOU CAN ALSO DO ME A FAVOR BY LIKING MY FACEBOOK PAGE: WEBBIKON TECHNOLOGIES.
#BESTWEBDESIGNCOMPANYINABRAKA
#WEBBIKON

(1) (Reply)

I Will Shopify Website Design Amazin Shopify Store Design Create Shopify Website / I Will Shopify Website Design Amazin Shopify Store Design Create Shopify Website / Certification Courses For Mechanical Engineers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.