Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Osun State Governor Elect Ademola Adeleke Should Prepare For Real Governance. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun State Governor Elect Ademola Adeleke Should Prepare For Real Governance. (144 Views)

IGP Deploys Security Team To Osun Governor-Elect, Ademola Adeleke / Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash / Osun Election: Why Adeleke Should Have Been Declared Winner – Ozekhome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Osun State Governor Elect Ademola Adeleke Should Prepare For Real Governance. by muykem: 10:44am On Jul 22, 2022
The people of Osun have decided and my congratulations to the PDP, Governor-Elect and to all the gladiators. I must however warn that not much should be expected from Adeleke. Reason being that Osun is financially constrained and Adeleke will not bring his family wealth to manage Osun. Promises are easy, many things are said in campaigns but office tells you the reality and the distance you can run.

I was involved in the early stages of Aregbe's tenure. On assumption of office there was nothing in the state coffers. The outgoing PDP regime of Oyinlola had borrowed and spent billions a week before handing over. Many projects were abandoned with accumulated pension and gratuity dating back to Akandes tenure and inclusive of Oyinlola's.

The new governor could do nothing. At the instance of Tinubu Lagos State loaned Osun state N2b. So that the new government can do something. Aregbe was to increase this debt profile with ambitious social and infrastructural projects driving the state into a debt trap. He could not continue any of the projects and could not pay salaries.

They made efforts to raise revenue and possibly additional loans but no one will touch the state. The revenue drive was not very successful.

On the eve if the 2014 term elections, late Adeleke had to bail out the state with about half a billion when he crossed to APC and was rewarded with a seat in the Senate. The rest you know.

The outgoing governor Oyetola must be commended irrespective of party affiliation for managing a bankrupt Osun State with experience and level headedness. He was able to pay salaries and pay some of the debts. He was able to complete some abandoned projects.

I am sure he will feel relieved to go home and play with his grandchildren. Osun is no longer his headache.

It is time for Adelekes promised miracles to start. Expectations are high. People have been made to believe that there is so much money in Abere being stolen. And now it will stop.

Dollars and Pounds have been imported from abroad. International friends will come invest in Osun and create Jobs.etc

How I wish people know how much thinking went into Aregbe and Oyetolas governments and even the ones before them.

Osun has faced economic Crisis since its creation. It inherited a huge civil service and teaching staff from Old Oyo State which leaves very little for her development.

This challenge was taken headlong by Baba Akande and it became his albatross. Since then no one has dared.

I recall the words of Buhari. He said if he knew things were this bad he would not have contested. This was after he has blamed his predecessors for all that went wrong with Nigeria until he was reminded that four years have passed.

No Governor can succeed in Osun until it goes through a structural adjustment. Poor revenue, no private sector and extremely weak infrastructure. The civil service is also poor when it comes to new initiatives. You virtually have to push them.

The real challenge will not be Adeleke or Oyetola but Osun state being able to convey an economic summit involving the Obas, all parties, Labour and teachers Union, farmers and Osun local and international diaspora, past and present leaders.etc.

A strategic plan should then be developed as a template for running the state. Until this or something similar is done, no government in Osun can do much. Once again I congratulate Senator Jackson Adeleke and wish him a successful tenure."
Re: Osun State Governor Elect Ademola Adeleke Should Prepare For Real Governance. by Aidejay(m): 11:03am On Jul 22, 2022
Jackson Adeleke Doesn't Have The Head For All This one You Typed Here. Baba Just Wants To Flex, Do Some Loud Projects, Excite The People And Enjoy Loud Praises.
Osun People Aren't Ready For That Type Of Development.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Move To Impeach Buhari Is A Weak Move_ Apc Chairman / A Timely Denial / Communique Issued At The End Of A Special Strategic Stakeholders Meeting Of Atak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.