Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,353 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Ortom Vs Atiku: Who Is Lying About PDP VP Position? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom Vs Atiku: Who Is Lying About PDP VP Position? (338 Views)

Insecurity: Ortom Vs El-Rufai / Ortom Vs Buhari: Adopt Ruga If You Want Peace In Benue - Garba Shehu To Governor / Buhari: "Osinbajo's VP Position Threatened" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ortom Vs Atiku: Who Is Lying About PDP VP Position? by omenka(m): 1:39pm On Jul 22, 2022
It is no longer news that Ortom, the Benue state governor, has taken advantage of every opportunity to criticise Atiku, the PDP presidential flag bearer, for going against popular opinion of the members of the selection committee which he (Ortom) chaired.

In an interview just last month, Ortom accused Atiku of picking Okowa in oposition to the popular choice of his committee which he claimed voted in favour of Wike, having come second in the presidential primary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2NGf1NfmGA

Ortom stated that

“Governor Okowa is a nice man and my friend and I have no problem with him. But if we are in a democratic era, and 14 people out of 17 said that it should be Wike, and he (Atiku) in his wisdom gave it to Okowa, I expect more explanation, I expect him to talk to Wike first, I expect him to even reach out to some of us so that together we can work as a party,”

Contrary to what Ortom had stated before the press, Atiku earlier today, during an interview with Arise TV, stated categorically that there was no voting by the committee, and that the committee which was set up "at his instance", recommend three names, out of which he chose one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITsv3vtrfh8

Given these contrary accounts of what transpired in the committee, who is the public therefore to believe between the duo?

Cc: Mynd44, Seun.

1 Like

Re: Ortom Vs Atiku: Who Is Lying About PDP VP Position? by Fahdiga(m): 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2022
I expect Ortom to clap back if truly he said the truth but if he doesn't then it means he lied.
Re: Ortom Vs Atiku: Who Is Lying About PDP VP Position? by omenka(m): 2:02pm On Jul 22, 2022
Fahdiga:
I expect Ortom to clap back if truly he said the truth but if he doesn't then it means he lied.
Ortom is a recalcitrant liar. It's a shame you people know so little about the man yet support him.

2 Likes

Re: Ortom Vs Atiku: Who Is Lying About PDP VP Position? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 22, 2022
All politicians n lawyers are liers
Re: Ortom Vs Atiku: Who Is Lying About PDP VP Position? by Kestolove(m): 2:09pm On Jul 22, 2022
pdp are big liars evrybody knows
Re: Ortom Vs Atiku: Who Is Lying About PDP VP Position? by Truthisunique2: 2:12pm On Jul 22, 2022
Ortom was in charge of the committee of zoning and he left the contest open supporting atiku indirectly

So am surprised when he keeps crying he supports wike

1 Like

Re: Ortom Vs Atiku: Who Is Lying About PDP VP Position? by Viscuz: 2:16pm On Jul 22, 2022
omenka:
Ortom is a recalcitrant liar. It's a shame you people know so little about the man yet support him.

Guy if you no get anything to say shut the F up
. Na Ortom make u go another man land go find work ?
Re: Ortom Vs Atiku: Who Is Lying About PDP VP Position? by mach7(m): 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2022
Neither is lying and none of them is saying the truth.

Truthfully, a committee was set up on Atiku's instructions. The committee was chaired by Ortom and it recommended 3 candidates (afterwards an informal votes was taken).

Falsehood starts from here:

Atiku: The committee went further "beyond scope" to conduct a vote and present a preferential candidate amongst the 3 recommended candidates.
Ortom: The committee conducting a vote was part of its scope as the ultimate outcome was to recommend a Vice Presidential candidate which they did by Presenting Wike.

Verdict: Atiku merely needed the committee for formality sake as his intention was always to pick Okowa.

Summary: Atiku accepts the committee recommendation of 3 candidates, but doesn't accept the vote which was taken as that "in his thinking" went beyond scope.
Re: Ortom Vs Atiku: Who Is Lying About PDP VP Position? by AtikuOkowa: 2:33pm On Jul 22, 2022
None is telling a lie

Ortom spoke about what he knows, Atiku says what it is.
Re: Ortom Vs Atiku: Who Is Lying About PDP VP Position? by KnowAll(m): 2:37pm On Jul 22, 2022
I think no votes where cast but Ottoman being d chairman of d committee knows where everyone’s loyalty lies.

The fact u know where people’s loyalty lies does not necessarily mean a vote was cast. The bulk stops with d presidential candidate to choose who he feels comfortable to work with.
Re: Ortom Vs Atiku: Who Is Lying About PDP VP Position? by NwaMamaIwota(f): 2:40pm On Jul 22, 2022
omenka:
God bless Ortom
Re: Ortom Vs Atiku: Who Is Lying About PDP VP Position? by SU50: 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Ortom was in charge of the committee of zoning and he left the contest open supporting atiku indirectly

So am surprised when he keeps crying he supports wike

As in.

(1) (Reply)

Npower Beneficiaries To Support APC TINUBU If He Can Make The Program Permanent / Igbo Presidency / Why Are Mods Biased

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.