Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,945 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Mike Tyson Says Death Is Near As He Speaks On Wife, Money - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mike Tyson Says Death Is Near As He Speaks On Wife, Money (624 Views)

Ex-boxer Mike Tyson Says His Death Is Coming 'really Soon' On Podcast / Mike Tyson Says He’s Willing To Fight Anthony Joshua / Mike Tyson Barred From Entering Chile, Put Back On Plane, See Why(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mike Tyson Says Death Is Near As He Speaks On Wife, Money by FullBlastLight: 6:53pm On Jul 22, 2022
Mike Tyson Says Death Is Near As He Speaks On Wife, Money.

American boxing legend Mike Tyson has said he perceived death is near for him as he revealed personal issues about his wife and money despite being a multi-millionaire.

Speaking on his podcast, ‘Hotboxin’ with Mike Tyson,’ on Thursday, the 56-year-old former heavyweight champion said he felt his time is almost up.

According to Daily Mail, Tyson disclosed that money could not really bring security in what it described as a ‘morbid conversation’ with his therapist, Sean McFarland.

“We are all gonna die one day, of course,” Tyson said.

“Then, when I look in the mirror, I see those little spots on my face, I say, Wow! That means my expiration date is coming close, really soon.”

Tyson said he often has conversations with his third wife, Lakiha Spicer because she believes money will offer her with long-term security when he dies.

“I always tell people — they think money’s gonna make them happy, they’ve never had money before — when you have a lot of money, you can’t expect nobody to love you,” he added.

“You believe that you’re invincible when you have a lot of money, which isn’t true.

“What (exactly) is security?” He asked.

“I don’t know. When you put money in your bank and you get a cheque every week and you can live for the rest of your life, is that security?

“It doesn’t mean you won’t catch a disease, or get hit by a car. Can money secure you when you jump off a bridge?”

In his famous career, Tyson has set a sensational professional record of 50-6-2 with 44 knockouts. He is considered one of the greatest ever to be in boxing rings. Tyson made his boxing debut in 1985. He still holds the world record of becoming the youngest world heavyweight champion.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/mike-tyson-says-death-is-near-as-he-speaks-on-wife-money/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mike Tyson Says Death Is Near As He Speaks On Wife, Money by Johnflowey1738(f): 6:55pm On Jul 22, 2022
embarassed
I won't say anything.
Righteousness2 come and self-service. Food Don ready.

1 Like

Re: Mike Tyson Says Death Is Near As He Speaks On Wife, Money by Righteousness2(m): 6:58pm On Jul 22, 2022
Having Money , wealth and all the good things of life is not a crime. Neither is it a sin.
But having all these things without Having a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ, is calamity.

There is a very Deep Vaccum in Man/ woman. That vaccum cannot be satisfied by money, wealth, position, Education, accomplishments or whatever. That vaccum can only be filled by JESUS Christ.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Tyson Says Death Is Near As He Speaks On Wife, Money by matrix199(m): 7:04pm On Jul 22, 2022
Can everyone just give his life to Christ so that dude up there can let us rest with his scare-tactics sermon!
Re: Mike Tyson Says Death Is Near As He Speaks On Wife, Money by iamwilliamsfx(m): 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2022
youre not going to die man
Re: Mike Tyson Says Death Is Near As He Speaks On Wife, Money by decatalyst(m): 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2022
Less than 60yrs? He is still very young to be thinking about death.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Tyson Says Death Is Near As He Speaks On Wife, Money by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:56pm On Jul 22, 2022
the drugs are messing with his thought process. as much as money is irrelevant here, death certainly aint nowhere near, just because he starts to look old.

1 Like

Re: Mike Tyson Says Death Is Near As He Speaks On Wife, Money by paulolee(m): 4:58am On Jul 23, 2022
puff more weed n stay safe man
Re: Mike Tyson Says Death Is Near As He Speaks On Wife, Money by Blake755: 8:43am On Jul 23, 2022
See this werey oo u wan discourage person make I get the money first
Re: Mike Tyson Says Death Is Near As He Speaks On Wife, Money by Vikinduu: 11:43am On Jul 23, 2022
Wrong

(1) (Reply)

Qatar 2022: Messi Vs Mbappe, Who Will Lead His Team To World Cup Glory? / World Cup Prize Money 2022 Table: How Much Will Each Country Earn? / New Breeds Football Clubs Across Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.