Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Rules Of Street Football When We Were Kids - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rules Of Street Football When We Were Kids (478 Views)

Rules Of Football When We Were Kids / Photos Of Popular Footballers When They Were Kids / Football Rules When We Were Kids (2) (3) (4)

Rules Of Street Football When We Were Kids by princeemmma(m): 9:03pm On Jul 22, 2022
RULES 1
The fat kid was always the goalkeeper.

RULE 2
The owner of the ball decides who plays.

RULE 3
The one who is not picked was responsible to fetch the ball when it got out of play in order to play the next game.

RULE 4
When the owner of the ball got annoyed, it's game over.

RULE 5
When you hit your toes against a stone and you noticed blood, you quickly cover the area of injury with sand as a form of first aid and play continues.

RULE 6
You can't dribble the owner of the ball too much, this may lead him to stop the game by taking away his ball.

RULE 7
No offsides and there was no referee.

RULE 8
There is foul only if you fell and plenty of dust arise.

RULE 9
The owner of the ball is always mean and no one should comment about it or else game over.

RULE 10
The two best players can not play in the same team, so they challenge themselves and pick others.

RULE 11
If you are chosen last it means you are not good and you will remain in defense.

RULE 12
The best player is always in the same team with the owner of the ball.

RULE 13
To distinguish the two teams, one of the teams pulls off their shirts.

RULE 14
There is always a house which when the ball fell in there, we knew game is over. So be careful!!

RULE 15
Game will only be over when it is dark and we could barely see the ball.

*Then, we all disperse in groups teasing one another until we get home to face another punishment by our parents.*

Chai I really enjoyed my childhood oooo. If you are not one of us as described above, then you belong to another generation

Share your experience

Re: Rules Of Street Football When We Were Kids by princeemmma(m): 9:05pm On Jul 22, 2022
The street football dey sweet die especially the one wey get betting inside.....

Anything goes in street football

I remember back then we will always break someone luvers , every week

Re: Rules Of Street Football When We Were Kids by MITCHELL96: 9:22pm On Jul 22, 2022
Re: Rules Of Street Football When We Were Kids by SmellyNyash: 9:26pm On Jul 22, 2022
Re: Rules Of Street Football When We Were Kids by Fahdiga(m): 9:40pm On Jul 22, 2022
Chai bro you are indeed a street guy. You just summarized my childhood. Fortunately I'm always the owner of the ball most times so I'm always at the right side. grin grin.

Re: Rules Of Street Football When We Were Kids by Emecson(m): 9:45pm On Jul 22, 2022
RULE 16:
The person wey Sabi dribble no like dey pass ball

Re: Rules Of Street Football When We Were Kids by Youngwiz71(m): 10:17pm On Jul 22, 2022
Rule 17: If all players are playing bare footed, you that came with a boot you must remove it....

undecided you wan kill person

Re: Rules Of Street Football When We Were Kids by DevilSignature: 10:57pm On Jul 22, 2022
Four repeated corner kick in a row equals one penalty
Re: Rules Of Street Football When We Were Kids by paulolee(m): 4:57am On Jul 23, 2022
I miss those days....especially wen moni de involved
Re: Rules Of Street Football When We Were Kids by Psady(m): 2:06pm On Jul 23, 2022
Our own VAR for goals is majority vote, if not no more ball again, fight must ensue.

Re: Rules Of Street Football When We Were Kids by Psady(m): 2:11pm On Jul 23, 2022
princeemmma:
The street football dey sweet die especially the one wey get betting inside.....

Anything goes in street football

I remember back then we will always break someone luvers , every week
Lol! Coast must clear after this, who dem catch go provide the culprit.
Re: Rules Of Street Football When We Were Kids by princeemmma(m): 2:46pm On Jul 23, 2022
Psady:
Lol! Coast must clear after this, who dem catch go provide the culprit.

Once the luvers break like this, na to dey run here and there to save our live

Re: Rules Of Street Football When We Were Kids by Kingcalls: 4:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
No 9 is actually a case study... it shows that when humans hold power, they mostly turn to dictators

Anthony Joshua Is A Disgrace / Erling Halaand to scored 102 goals this season / How To Know The Best Online Websites To Stake Your Weekly Pool Coupons (games)