Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,942 members, 7,835,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card (52358 Views)

German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs / Why Your Smartphone Can Make Emergency Calls Without A SIM Card / The Bontel Phone That Can Charge Other Phones I Saw Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Hassanmaye(m): 11:51am On Jul 24, 2022
WibusJaga:

Congrats. This one is NOT one of the Atiku's 90% illiterate & ignorant peasants up north. cheesy
The southerners think they're the smartest in the country especially skull miners but Nigeria is no longer 1960's kudos to him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Hassanmaye(m): 11:53am On Jul 24, 2022
nijaomegacode:

This idiot wants to take us back to 1940. What kinda stupid invention is this na? The world is going to 6G, this one is innovating zero G.
God forbid!!
Have you ever invented biro please? I need sharp answer and evidence
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Hassanmaye(m): 11:54am On Jul 24, 2022
Moneyboyz:
Lol, that's just a Walkie talkie.
Have you invested spoon before I need answer sharply hypocrite
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Hassanmaye(m): 11:56am On Jul 24, 2022
nedekid:

I taya. Aboki makes a toy, at best a toy walki talki and describes it to be a phone thay works without cell towers, base stations etc.
We sha can celebrate mediocrity. undecided
Will you shut up
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Hassanmaye(m): 12:03pm On Jul 24, 2022
Kubernetes:

This is my only problem with Southerners. They so much hate anything good from the Northeners.
Leave the Fools na with this hate they want us to vote obi okay let's wait
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 24, 2022
Hassanmaye:

Have you ever invented biro please? I need sharp answer and evidence
Invent or innovate? It's like you lack understanding.
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by vicfajeze: 12:24pm On Jul 24, 2022
my prayers is dat make BOKO HARAM no get hold d boy.If dem get d guy na him be say them go utilise d guy to d fullest
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Hassanmaye(m): 12:34pm On Jul 24, 2022
nijaomegacode:

Invent or innovate? It's like you lack understanding.
Na you lack understanding its a joke an example to show you how a simple thing you didn't do but you are critising someone that has done something instead of you to motivate him. Mtsww
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Elidrisy20: 12:39pm On Jul 24, 2022
Congrats
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Codes151(m): 1:04pm On Jul 24, 2022
I'd reserve my comment.

20-50 meters distance.

It's just a transmitter/ receiver interface.

But make I no talk o.
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by africantycoon: 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2022
AtikuOkowa:

Thank you very much bro.

Without the likes of you, one must give up.

Africa is great, since from KEMET time.

I always read about ancient Egyptian time to trace where we first missed our road. He

One last point is the western European countries are beggars and will never leave Africa alone because they depend on African countries for survival....macron is visiting 5 African countries this week including Cameroon and one of the items on the agenda is macron wants to discuss possibility of French investment in camerounian agriculture....pls tell me why France can't invest in Italian or German or polish or Swedish agriculture- why all the way to Africa sad

I blame the mumu African presidents still hosting Macron. African countries shouldn't be dealing with France at all...

Africa is failing because they fail to treat Britain and France as permanent enemies of the continent which is what they really are though they pretend a lot.....
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Jaqenhghar: 3:08pm On Jul 24, 2022
godofuck231:
CDMA devices differ from phone that don't require call credits
Still, dont get ahead of yourselves. We all knownhow this will end. No one is out to kill anyone
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by realbest(m): 3:19pm On Jul 24, 2022
nijaomegacode:

This is not development; it is retrograding.
You didn't answer this question .
What did you develop ?
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by zegeijuwa: 3:45pm On Jul 24, 2022
Hahaha what is the range of that FM receiver converted to a transmitter?

Phone without service providerand fools and believing without knowing how things work in a call.
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by PharmacyStore: 3:48pm On Jul 24, 2022
This is Cool
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Wwwq: 4:02pm On Jul 24, 2022
Really
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Lexjully: 4:09pm On Jul 24, 2022
The technology here is same with that of the Walkie Talkie...which means it is an existing technology that has been advanced far beyond what he has just done. Anyway, it is still a good invention but I don't think will be useful beyond Teacher-student communication like he stated. Kudos though!!!!
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Obalowe(m): 4:27pm On Jul 24, 2022
We are going to do away with this old sickening mentality?
godofuck231:
He will soon be killed , he a threat to tech giants and the nigerian state will sell him out , this is a great invention but his life is in danger
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by nedekid: 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2022
Hassanmaye:

Will you shut up
See who is telling someone to shutup?
Wonders shall never end aboki.
Hmm, atleast I have dignified you with a response. undecided
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by zoraro(m): 4:55pm On Jul 24, 2022
it would have been great if the reporter tested it and cornfirm if it really works. That would have made this "story" a thousand times more believable and useful to people.
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by ibrocool(m): 5:09pm On Jul 24, 2022
godofuck231:
He will soon be killed , he a threat to tech giants and the nigerian state will sell him out , this is a great invention but his life is in danger
You are right concerning his life in danger. The man that invented car that uses water as fuel was murdered and nothing was done about it because he was a treat to oil companies all over the world.
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by 9jaRealist: 5:30pm On Jul 24, 2022
>
This picture epitomizes Nigeria itself…
SMART folks kneel at the foot of DUMB folks who determine their fate! SMH

>

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2022
Congratulations.. That's awesome
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Hassanmaye(m): 5:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
nedekid:

See who is telling someone to shutup?
Wonders shall never end aboki.
Hmm, atleast I have dignified you with a response. undecided
Hehe you mean it? Wonders shall never end
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by TwistDThinking(m): 5:58pm On Jul 24, 2022
Tag Obi cubana he has to see this too
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Thomasankara(m): 6:17pm On Jul 24, 2022
godofuck231:

I pray his life is not cut short angry

1 Like

Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Thomasankara(m): 6:23pm On Jul 24, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
What is this rubbish? angry angry

Na dem grin grin
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by FrauleinBlossom(f): 6:47pm On Jul 24, 2022
This is wonderful. Would the government encourage this? We have had exceptional inventors in the past, but lack of government support and funds at the end strangled brilliant ideas. Would this government do something differently? Nigerians are highly endowed, only the right leadership is what is lacking.

Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Slynation(m): 8:11pm On Jul 24, 2022
AtikuOkowa:

Excellent question. I love you.

We will have IP-address-like protocol to every single phone. Upon buying the developed version of this phone, one would install his identity, it would look like "Soft SIM card ",but in application form.

All your contact would be transferable to your new phone. Hence no more stress of SIM missing.
more like E-sim then....I heard something about this development but don't know how far they have gone now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by jaggabban: 8:20pm On Jul 24, 2022
godofuck231:
Sense will not kee you.
Re: Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card by Poleski: 8:49pm On Jul 24, 2022
He "invented" a walkie talkie. cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

New NCC USSD Codes For All Nigerian Networks / Airtel Introduces The New Time Based Unlimited Data Plan For Every Device / Glo New Data Plans For Mobile Phones And Tablets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.