Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri (20516 Views)

“Northerners Are Not Parasites, We Discovered Oil” – NCM / Akwa Ibom Government Distributes Transistor Radios / Igbos Dominates Nigeria's Commercial Sector But Forgot The Media - Reno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by Gbeng30(m): 6:52pm On Jul 24, 2022
You're absolutely correct
Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by robosky02(m): 7:02pm On Jul 24, 2022
And southerners are more connected to their phones

And social media updates

Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by Drbarmes(m): 7:47pm On Jul 24, 2022
MissLeslie:
Northern part of country value religions and culture, dey see most western invention as haram
have u been to north? stop expressing ignorance
Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by plaindealer: 7:53pm On Jul 24, 2022
Conner44:
And what makes Reno think that labor party wont shift their campaigns to the airwaves when the time comes?

And you really think Hausa people will listen to the blabbings of some Igbos on the radio after all your insults, abuse, denigration and anti North toxicity?

How delusional can you people get?
Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by plaindealer: 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2022
robosky02:
And southerners are more connected to their phones

And social media updates

The message flew over your head. Are all southerners Pandora's supporters?

You are confused because the only song you listen and dance to is your own song .
Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by Lama70(m): 8:20pm On Jul 24, 2022
It is called ABOKI RADIO or TRANSISTOR back in the days.
Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by Salym(m): 8:25pm On Jul 24, 2022
Asour:

Exactly.

All social networks (should) constitute haram to core northerners — extreme adherents.

The problem is that Reno is doing guess work here.
This is not a subjective question though, Facebook, WhatsApp & Tiktok can provide the numbers. But Reno is clearly playing guessing games here.
Please you shouldn't be making unfounded claims. How would you just equate core northerners to extremism and by what standards do you define extremism?
You should know that Muslims do not just dislike social media but they do dislike immoral and bad actions on social media- which I'm sure you also do. Alot of Islamic activities are been carried out in all the social media sites we commonly used in Nigeria. If they are Haram as you wrongly pointed out, you will never have come across preaching and other religious activities on social media.
Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by JesusIgot(m): 8:37pm On Jul 24, 2022
Becos northerners can not read and write that's why they always listen to radios lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 24, 2022
Gbeng30:
You're absolutely correct

Reno Omokri is absolutely correct. He should avoid IBOS related issue.

Estimated 13,000 IBOS signed petition register against him because of Peter Obi. On Facebook and other social media platforms, they are the sole supporters of Peter Obi.

I attended University in IBO land several years ago. I know them very well. They make a lot of noise and they are the best in propaganda. We have several whatsapp and other social media groups. Since Muslim Muslim ticket began, I receive over 200 propaganda messages daily across various groups. Some of those messages are very bad, very bad. High level of falsehood and false alarm just to discredit Tinubu.

You cannot change or convince them, we know them from school. Baba Ahmed knows Obi cannot get 6% in Core North. I can tell you that Obi cannot get 10% in South West.

Obi is South East Social media candidate.

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by Asour: 9:01pm On Jul 24, 2022
Salym:

Please you shouldn't be making unfounded claims. How would you just equate core northerners to extremism and by what standards do you define extremism?
You should know that Muslims do not just dislike social media but they do dislike immoral and bad actions on social media- which I'm sure you also do. Alot of Islamic activities are been carried out in all the social media sites we commonly used in Nigeria. If they are Haram as you wrongly pointed out, you will never have come across preaching and other religious activities on social media.

Sorry, you misunderstood me.

I use Extreme to mean those who aren't liberal.
I don't mean Boko Haram. Core Northerners aren't liberal that's not even up for debate. I'm talking of people who couldn't even condemn what happened to Deborah 4 months ago.

My use of the word Haram was to object to Reno's point. These days it's hard to escape social media like WhatsApp. It's embedded in our lives.

My point was that Reno was inconsistent: On one hand claiming the North detests social media and then in his last paragraph claiming that they are big on Tiktok.
Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by Ameduedwin: 9:24pm On Jul 24, 2022
Bar1941:
Truth is very bitter but has to be told, majority of the electorates northerners did not even know what is called Obi, either it's food or electronics, I doubt if Obi will get up to 100k votes in the whole of the North, just like his party couldn't get 5k from Osun.

It's obvious the way electoral system is in this country you can't win an election like presidency or gubernatorial without a party with political structures. Atiku was very right.
That is why you continue to be slave under northern rules since ages, isn't the only North they vote ? So they don't vote in election in the south, West, SS/NC region ? By The hearing about North you people have feel defited already. If you remove benue, nasarawa, Jos kogi from the north, how do you think North can defit the rest of Nigeria, you people should stop that hype abeg.
Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by NaijaCowFarm: 9:36pm On Jul 24, 2022
Itopalucky:

Source: https://2023.ng/northerners-are-more-connected-to-their-radios-than-social-media-reno-omokri/

Reno, you have stayed too long in self-exile. By the way, what is pursuing you? GEJ that you served is in Nigeria, what is pursuing you?

As for your rant, was it through transistor radio broadcast that the Sokoto student heard of what was termed blasphemy against Deborah?
Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by Chigorkizz(m): 9:50pm On Jul 24, 2022
Assuming it was Obi that made the statement that 90% of Northerners are not on social media

In Reno's voice !! Peter Obi said Northerners are illiterates that don't use social media.
Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by adekolaelect(m): 9:55pm On Jul 24, 2022
Conner44:
And what makes Reno think that labor party wont shift their campaigns to the airwaves when the time comes?
when time come after election.

Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by dozymars(m): 10:14pm On Jul 24, 2022
Stop giving this deceptive guy attention.
Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by Opmic: 10:26pm On Jul 24, 2022
Throwback:
Reno should let them know that the Nigerian/Nigerian ticket is the only winning ticket.

Tinubu/Shettima
Current government
Nigerian Nigerian ticket. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Anyway be OBIdient
Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by Kingspin(m): 10:27pm On Jul 24, 2022
That connection is collateral damage
Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by Dandal: 10:37pm On Jul 24, 2022
“This does not mean they are not on the Internet. This does not also mean that they are not educated. You can be educated and have access to the Internet, without being on social media. They are not mutually exclusive. Take time to understand the North, because they understand you!

Gbam!
Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by Salym(m): 10:41pm On Jul 24, 2022
Asour:

Sorry, you misunderstood me.

I use Extreme to mean those who aren't liberal.
I don't mean Boko Haram. Core Northerners aren't liberal that's not even up for debate. I'm talking of people who couldn't even condemn what happened to Deborah 4 months ago.

My use of the word Haram was to object to Reno's point. These days it's hard to escape social media like WhatsApp. It's embedded in our lives.

My point was that Reno was inconsistent: On one hand claiming the North detests social media and then in his last paragraph claiming that they are big on Tiktok.

Oh my bad. I get your point. He contradicted himself. Even Atiku saying 90% of northerners are not on social media is false. Liberalism, as it is today, is just western perception of how everyone must behave. If you don't fit into that definition, you are an extremist. Even Nigerian Christians have rejected some of those liberal gibberish that the west is trying so hard to shove down our throats.
Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by Asour: 10:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
Salym:

Oh my bad. I get your point. He contradicted himself. Even Atiku saying 90% of northerners are not on social media is false. Liberalism, as it is today, is just western perception of how everyone must behave. If you don't fit into that definition, you are an extremist. Even Nigerian Christians have rejected some of those liberal gibberish that the west is trying so hard to shove down our throats.

I disagree with this.

Liberalism only differs in the west BECAUSE they try to codify behaviours into law often. I.e. they don't just tolerate a certain behaviour/practice BUT they try to have it enshrined in law.

Now to the bolded, Almost no Muslim in Southern Nigeria has been killed for allegedly Blaspheming the Christian Religion.

In Sokoto, 4 months — in a higher institution— in a centre of supposed literacy, a girl was Killed for a petty 'blasphemy' against Islam in broad day light. That's extremism - Not too far from Boko Haram themselves.

My brother that can't be a liberal society . Nothing to do with the west here.
Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by CaptainFM1: 1:07am On Jul 25, 2022
WibusJaga:

So we can now submit that 90% of people in the South are Obidient based on their presence on SM. cool
But it's a wrong assumption to make that 90% of Northerners will vote for Atiku.
In anycase that's an area Labour Party will have to work on especially the LP vice candidate.
Thankfully hunger & poor governance knows no tribe.

When I saw that 90% claim, I just laugh. Anyway, it's good he even talk to Nigerians. Let's all challenge Tinubu to also talk to us.

I firmly believe anyone that wants to govern the most populous black nation on earth should communicate to us the electorates.

I mean what would they be doing between now and Feb. next year? I don't like it when they stampede electorates with jingles and noises few weeks to election.

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by GoodLife4live: 1:13am On Jul 25, 2022
Conner44:

Obidient don't have to sell on radio wave... Hate speech is not allow on radio program... What are you going to tell us... Your campaign end on social media..
Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by Originalsly: 1:20am On Jul 25, 2022
successmatters:

As if radio stations don't relay news and information they get from online sources .

Do you realize you're supporting what he is saying?

@ topic ... separate the man from the message......what he is saying is on point.
Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by JoeNL22(m): 2:03am On Jul 25, 2022

Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by simongonner: 4:56am On Jul 25, 2022
Conner44:
allow them. Campaign never even start. Obi na ex governor and some think he doesn't he know how to play politics. E go shock them
Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by Backpedal: 7:08am On Jul 25, 2022
Edoreborn:
And so? This is one of the reasons these abokis think they own Nigeria..
You have said it all.
Cos folks in the South are stupid.

We frustrate and fight each other
We suppress our votes
And we do political apathy.
Getting PVC in the north is as easy as anything; especially during 2019....

Coming out to vote is also encouraged and people do vote ....s

But what do we have here ?
Re: Northerners Are More Connected To Their Radios Than Social Media – Reno Omokri by NECO1998: 9:03pm On Jul 27, 2022
[quote author=beejay85 post=11Do you purchase data to access the Radio?
Do our girls term their big asses and boobs on the radio?- these things their clerics preach against upnorth...
SM in this contest is the form where u can interact- like ,dislike,share and comment[/quote] So you never knew you can purchase data to listen to very many online radio stations? Terrible!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Jobseeker’s Allowance -presidency / Buhari's Documentary Is An Insult On Nigerians - Kayode Ogundamisi / Senator Ben Bruce retweets a post that describes Oby Ezekwesili as a 'yahoo boy'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.