Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,089 members, 7,821,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

May God Continue To Bless Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Rest In Peace Sir - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / May God Continue To Bless Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Rest In Peace Sir (928 Views)

CHIEF OBAFEMI AWOLOWO And His Achievements / Chief Obafemi Awolowo's Private Car in 1979 (photo) / Hoodlums Steal Obafemi Awolowo’s Glasses From Statue As Looting Continues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: May God Continue To Bless Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Rest In Peace Sir by chriss100: 7:24am On Jul 24, 2022
Gbogbowa:
if u are true Yoruba person you will know that our core value is omoluabi,a true Yoruba son we never identity with some one that opening identity and promote thurgery,Tinubu is a complete opposite of awolowo,awolowol will not sit Dow and see Yoruba race been slaughtered by Hausa Fulani and keep quiet like Tinubu,Awolowo lost his presidency bid because he always speak for the Yoruba's but Tinubu will allowed us to be killed to realise is ambition's, ighoho OSa was almost assassinated because of plan rally in Lagos for Yoruba nation ,Tinubu is only selfish is not a good Yoruba leader stop comparing him with awolowo,my vote is for Obi is close to awolowo in character though he is an Igbo Tinubu my foot

I understand you my brother but he only kept quiet because in order to win the presidential election in Nigeria, you need the vote of the north. I never compared Tinubu to Pa Awolowo. I didn’t even mention Tinubu’s name in my post. To be honest, it’s an insult to put Pa Awolowo’s name in the same sentence with Tinubu. Pa Awolowo is second to none. He’s a legend…. He’s my hero. No Yoruba leader compares to him. Pa Awolowo is a saint while Tinubu on the other hand is corrupt. I want you to also remember that all politicians are corrupt. None of them holy. Take note of that. Your choice isn’t holy just know that.

You see how Buhari kept quiet and deceived us so he could win the election !?! He even go church sef but what happened when he won? He did exactly what he had always had in mind which is to propagate Fulani domination in Nigeria. He had a plan, he only had to be patient and play the fool. The guy sef cry for tv but he had a plan and stuck to it.

I won’t lie to you, I was very angry with Tinubu for remaining silent when the herdsmen went all out back then. I told my younger brother back then that Tinubu Dey f up. He should have spoken up for his people and defended his people. I hated him for that back then. I said I would never forgive him. He wasn’t my first choice at all. Osinbajo was my first choice to be honest. But over time, I later looked at it from another point of view.

Tinubu is playing the long game here. I believe he has the Yoruba interest at heart and will deliver when it’s time. I might be wrong but I truly believe he has the Yoruba interest at heart. He’s simply playing the fool to get northern votes same way Buhari played Nigerians back then. Nothing beats federal might. Plus you have to admit Tinubu performed really well as Governor of Lagos State.

I was the biggest supporter of Mr Sunday Igboho. In case you don’t know, I’m all about Yoruba nation. I don’t care about Nigeria. It’s all about oduduwa for me. I still pray and push for oduduwa, even though we remain stuck in Nigeria. I’m the biggest supporter of Igboho no doubt.

You have the right to support whoever it is you want you. I can’t take that away from you. I respect your decision bro. All the best. Take care.

I can’t keep doing this replying thing on nairaland oooo. It’s not my thing honestly. Plus I don’t want to engage people from that region using fake accounts pretending to be Yoruba. I didn’t say you’re not Yoruba but I can tell you’re omoluabi by the way you approached me. If na those people, na insult them go use greet me first. Lol. God bless bro
Re: May God Continue To Bless Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Rest In Peace Sir by chriss100: 11:00am On Jul 24, 2022
Gbogbowa:
The awo of our time is Governor Akeredolu not Tinubu in everything akeredolu fits into baba awos shoe not Tinubu that was even against Amotekun if not that Aketi took his stand Yoruba race would has been slaughtered, I can't vote for somebody that will sell Yoruba race to Hausa fulani

I agree Akeredolu would definitely be our future leader, but is he on the ballot next year? I’ll take him over Tinubu in a heartbeat. Myself and my bro were so happy to see him champion the Amotekun agenda. I’m a big fan of his. Akeredolu na baba any day anytime and would have loved him to be our candidate. I’ll take Akeredolu, Fashola and Osinbajo in that order. If were to choose any of the three as our representative for president.

So I’ll stick with the Yoruba man on the ballot. Tinubu kept quiet for obvious reasons. He wanted to contest for the presidency. Na Yoruba interest dey my mind nothing more. I was also very angry with him for keeping quiet but I decided to look at it from another angle. I reiterate, Tinubu has never been my first choice but I’ll take him out the 4 present candidates. I go manage Tinubu abeg.

You have the right to choose your preferred candidate. We are all Yoruba at the end of the day so much love. Stay blessed.
Re: May God Continue To Bless Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Rest In Peace Sir by chriss100: 11:06am On Jul 24, 2022
Elliotg:
As an ijaw man, I will personally pay you back all you Yoruba media Nazis who brought Jonathan govt down. I won't forget.

Boss, You’re free to vote your candidate. But I’m sure you never said anything when the Yoruba were marginalized by Jonathan even though our region voted for him and contributed to his success at the polls. Make una no vex sha. It is well. I like Ijaw people a lot and the Niger Delta people in general. God bless.
Re: May God Continue To Bless Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Rest In Peace Sir by chriss100: 11:39am On Jul 24, 2022
aribisala0:
What is your understanding of the role/relationship of Oduduwa to those who identify as "YORUBA" today?

Hi, I feel as Yorubas we should continue to push for our nation. We have all it takes to be a vey successful and prosperous nation. We have the Human Resources to dominate. We don’t need natural resources at all to excel because of the investment in education Pa Awolowo bestowed on us. Plus you have to appreciate the Yoruba culture which is second to none. That’s why people can confidently relocate here from across the country without the fear of being marginalized or attacked by the locals. We are very peace loving, welcoming, humble and respectful. It’s frustrating when some people from that region don’t reciprocate the gesture.

Yorubas should continue to love and support one another and not allow religion divide us. That one I’m very confident will never happen. We are Yoruba first before any stupid religion.

Yorubas needs to continue to enlighten fellow Yorubas on the need to have our own country, you will realize a percentage of Yoruba people are ignorant and feel they need to remain in Nigeria. I drives me crazy when I hear some Yorubas think it’s better to remain in Nigeria. Nigeria is bound to fail and if it doesn’t, the disastrous constitution would continue to hamper our growth and development. Insecurity can’t be tackled because of the faulty constitution which bars state policing. Even if a Yoruba man enter tomorrow, another Fulani man will enter take over when power shifts back to the north and would probably ruin everything the Yoruba have already spent 8 years building. It’s frustrating

I don’t support the use of violence except when we have to defend ourselves. God knows I will volunteer to defend Oduduwa nation if we have to defend ourselves against any aggressor in the process of exiting this country. Based on my family background and educational level, I shouldn’t be the type to fight on the frontline instead na office I suppose Dey if the time comes to defend ourselves but God knows I will volunteer to fight. I swear! That’s how much I’m passionate about Oduduwa. Our leader and elites better start making the underground moves. I’m sure you know what I’m talking about. We can’t be too sure of those people up North.

So basically let’s continue to educate Yorubas on the need to have our own country. I feel that’s the most important task. The more support we have from the people, the more likely we will succeed

Thanks for asking. God bless
Re: May God Continue To Bless Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Rest In Peace Sir by MentalModulus: 11:42am On Jul 24, 2022
chriss100:
I’ll continue to enlighten my people. My Yoruba folks, please make sure you don’t allow those bitter/hateful/envious/treacherous people from that region manipulate you to despise your own. They have their agenda, but we see right through it. They are surely bound to fail. Aje!

Chief Obafemi Awolowo would be proud of us for putting Yoruba interest first. It’s what Chief Obafemi Awolowo stood for all his life. Yoruba interest was all the great man cared about. We still enjoy the immense policies he set up for us back then. For this reason and many more, the South West continues to remain the most prosperous and secure region in Nigeria. Our land is flowing with milk and honey.

Yoruba culture teaches Humility, tolerance (religious) and respect. These are traits you won’t find in the people from that region.

I’m 33, so don’t think I’m some old head living in the past. The new generation Yorubas would continue to push for Oduduwa Nation and by the grace of almighty God, we will achieve it. IFA GBO MI…. ASE!! ASE!!! ASE!!!!

Much love and respect to the people of the Niger Delta and the Christian minorities in the North. I also pray you get your own individual nations.

Pa Awolowo, your children will forever be grateful. We will achieve the Yoruba nation you always dreamed of. God bless the Yoruba people in Jesus name. May God bless you sir and may your soul continue to Rest In Peace. Amen

Bro, i sent you an email.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Face Of The Bandits War Lords In Nigeria - BBC (vid) / I Million #obident Match In Imo State- Hope Uzodinma Eats His Words. / Breaking: Rivers State Governor Wike Speaking Beni Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.