Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,374 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Remorse After Leaving My Job - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Remorse After Leaving My Job (24606 Views)

Ever Been Embarrassed By An Ex-Employer After Leaving The Job? / Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:42pm On Jul 25, 2022
This country is completely doomed and people are still giving birth undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Pk01(m): 12:44pm On Jul 25, 2022
cutesier:
I was working in a hotel industry where was paid 20k a month as a porter in ph city and I thought I was under-paid so I sorted to leave the job hoping to get another one Asap!
Since January till now all I can see it still is still 20k job........

Do I go back to my former company?

Or do I still keep looking?

Pls I need your advice cause my degree they waste and sapa na my neighbor!
go and look for keke or bike to be riding...

3 Likes

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by sprinter101(m): 12:44pm On Jul 25, 2022
cutesier:
I was working in a hotel industry where was paid 20k a month as a porter in ph city and I thought I was under-paid so I sorted to leave the job hoping to get another one Asap!

Keep applying u will get something better,but u for no live that former job,u keep applying from there till something better comes up

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Emma1Oj(m): 12:44pm On Jul 25, 2022
nifemi25:
A degree holder earning 20k as salary . Something is not cleared . Either the poster is lying or he doesn't want to reveal his real income
G, u no go understand...

2 Likes

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by AkuOlisa: 12:45pm On Jul 25, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
Zanzibar1:
I am a teacher. I work in a school that pays 18k.

It's rough out here but nobody go dash me that 18k

And some security guards are earning 30k-70k in port Harcourt.
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Onyipk: 12:47pm On Jul 25, 2022
fluffybaby:
You don't throwaway what you already have in hand because of what you think you can have. Next time get the job you prefer before quiting

It is not always like that. I had someone who worked in a school in the west and her sister fell from a storied building and was rushed to the hospital. The school refused to grant her permission to go stay with the sister at the hospital. Three days later, her sister died in her absence and in bitterness of heart she resigned.
Why, her sister's friend who turned out to be suspicious was the one at the hospital until her sister died.
If your job is toxic, please leave it as that job is not a God.
Let him accept another 20k job while he searches for another or while he takes an assessment of his life on his positive strengths and see what he can do for himself.

It is well.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Raxxye(m): 12:47pm On Jul 25, 2022
jesmond3945:
What skills or degree do you have? Dont shortchange yourself.
Na so!
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Ericdeezy: 12:47pm On Jul 25, 2022
Zanzibar1:
If better offer dey, you no go see me with chalk or marker bros undecided

There is no way i want to explain that youll understand. i left nysc since and been job hunting with no luck coupled with societal rejection.
To learn a skill or certification, i need money. Does Zanzibar1 has the money ? no he doesnt.

Apart from feeding, to raise money i need a job. Out here good paying jobs are like a unicorn. I have no one to dash me money for certification or a roof over my head.

Where in the country are you based?
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by kinzd(m): 12:47pm On Jul 25, 2022
Bros abeg lie small small

akpumping7720
:

It is well bro. Here on the island, SSCE holders working in hotels are earning up to N50,000 monthly. Those in large shopping malls net in not less than N70,000 monthly extra time and straight shift inclusive. But the cost of living here is on the high side
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Hassanmaye(m): 12:48pm On Jul 25, 2022
nifemi25:
A degree holder earning 20k as salary . Something is not cleared . Either the poster is lying or he doesn't want to reveal his real income
You don't what happening. Mtsww Many graduate are earning 20k 15k salary teaching in secondary school you are opening mouth
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by tunnex190: 12:49pm On Jul 25, 2022
sageb:

which area in Port Harcourt do you reside?
Do you have culinary/cooking skills?
There is a hotel job vacancy for an experienced chef.

Bros, I live at Ada George, Chinda. I have the skills. How do I apply?
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by greenermodels: 12:49pm On Jul 25, 2022
BalticGold:
If you go around PH busy areas, you will see young men frying snacks by the roadside, join them, learn their trade and lack of money will be a thing of the past. That is what l do for a living, and l am enjoying it. I use to work with an oil servicing company but the pay was not encouraging. When l was introduced to this business, l left the job, l am thanking God l did. On a bad month l pay myself at least 300k.
My ten pence.
bros,please, I am based in Onitsha and searching for something for my babe to be doing prior to our marriage next year,can you give me more details on this? Thank you and remain blessed.
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Skinolee(m): 12:50pm On Jul 25, 2022
Mmmmm, mine has been 8 months still hunting for job. Can't go back to my previous work bcoz I resigned hotel Job. If you want learn work d money d oga go ask you bring no b moimoi. I Trust JESUS all go b story.

3 Likes

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Acidosis(m): 12:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
galantjoe:
Firstbank is recruiting for fresh graduates, 27yo and below

LOL. How many can first bank recruit? 100 graduate trainees out of over 50k applications?

Statistically, the remaining 49,900 applicants may have to apply for new jobs at least 499 times to get such offer.

That's the statistical implication of such offers.

Those who have a way of removing themselves from the terrific competitiveness in the educational and employment market don't know what God has done for them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Hassanmaye(m): 12:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
Kola5281:

Seems like you dunno how the country is bro. The job i resgned from early this month as a lab technologist, i was being paid 20K monthly and i worked there for months. Till now i still dey find job sha.
That's the situation we find ourselves in this country. Most people don't have other options than to accept to hold body before you create something for yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by workchopNG: 12:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
Zanzibar1:

There is no way i want to explain that youll understand. i left nysc since and been job hunting with no luck coupled with societal rejection.
To learn a skill or certification, i need money. Does Zanzibar1 has the money ? no he doesnt.

Apart from feeding, to raise money i need a job. Out here good paying jobs are like a unicorn. I have no one to dash me money for certification or a roof over my head.

I understand your plight bro... but I'm just wondering how you survive with 18k in a month. Highest I can manage 18k on my food alone is 2 weeks.

Let me tell you, if you're waiting for money or laptop to learn a skill you might wait far longer. I learned Web design 10 years ago with Nokia 3110c with partial screen damage and a notebook.

I was using Etisalat then because they give me 10Mb on every #100 recharge. So, I'll use that 10mb to visit tizag, w3school, and nairaland webmaster section. As I'm learning html, css, etc, I'll be writing it down on a notebook.

I got a laptop after nysc, then I started practicing. Today, I sub 120GB/month of which I exhaust in less than a month most times.

The time and data you spend on social media and nairaland can be channeled to a site where you'll learn a digital skill. There are many of them. Forget video tutorials, go for written content.

Remember, 90% of Americans are doing what they don't have passion for to put food on their tables and pay bills. Where am I driving at? learn a skill even if you don't have passion for it. Make the money and then follow your passion.

Don't take this advice for granted.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Holysax29(m): 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2022
cutesier:

Thankfully, something has been sustaining you since January, I won't advice you settle for a 20k job.
Try set up a small scale business then learn a skill, it might take a while but I can guarantee you'll make more than 20k a week.

1 Like

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by MCKAY82(m): 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2022
Move as u move...
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Onyipk: 12:58pm On Jul 25, 2022
doggedfighter:

Arrant nonsense from a brainwashed religious fanatic !

It is only a fool that says there is no God. Leave anyone who believes in God alone for that person may seem like a fool or a mumu to you BUT in actual fact, this God we call Jehovah never forsakes his own.

Another thing you must realise is that some problems are more spiritual than physical for while some are suffering bondage from "village people" attacks, others are simply in their wilderness period of life.

While he is looking out for another job, let him take an assessment of his life on his strengths and see what he can do for himself BUT in all his doing please he should back it up with serious prayers.

Peace.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by WatchYourSix: 12:59pm On Jul 25, 2022
nifemi25:

This one does not know anything....
Mayb you just arrived...
Welcome to nigeria...

5 Likes

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by jericco1(m): 12:59pm On Jul 25, 2022
cutesier:

Yes I'm a graduate, nysc all completed

What?
You're joking right
With all the online platform out there you are doing 20k job. I'm disappointed in you sir

1 Like

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by neonly: 12:59pm On Jul 25, 2022
Zanzibar1:

Where someone dat stays in my house free food free data free food free clothes free medical free dstv free house
Dat person still want death
He dat has cap no get head I swear

2 Likes

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by dangermouse(m): 1:03pm On Jul 25, 2022
nifemi25:
I take it youdont reside in Nigeria.
If you do, then you will not be making this statement.

The truth is there is no job.

How much do you think bank tellers are being paid on monthly bases? How much do think telecommunication staff are being being paid?

3 Likes

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by obataokenwa(m): 1:03pm On Jul 25, 2022
cutesier:

Go and drive bolt/Uber for someone and be serious. If you determine to save at least 10k everyday, u don save 90k a month be that. The problem is alot of graduate are lazy and believe only on employment. Only weekends if you're serious, u will make upto 60k. Get salary work out of your brain and start...when u do, learn how to honour everyone you meet and tolerate them...see where u will be in three months. Good luck

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by kissdreyalltime: 1:09pm On Jul 25, 2022
Can you teach me how to use canva ?
08029033042 please numo
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Udemzy05: 1:12pm On Jul 25, 2022
cutesier:

Omo this life no just balance.
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by truthCoder: 1:14pm On Jul 25, 2022
cutesier:

Rumuodomaya Area, I worked as a porter in my previous job......
Cooking ability nope!
But I can work as a receptionist, waiter, supervisor!

If u were you, i would not have said nope to cooking ability.

What do basic hotels serve? Noodles, Rice and Swallow.

You should have gotten someone to ahow you how to cook these. You could even learn in 2 days by being a mama put apprentice.

You need to change your mindset.

Let them fail you at the interview before you fail yourself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by MondayOsunbor(m): 1:15pm On Jul 25, 2022
cutesier:

go for deliverance serious not every fight is physical
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by mecuries(m): 1:15pm On Jul 25, 2022
why would you leave when you were yet to find a replacement? doesn't sound smart to me
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by Nyanabo(m): 1:16pm On Jul 25, 2022
Cuteseir, follow Obiora Kenneth Chinwuba on Facebook. The guys post loads of job openings. Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by sonssyo: 1:20pm On Jul 25, 2022
cutesier:

What is your course of study?
Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by lolu2019: 1:21pm On Jul 25, 2022
cutesier:

hah,guy enter construction work. Try and build urself from there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apply For The MTN Nigeria Fresh Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / First Bank Assessment Centre (graduate Trainee Phase 2) / Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.