Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) (3516 Views)

They Moved The Exchange Rate From N200 To N800 - Tinubu At Cross-river APC Rally / Tinubu: I Didn't Travel To France And I am Still The Jagaban / Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by chase4(m): 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
The presidential candidate of APC in the coming presidential elections, told a group of people expressed concern over the falling value of the Naira that he is not worried about the exchange rate because their salaries should be in Naira and they are not importers. He further said that perhaps it is a lesson for us to depend on our domestic product.
Does earning our salaries in Naira insulate us from the negative effects of the falling value of the Naira? What are your thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ck3anuYfUI

1 Share

Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by Jashub: 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2022
Someone that said corn and cassava would be the theme of things would not understand the basics of how the exchange rate would affect the society

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by MadeInTokyo: 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2022
The presidential candidate of APC in the coming presidential elections, told a group of people expressed concern over the falling value of the Naira that he is not worried about the exchange rate because their salaries should be in Naira and they are not importers. He further said that perhaps it is a lesson for us to depend on our domestic product
Can u imagine., The thrash this thing Tinubu is emanating
Only shameless zombies whose brains have been contaminated with radioactive waste, still supports this thing called Tinubu

29 Likes

Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2022
Nigerians will learn the hard way...

We get untamed culture when it comes to massive importation and that needs to stop, e dey kill us...
What is the essence of importing when u no get anything to export in order to balance am

OG baller see small change wey hin suppose dey manage, werey go club go use am buy ace of spade, henny,etc.. whereas odogwu bitters dey dere o wey hin suppose reason o, no be to high.... pesin wey sell am go wan restock, hence the money go back to the manufacturer wey no employ a single nigeria o, and hin dey pay hin workers in dollars... retailer don dey signal manufacturer for another batch, manufacturer no go collect naira, na dolls hin go dey request for, our forex reserve go come receive another blow..
OG baller could have bought odogwu bitters, the money go stay in Nigeria, Cubana go employ more worker as per massive and steady cashout for him, workers wey hin employ go dey collect steady salary, every month the worker go dey happy to go home to his wife with something, wife fit get mind go market to go buy something, seller sef go reason farmer the surge wey she experience in the market, farmer go reason hin guyz wey don lock up on farming, this guyz go dust their implement, scarcity no go dey again, everybody wan sell hin produce on time, competition go dey, hence price of diz cocommodity go drop....money go dey flow within the system rather than staying somewhere in U.S

Rather than wearing Fendi, Balenciaga, etc wear our local fabrics at least encourage fashion designers, change the mindset of that little boy or girl wey no wan learn tailoring coz he or she feels nigeria prefer designers to local fabrics clothe, u will be surprised what he/she can do with our local fabrics...
Let showcase our fabrics to the world, let's make dem import our fabrics, make we sef chop their dollar small...

Rather than using Lexus, glk, innoson dey dere..

When we realize this, everywhere go dey okay...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by SlurUsername1: 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2022
Tinubu teaching ipob gala and pure hawkers sellers crying about dollar rise Economics 101.
Live it for those doing business in dollars to protest or complain about.
We're yet to see the importers and exporters do so.
So mechionu, with ur 10k per month teaching job salary

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by NobleStag007: 4:47pm On Jul 24, 2022
MadeInTokyo:
One zombies whose brain has been contaminated with radioactive waste, still supports this thing called Tinubu

My man.. Chop knuckles

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by newbornmacho(m): 4:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
Yamiriflathead:
Tinubu teaching ipob gala and pure hawkers sellers crying about dollar rise Economics 101.
So mechionu, with u 10k per month salary teaching job salary

Chai see how a youth is reasoning...tueh!!!!!!!

22 Likes

Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by SlurUsername1: 4:53pm On Jul 24, 2022
newbornmacho:

Chai see how a youth is reasoning...tueh!!!!!!!

Shut up, grow home made products and stop being overly dependent on the dollar.
Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by jkpbestseries: 4:55pm On Jul 24, 2022
d government cant fight to bring down the exchange rate.... I dont know what they are thinking
Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by ariwaonye: 4:56pm On Jul 24, 2022
Dear Nigerians, I'm not a politicians, nor a fan of any politician..
We are all Nigerians, although that we have been greatly divided along ethnic and religious lines..
Infact I'm Obidient...
But, please I beg you all to tune down on these height of insults especially to these elderly state men..
Mr. Tinubu may have his ills, but insulting him at his age in this manner is uncalled for..
Do you know that you can make your scathing remarks or criticism without insulting any one..
I beg you my people, please let's reason .
God bless you..

MadeInTokyo:

One shameless zombies whose brains have been contaminated with radioactive waste, still supports this thing called Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by ambale(m): 5:01pm On Jul 24, 2022
Yamiriflathead:

And who told you the importers are not groaning, Clearing agents had gone on strike this year due to harsh policies, Bread makers are currently on strike,

A PC is triple of what is being sold in January and you are here saying all this

I wonder if you stay in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by SlurUsername1: 5:04pm On Jul 24, 2022
No
ambale:

And who told you the importers are not groaning, Clearing agents had gone on strike this year due to harsh policies, Bread makers are currently on strike,

A PC is triple of what is being sold in January and you are here saying all this

I wonder if you stay in Nigeria.

Why are they not protesting
Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by ambale(m): 5:06pm On Jul 24, 2022
Yamiriflathead:

Shut up, grow home made products and stop being overly dependent on the dollar.

And you think you are a great economist right, the world is a global village and you must bring something to the table

Even the world powers depends on Russia for gas supply, are they also useless??

What we need to do is balance our trade up, let's export more, and it doesn't have to be products

Tech has shown to be a big business in the global space, and our own government are shading shadows by clamping down on startups with their unreasonable policies

Without a balance in our trade, we would go worse in the international stage

As if your politicians can even do without taking forex for their useless World tour

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by Obidient4life2: 5:07pm On Jul 24, 2022
This man's economic illiteracy is worse than that of Buhari!

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by pongwa(m): 5:15pm On Jul 24, 2022
chase4:

The presidential candidate of APC in the coming presidential elections, told a group of people expressed concern over the falling value of the Naira that he is not worried about the exchange rate because their salaries should be in Naira and they are not importers. He further said that perhaps it is a lesson for us to depend on our domestic product.
Does earning our salaries in Naira insulate us from the negative effects of the falling value of the Naira? What are your thoughts?
I agree with him on this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ck3anuYfUI
na im make am rise? Buhari and his govt should wake the Bleep up
Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by pacesetting: 5:19pm On Jul 24, 2022
Imagine question.
The final consumers are the ones suffering the brunt of the exchange rate palaver.........not the importers. Why would they protest against a government that has no ears.

Do you know how many people lost their lives during endsars protest?

How about the ASUU strike that has been lingering for over six months?

Yamiriflathead:
No

Why are they not protesting

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by Betanaija42moro: 5:19pm On Jul 24, 2022
Definitely going to be the worst president if he wins

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by PlayerMeji: 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2022
Lolling..

Haba, una no dey go break nii?

Its Sunday and everywhere its been Tinubu this,Tinubu that! Haba

You just showed an ultra edited video we don't know what question he was asked and you edited the video leaving bare bones..

My verdict is you are an idumb for fooling people to waste data to watch your rubbish!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by SlurUsername1: 5:26pm On Jul 24, 2022
ambale:

And you think you are a great economist right, the world is a global village and you must bring something to the table

Even the world powers depends on Russia for gas supply, are they also useless??

What we need to do is balance our trade up, let's export more, and it doesn't have to be products

Tech has shown to be a big business in the global space, and our own government are shading shadows by clamping down on startups with their unreasonable policies

Without a balance in our trade, we would go worse in the international stage

As if your politicians can even do without taking forex for their useless World tour

Taking forex for world tours that would attract investments into the country, boost the economy, increase self sufficiency and increase the naira value ultimately is different from taking foreign exchange to flood the Nigerian market with foreign goods when we should be producing them.
One identifys a problems and seeks to solve it, the other is the PROBLEM.
We should be canvassing and agitating for subsidies, decrease in tax remittances to the government, not trying to play smart by importing everything to the country just because our people sing hallelujah and are arms stretched to everything foreign.
Has the government created enough room and the right environment for business startups to flourish, not exactly.
Is there room for improvement? Definitely
Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by mycar: 5:29pm On Jul 24, 2022
That's their plan, raise the exchange rate, sell dollar higher in the black market to make more naira to pay salary at the detriment of our naira purchasing power. To him, you have to be an importer or exporter to fill the impact of the high exchange rate. A serious government would have given the enabling environment to our production industrials, reach out to other countries for the supply of the goods that we can produce in Nigeria, buy from the locals for export and most especial, promote peace that will provide the enabling environment other than nepotism and segregation that have constantly drawing us back.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 24, 2022
Too much foolish people in one place.

Isn't what peter obi, the south korean presidential candidate has been saying.

That we should focus on production.

So what is the difference between Tinubu and obi's advice.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by Betanaija42moro: 5:34pm On Jul 24, 2022
Yamiriflathead:

Hmmm! See reasoning from a supposed youth and probably a graduate

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by SlurUsername1: 5:34pm On Jul 24, 2022
pacesetting:
Imagine question.
The final consumers are the ones suffering the brunt of the exchange rate palaver.........not the importers. Why would they protest against a government that has no ears.

Do you know how many people lost their lives during endsars protest?

How about the ASUU strike that has been lingering for over six months?

So therefore our borders should be left porous? That is your problem, I am not feeling the brunt of any exchange rate because I don't have to depend on foreign products, the ripple effects? Not my business as long as I can sell my farm products conveniently n earn money equivalent to my sweat. I stay in the north and I make do with strictly Nigerian products and maybe u should do the same.
Our government has found a way to reduce our over dependence on forex, yes there's been some set backs but we will definitely scale through.
Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by creatorsverse(m): 5:34pm On Jul 24, 2022
U
Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:35pm On Jul 24, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
Too much foolish people in one place.

Isn't what peter obi, the south korean presidential candidate has been saying.

That we should focus on production.

So what is the difference between Tinubu and obi's advice.

Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by DOTian: 5:35pm On Jul 24, 2022
This coming from an agbodorian mutant that flies more than two foreign built private jets is very rich..
Where are the local alternatives to the imported goods?
You are encouraging the consumption of some local products that don't exist because of governments failure to invest on infastructural developments?

If there are not much local quality alternatives to imported goods at the time the exchange rate is high while the salary structure/compensation policies are stagnated, what are the ordinary people expected to do? Eat themselves

1 Like

Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 24, 2022
[quote author= post=115046501][/quote]

Fake news merchant
Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by ambale(m): 5:38pm On Jul 24, 2022
Yamiriflathead:

Taking forex for world tours that would attract investments into the country, boost the economy, increase self sufficiency and increase the naira value ultimately is different from taking foreign exchange to flood the Nigerian market with foreign goods when we should be producing them.
One identifys a problems and seeks to solve it, the other is the PROBLEM.
We should be canvassing and agitating for subsidies, decrease in tax remittances to the government, not trying to play smart by importing everything to the country just because our people sing hallelujah and are arms stretched to everything foreign.
Has the government created enough room and the right environment for business startups to flourish, not exactly.
Is there room for improvement? Definitely

Can you please give us one benefit of buhari foreign trips in the last seven years

Just one

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Fake news merchant

Tinubu allegedly victimised over 15,000 workers over their role in the agitation for a better minimum wage, and has refused to pay them their entitlements since February 2001,

Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 24, 2022
post=115046793:

Tinubu allegedly victimised over 15,000 workers over their role in the agitation for a better minimum wage, and has refused to pay them their entitlements since February 2001,

1 Like

Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:52pm On Jul 24, 2022
[quote author=thebosstrevor1 post=115046946][/quote]

Re: Tinubu - "I Am Not Worried About The Exchange Rate"(see His Reason) by pacesetting: 5:52pm On Jul 24, 2022
Oh, you stay in the North, that's why you think it's not your problem. No matter where you stay, a poor exchange rate will affect you directly or indirectly.

And by saying it's not your problem tilts towards a selfish thinking - something most Nigerian politicians have in common. No wonder your comments.

And at the bolded, there is no such thing as consuming only Nigerian products. That is where I'm writing you off in your argument, because we can argue until eternity and you will still not see reasons.

By the way, your moniker has given you away, so have a nice day.

Yamiriflathead:

So therefore our borders should be left porous? That is your problem, I am not feeling the brunt of any exchange rate because I don't have to depend on foreign products, the ripple effects? Not my business as long as I can sell my farm products conveniently n earn money equivalent to my sweat. I stay in the north and I make do with strictly Nigerian products and maybe u should do the same.
Our government has found a way to reduce our over dependence on forex, yes there's been some set backs but we will definitely scale through.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video: Peter Obi Get A Loud Ovation At RCCG Redemption Camp . / Nama Hails New Tyres, Tubes Factory In Enugu / Silami:you Ask Why Northerners! Are Hated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.