Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,619 members, 7,823,708 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Please Help Me Explain This Scan Code (PHOTO) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help Me Explain This Scan Code (PHOTO) (532 Views)

Got This Scan, Please Help / Please Help Me Explain This... I’m New To Car / Help Me Explain This Gear Automatic System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Explain This Scan Code (PHOTO) by kbshow100(m): 5:43pm On Jul 24, 2022
My check engine light is on(Honda civic 2006) , i scan the vehicle, below is the fault code i get. Can some please help me explain the errors. Thank you in advance

Re: Please Help Me Explain This Scan Code (PHOTO) by kernniejay(m): 6:24pm On Jul 24, 2022
kbshow100:
My check engine light is on(Honda civic 2006) , i scan the vehicle, below is the fault code i get. Can some please help me explain the errors. Thank you in advance
Hello.
Here are likely causes and possible solutions.
P0497 - Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System Low Purge Flow. Let a technician check the EVAP pressure sensor or the wiring around it. There could be a shorted or open circuit. Also the EVAP lines or hose could be cracked or broken. One of the above could have happened, let them check it thoroughly.

P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1.
If you are not experiencing ignition issues such as difficulty in starting or jerking, then it's not fuel injector or plugs. It seems you drive often in heavy traffic. It may be that your catalyst is being blocked by carbon. First, take the car out on a speed drive on the highway free of traffic. Drive non-stop at about 100km/h on a day that road is very free (e.g. Sunday), if you are in Lagos you can run Thirdmainland bridge to and fro for about three times or Lagos/Ibadan expressway and turn back around the interchange and do another 100km/h back again on a free day. The exhaust will breath well and the catalyst will be free and the code will go.

P0455 - This problem is related to the first code above. If you still have this code after taking the above actions, then it may be that you are using bad or wrong fuel filler cap (tank cover) or when you were filling your fuel tank at a petrol station or from jerrican at home, your car ignition was still ON and the sensor saw the opening as a major leak and register it as a code, all other things being equal.
Re: Please Help Me Explain This Scan Code (PHOTO) by kbshow100(m): 7:35pm On Jul 24, 2022
kernniejay:

Hello.
Here are likely causes and possible solutions.
P0497 - Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System Low Purge Flow. Let a technician check the EVAP pressure sensor or the wiring around it. There could be a shorted or open circuit. Also the EVAP lines or hose could be cracked or broken. One of the above could have happened, let them check it thoroughly.

P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1.
If you are not experiencing ignition issues such as difficulty in starting or jerking, then it's not fuel injector or plugs. It seems you drive often in heavy traffic. It may be that your catalyst is being blocked by carbon. First, take the car out on a speed drive on the highway free of traffic. Drive non-stop at about 100km/h on a day that road is very free (e.g. Sunday), if you are in Lagos you can run Thirdmainland bridge to and fro for about three times or Lagos/Ibadan expressway and turn back around the interchange and do another 100km/h back again on a free day. The exhaust will breath well and the catalyst will be free and the code will go.

P0455 - This problem is related to the first code above. If you still have this code after taking the above actions, then it may be that you are using bad or wrong fuel filler cap (tank cover) or when you were filling your fuel tank at a petrol station or from jerrican at home, your car ignition was still ON and the sensor saw the opening as a major leak and register it as a code, all other things being equal.
thank you very much sir. I really appreciate your explanation, i will recommend it to the mechanic.

Thank you so much

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Another Truck Trapped Under A Bridge In Cape Town / 2009 Corolla / Corolla 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.