Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Got This Scan, Please Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Got This Scan, Please Help (620 Views)

Please Help Me Explain This Scan Code (PHOTO) / Honda Dc Not Moving And Have Been Scan.please Help / Need A Mechanic To Scan, Please Recommend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Got This Scan, Please Help by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 21, 2023
Hello guys, I did some work on my car last week which included replacing ball joints, bearings and bushings. Yesterday, I discovered that my gear wasn't selecting very well but I still drove it back home without any issue. This morning I was on my way to work when the car stopped moving, only reverse gear works. I parked it there and called a mechanic. He checked the gear oil and to my greatest surprise, the gear oil was gone, it started leaking after that repair. Check engine light came on immediately and I scanned it and got the below code. We got a gearbox oil and refilled but it didn't help. He said the gear is gone. My car is 2005 toyota corolla.

Re: Got This Scan, Please Help by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 21, 2023
He said he has alternative for me. That he has a gearbox expert that can fix the gear for 60k. That since I have never worked on the before, that they can fix it back good. Kindly advise.
Re: Got This Scan, Please Help by OgaKazeem(m): 11:23pm On Mar 21, 2023
henro4niger:
He said he has alternative for me. That he has a gearbox expert that can fix the gear for 60k. That since I have never worked on the before, that they can fix it back good. Kindly advise.
the guy na road side tech abi e know book small?
i will not advice you repair any gear. except if the the problem is an electrical fault.
just close eye and get another direct tokunbo gear for peace of mind.
not to scare you, but i have seen many mechanics promise heaven and earth that repairing will work only for you to spend alot of money and then realise it wont work. las las na replacement you go do.

3 Likes

Re: Got This Scan, Please Help by Nobody: 5:13am On Mar 22, 2023
OgaKazeem:

the guy na road side tech abi e know book small?
i will not advice you repair any gear. except if the the problem is an electrical fault.
just close eye and get another direct tokunbo gear for peace of mind.
not to scare you, but i have seen many mechanics promise heaven and earth that repairing will work only for you to spend alot of money and then realise it wont work. las las na replacement you go do.
Alright, thanks a lot
Re: Got This Scan, Please Help by baconline(m): 7:30am On Mar 22, 2023
The mechanic is right, as long as it's just the clutches inside the gear that got burnt due to oil shortage it's repairable

2 Likes

Re: Got This Scan, Please Help by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 22, 2023
baconline:
The mechanic is right, as long as it's just the clutches inside the gear that got burnt due to oil shortage it's repairable

Thanks buddy
Re: Got This Scan, Please Help by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 22, 2023
@Gazzuzz what do you think?
Re: Got This Scan, Please Help by Angrygoat: 11:44am On Mar 22, 2023
Did u check the hose suppling gear oil to see if its leaking both up and down of engine.
Re: Got This Scan, Please Help by AutoConsult: 1:57pm On Mar 22, 2023
This is weird. The only way your transmission oil will dry up is if it's leaking somewhere. There is a possibility your technician did something else on your vehicle, or he drove it recklessly while driving it.

Your vehicle needs a comprehensive diagnostic imo. If the vehicle is at your place, I'll advise you invite another technician to run a check on it. If not, I think it's best you just change the transmission. Nothing adds up here.
Re: Got This Scan, Please Help by OgaKazeem(m): 3:26pm On Mar 22, 2023
AutoConsult:
This is weird. The only way your transmission oil will dry up is if it's leaking somewhere. There is a possibility your technician did something else on your vehicle, or he drove it recklessly while driving it.

Your vehicle needs a comprehensive diagnostic imo. If the vehicle is at your place, I'll advise you invite another technician to run a check on it. If not, I think it's best you just change the transmission. Nothing adds up here.

seconded...

1 Like

Re: Got This Scan, Please Help by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 22, 2023
AutoConsult:

Thanks your your insightful contribution but I stated in the post that there was a leak which I believe started after that repair of "balancing rod bushing" which he removed a lot of components to access the rod during the repair. Going back to where I normally park, I see lots of oil on the ground.
Re: Got This Scan, Please Help by OgaKazeem(m): 4:16pm On Mar 22, 2023
henro4niger:

Thanks your your insightful contribution but I stated in the post that there was a leak which I believe started after that repair of "balancing rod bushing" which he removed a lot of components to access the rod during the repair. Going back to where I normally park, I see lots of oil on the ground.
haaaa na where wahala start be that.
since refilling with oil didnt solve it, you are now considering repairing right?

sha no waste money ooo
Re: Got This Scan, Please Help by AutoConsult: 5:13pm On Mar 22, 2023
henro4niger:

Too bad. The transmission is most likely gone I'm afraid. If the transmission has cracked, it's alluminion, there's nothing they can do about it. Asking to repair it will be an attempt to scam you. But if a detachable part is what is where the leak is from, then they can replace it and go ahead to change the clutches cos I'm sure they've already burnt out.

1 Like

Re: Got This Scan, Please Help by Greatest100(m): 5:54pm On Mar 22, 2023
It can be repaired. Look for a good auto transmission technician in your area. whats your location? if you are in phc, i have a good hand for you...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Timing On A Honda Motorcycle / FRSC Seeks Divine Intervention In Lagos-ibadan Road Crashes / Car Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.