Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,348 members, 7,860,902 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:27 PM

Talking To Everyone In Business Is Appealing To No One. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Talking To Everyone In Business Is Appealing To No One. (93 Views)

Noodle Packaging Boxes: How To Make Your Product Appealing To Kids & Adults / How To Make Your Website Design Look Appealing To Your Visitors? / Best & Most Appealing Pre-wedding Shot (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Talking To Everyone In Business Is Appealing To No One. by TavershimaAyede(m): 10:27pm On Jul 24, 2022
It’s easy to try to speak to everyone when trying to get a business going. After all you have no idea who your ideal customer might be right?

It’s something I struggled with early in my content journey.

It took a while to see that trying to appeal to everyone was going to get me nowhere with no one in particular.

When I got comfortable with talking about sales and ONLY SALES, it was then I started making progress with a small cohort who are interested in listening to what I have to say.

They come for the sales talk and nothing else.

I’m under no pressure to create any other kind of content and I’m free from trying to be polished and popular.

It’s the same for content as with business in general.

If you try resonating with everyone, you resonate with no one in particular.

Take a guess in the dark as to who your target audience might be and go after them. Don’t try to appeal to the whole world.

If you guess wrong, take the feedback from this failed attempt and try again.

That’s the beauty of the discipline of sales. Nothing really is a failure so long as you can take market feedback and carry it over to your next campaign.

With each salvo you’ll get closer to the bulls eye.

(1) (Reply)

AWS Training In Bangalore / Digital Marketing Courses / Full Stack Developer Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.