Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,537 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? (35821 Views)

Resume Medical Studies In The Caribbean, Relocate And Graduate In USA Or Canada / The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Flashaldrin(m): 12:48am On Jul 31, 2011
My cousin just out from secondary school was recently given admission to study medicine and surgery in madonna, even without his o' levels.

All he did was to go to the school, he bought and filled out their form (N6500). After that, he was there and then subjected to an impromptu written interview, which he passed easily, (he said it was very cheap and elementary). Then he was told to carry out and bring his lab tests at the nearby lab, and after submitting and filling other forms, he was told to pay his school fees and start school as soon as possible.

Now we all know how hard it is to gain admission, not to mention medicine and surgery and add to that the recent withdrawals of accreditations of the medicine department of various schools.

So i want to know if their is anything phony about the admission, if the school have/ever had, accreditation to study medicine and what their academic programme is like. Do students graduate at expected time?e is like. Do students graduate at expected time?
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by awizzy1(m): 1:10am On Jul 31, 2011
I will advice he stays away from madonna university, pls I am begging you, the school is crap,forget whatever you are told.they admit everyday,they all about the money, I can't stay explaining in details but just stay away from the school.
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by awizzy1(m): 1:16am On Jul 31, 2011
My mates are still in 400l and they have spent 6yrs, I lft there 2007 and believe me I'm better off today.I know what I'm telling you. personally when I'm ready for that school I will deal With them my way ,I will make sure that school goes down if Father Edeh and his Demons don't change their ways, stay away oooo, he should not make the mistake of paying the fee ooo, take my advice and do all you can to stop him even if it takes ur last blood, you will thank me for this,
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by awizzy1(m): 1:21am On Jul 31, 2011
I have refused to say anything about your question cos that's another story line that will make me bitter for the next 6months, I don't wanna start men, just google it site and see 0.0000000000001 of their rubbish
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 31, 2011
This is serious!
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Flashaldrin(m): 10:29am On Jul 31, 2011
Wow, this is immense!
Thanks wizzy for the info, but i would like more info or reasons please, cos i need facts to convince him, before person go call me bad belle.
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by awizzy1(m): 11:39am On Jul 31, 2011
From Good Facilities to giving you value for your money, they lack it all.Students are treated like slaves in the name of discipline.I really can't say much man,I don't want to sound bias,I have experienced it, MU is not a place train anybody,I really give thanks to God for letting some of my freinds survive it.if his parents can afford to take him to MU, why not try some institutions in Ghana,ukraine and Romanian, they have good medical schools that are affordable, I will let you know more of what goes on in there from Extortion,Bad facilities to Maltreatment and intimidation.that's when when I'm in my activist Mode, right now I don't want to spoil my mood, cheers

Discourage his parents plssSsss
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Dclique(m): 4:37am On Aug 01, 2011
Wow, i knew it was bad but not this bad you guys are making it sound like hell.
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Flashaldrin(m): 10:12am On Aug 01, 2011
NLanders i need more opinions and facts please, its a serious decision.
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by steeze(m): 12:52pm On Aug 02, 2011
I strongly implore u to take a wizzy's advice. The school is a nightmare. I used to be a student there so i know. I left the school in 2008 and i was in elele campus. For a very long time Father Edeh kept lyin to us that Medicine was accredited even though it wasn't. No one ever graduated from Medicine. My friends i left there are still in 500l A or B depending on the year they enrolled. People just keep piling up but they haven't graduated because d course hasn't been accreditied. Even the way they treat students there is horrible despite the school fees that they pay. You could be expelled over even the most trivial issue. They won't care if you're in final year or 100level. Since he is just starting out, try to avoid that school at least for your cousin's happiness. If i want to explain all the atrocities that go on in that school i won't finish, and i will spoil my very happy mood. Cheers.
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by awizzy1(m): 1:02pm On Aug 02, 2011
Gbam, aka 123 finish, like Edeh will implore you to say, lol

They finally graduated medicine in the year 2009 but they were telling them to pay 1m except they work in the school.please not that 400l still loads of students in batch abc waiting,

@author

Your cousin deserves better.but if the motive of this thread is different just let me know in time so I will get prepared for it,
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Flashaldrin(m): 10:23pm On Aug 12, 2011
wow, this is a real eye opener!!!! heard some stuff about the school but never knew it was this bad. geeeezzz, wonder why they just keep admitting indiscriminately??!!!!
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by amblors(m): 6:57pm On Aug 18, 2011
@OP

If its any other course and your cousin can manage, let him go there.

but MEDICINE? Capital NO.

People on here that have been there and OUT are telling you not to, you're still looking for more comments.
you for just call Father Edeh na, make him convince you himself its a very fine school,lol.

I have a friend in Medical school there and he's pained his there.

He advised me not to allow my younger bro go there, but considering it was an engineering course, we let him go and his graduated.

BUT THE MEDICAL SCHOOL?
[size=40pt]NO[/size]
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by 4Runner: 7:10pm On Aug 18, 2011
My late friend, an ex-student of the school, may her soul rest in perfect peace, told me a lot about the school. She said it was a glorified secondary school. where you've to get written permission to leave the compound. I kept encouraging her till she finished. I was shocked the first time I heard her complain about the school, 'cos it's supposed to be a Catholic school. This's why most parents send their wards there, and by the time they realise it's too late. I finished from UNILAG many years back, so this's NOT negative campaign from me.

I hardly reply to post, but had to do this for your cousine. If he's very intelligent he can pass JAMB to a premier University.
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Madeu(m): 7:25pm On Aug 18, 2011
Off nl
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by dare0834(m): 7:27pm On Aug 18, 2011
Please don't just think about going, it is very bad and nothing to write home about
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by sexyskimpz: 7:28pm On Aug 18, 2011
dat glorified secondary sch, i'd stay out of school nd write jamb over nd over again dan 2 venture goin dia.!! My broda beta stay away.***
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by icez: 7:32pm On Aug 18, 2011
@OP

no!no!no!no!no!no!no!no!

Please in the name of God, do not allow him go there.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by RickyRoss1(m): 7:37pm On Aug 18, 2011
I BEG TO DIFFER HERE. I HAVE A COUSIN THAT IS IN THIS SCHOOL BUT STUDYING A DIFFERENT COURSE FROM MEDICINE,
MOST STUDENTS DONT LIKE MU BC THEY ARE TOO STRICT. FOR INSTANCE YOU DONT WEAR TROUSERS IN CAMPUS, YOU MUST BE WELL DRESSED AND WELL BEHAVED IN SCHOOL. YOU DONT GO OUT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND NO VISITS FROM EVEN YOUR OWN FAMILY ETC. OTHER THAN THESE VERY STRICT RULES, MADONNA UNIVERSITY IS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER PRIVATE UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA.

AS FOR THE ISSUE OF THEIR MEDICAL ACCREDITATION OR WHATEVER, SINCE SOME OF THEIR EX STUDENTS HERE ARE COMPLAINING THEN ITS A NO GO AREA,

1 Like

Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 18, 2011
Maybe the school is accredited to study traditional medicine; Okija is a good place to get earn that sort of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by awizzy1(m): 8:03pm On Aug 18, 2011
If this makes the front page of NL you will be surprised with the response you will get.
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by amblors(m): 8:05pm On Aug 18, 2011
^^^
its been on the frontpage man.
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by awizzy1(m): 8:13pm On Aug 18, 2011
No wonder, that means I will be making more revelation soon
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by Lenzo(f): 8:16pm On Aug 18, 2011
As for accreditation it has been given full accreditation since 2009, i finishd from there and my elder brother finished this january medicine although i was admited into microbiology in 2004 and then he was in 300l, i graduated in 2008 and he was in 500b well he is out now, my mates that entered in 04 medcine are to graduate in 2013, i dont think you want your brother to go tru the pains of madonna cos deres a chance that he mit b expelled for no just cause , the extortion is way devastating they claim to increase tution every four years but the petty fee you pay would be more than a 20% increase in fee and this is done almost every semester wen father Edeh feels lik it. My brother paid 500k for final clearance and my transcript is 25k please dont even try for the luv of GOD.
its not worth it just go to ukraine please please and please get value for your money i hope you know ukraine is far cheaper
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by awizzy1(m): 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2011
@Lenzo

Aka 123 finish,

@poster I suspect you are a MU student or ex MU student.I refuse to believe you are doing this for your cousin, LOL, I guess you are satisfied now or do you need more, lol
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by jerryben12: 8:33pm On Aug 18, 2011
Flashaldrin:

My cousin just out from secondary school was recently given admission to study medicine and surgery in madonna, even without his o' levels.
All he did was to go to the school, he bought and filled out their form (N6500). After that, he was there and then subjected to an impromptu written interview, which he passed easily, (he said it was very cheap and elementary). Then he was told to carry out and bring his lab tests at the nearby lab, and after submitting and filling other forms, he was told to pay his school fees and start school as soon as possible.
Now we all know how hard it is to gain admission, not to mention medicine and surgery and add to that the recent withdrawals of accreditations of the medicine department of various schools.
So i want to know if their is anything phony about the admission, if the school have/ever had, accreditation to study medicine and what their academic programme is like. Do students graduate at expected time?e is like. Do students graduate at expected time?

How much is the school fees at Madonna?
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by david22uu(m): 9:03pm On Aug 18, 2011
oya clap hand for ME: 1, 2, 3 FInish
HE says: OO kwa oo ezioku?
Reply: OO ezioku,
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by osifred(m): 9:04pm On Aug 18, 2011
i logged in on dis forum jst to add dis to d comment, tell ur cousin to run far far far away from madonna. if he insist otherwise tie him down at home. one day he will thank u
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by JUO(m): 9:08pm On Aug 18, 2011
na waooo, see coment
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by amblors(m): 9:10pm On Aug 18, 2011
osifred:

i logged in on dis forum jst to add dis to d comment, tell your cousin to run far far far away from madonna. if he insist otherwise tie him down at home. one day he will thank u

HA HA hilarious one man, but true.

fees for madonna medical school should be nearing 400grand now, thats if its not more.
Re: Is Madonna University Accredited For Medical Studies? by MMM2(m): 9:18pm On Aug 18, 2011
Op
tell ur cousin 2 relax & write anoda jamb ;>
he should just forget abt madonna not 2 talk of M & S undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uniosun Ipetu-ijesa Campus In Turmoil Today / University Of Jos Dismissed 5 Students Also Publicized Their Photos / FGGC Students Oyo Mourn The Death Of Their 4 Colleagues Crushed By A Truck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.