Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources (284196 Views)

"Full List Of 2016 Budgets For Nigeria States And Allocated Revenue " / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR / The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by babaowo: 2:30pm On Jul 31, 2011
there is no love among ppl in nigeria.
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by babaowo: 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2011
there is no love among ppl in nigeria.
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by Imagineers: 2:41pm On Jul 31, 2011
Our main problem is waiting for an outsider to come and exploit these resources for us and cart away the money, give some bottles of wine to our leaders and use our natural resources to develop his own people
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by anishe(m): 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2011
You forget to add Sperm as Natural resource for Niger state. atleast, the man with 86 wives has added new wives to his clan. he will have enough sperm to give to the wives. lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by erastus75: 2:50pm On Jul 31, 2011
Abagworo, who told you oil is found n fringes in Akwa Ibom however I will ask people to embark on extensive research before posting stuffs in any website. Crude oil is found in Akwa Ibom offshore n large quantities but found onshore in other states
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by stagger: 3:12pm On Jul 31, 2011
OP,

GO AND GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. The list you published for some of the states is completely wrong.
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by aljharem3: 3:14pm On Jul 31, 2011
stagger:

OP,

GO AND GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. The list you published for some of the states is completely wrong.

Like which state and what mineral

thanks
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by toideve(m): 3:36pm On Jul 31, 2011
no traces of diamond in Nigeria yet
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by scholes0(m): 3:53pm On Jul 31, 2011
When did Abuja become a state/region name.??
It is the FCT: [B]FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY[/B], Guyz, and not Abuja. Abuja is in the FCT.
Stop making that mistake, Nigerians.
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by aljharem3: 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2011
scholes0:

When did Abuja become a state/region name.??
It is the FCT: [B]FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY[/B], Guyz, and not Abuja. Abuja is in the FCT.
Stop making that mistake, Nigerians.

Sorry I know that but it is a territory which must be added.

thanks for pointing that out wink
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by JimmyBoy1: 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2011
Fake or original list is not the issues, the issue is how to bring these things out of the depth of the earth profitably. Several other industries are dependent on these primary natural resources.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by aljharem3: 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2011
Jimmy Boy:

Fake or original list is not the issues, the issue is how to bring these things out of the depth of the earth profitably. Several other industries are dependent on these primary natural resources.

gbam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by manny4life(m): 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2011
A lot of the people of people criticizing the OP has has not given ANY list; he post something, it's left for you to refute such claims. Besides, like someone said, rather than criticizing and list or not list, focus should be on harnessing other potential resources. Y'all critics need to lay off the crack and begin saying something useful or just knock it off, criticism is one of several canker worms why Nigeria is still backwards; rather than bringing and sharing ideas, we are trying to bring others down along with u, SMH in pity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by Bowie11(m): 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2011
@alj_harem
Can you give the food resources of the states also. If yes; please list by states.
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by Rockearth: 1:17am On Aug 01, 2011
Anambra have the highest gas reserve in africa it is not included
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by aljharem3: 1:30am On Aug 01, 2011
Bowie11:

@alj_harem
Can you give the food resources of the states also. If yes; please list by states.

i would see what i can do wink

Rockearth:

Anambra have the highest gas reserve in africa it is not included

Maybe, I always thought it was rivers state then delta state

but i would research about that smiley
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by AbuMaryam1(m): 2:00am On Aug 01, 2011
Alhaji Harem
                     You have done a well done job, thank you and may God bless you in this month of Ramadan. He who feel the lists of minerals are flaw he should please point out where there is a mistake and correct it. otherwise he should go and hug a transformer,
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by aljharem3: 2:52am On Aug 01, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

Alhaji Harem
                     You have done a well done job, thank you and may God bless you in this month of Ramadan. He who feel the lists of minerals are flaw he should please point out where there is a mistake and correct it. otherwise he should go and hug a transformer, 
Insha Allah my brother. I am grateful

God bless you too an your family this Ramadan. May God answer all of our prayers. Amin
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by Bowie11(m): 3:28am On Aug 01, 2011
@alj_harem
Thank you very much, I'm eagerly looking forward to it. Please don't forget to include yam, mellon etc. sources in the list.
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by aljharem3: 4:55am On Aug 01, 2011
ABUJA
- Yam
- cassava
- maize
- plantains
- sorghum
- guinea corn
- rice

ABIA STATE
- Timber
- palm oil
- cashew
- kolanut
- rubber
- cocoa
- ginger ( still at the early stage)
- coconut (still at the early stage)
- raffia palm (still at the early stage)
- fish farming

ADAMAWA STATE
- maize
- rice
- sugar cane
- sorghum
- sweet potato
- cassava
- yam ( still at the early stages)
- cowpea
- bambara
- groundnuts
- soya beans
- onions
- lettuce
- tomatoes
- pepper
- spinach
- rosselle
- kenaf
- cattle
- sheep
- goats
- pigs
- poultry

AKWA IBOM STATE
- cassava
- oil palm
- rice
- fish farming
- pineapple
- rubber
- snail farming
- timber

ANAMBRA STATE
- Oil Palm
- Maize
- Rice
- Yam
- Cassava
- Fish.

BAYELSA STATE
- oil palm
- rubber
- cocoa
- rice
- plantation
- banana
- yams
-coco yams
- coconut
- cassava
- sugar cane-
- sweet potatoes
- pineapple.
- fish farming
- timber
- maize shocked

BAUCHI STATE
- maize
- rice
- millet
- groundnut
- guinea corn
- cattles

BENUE STATE
- yams
- rice
- beans
- cassava
- potatoes
- maize
- Soya beans
- sorghum
- millet
- coco-yam
- over 70% of Nigeria of soya bean
- fish farming

BORNO STATE
- millet
- rice
- cassava
- date palms
- fruits vegetables
- sorghum
- wheat
- sweet potatoes
- cowpeas
- sugar cane
- groundnut
- cotton
- gum arabic
-poultry

CROSS RIVER STATE
- cassava
- yams
- rice
- plantain
- banana
- cocoyam
- maize
- cocoa
- rubber
- groundnut
- palm produce.

DELTA STATE
- Timber
- Fresh fish
- crabs
- shrimps
-palm oil

EBONYI STATE
- yam
- cassava
- plantain
- banana
- maize
- cocoyam
- palm produce - cocoa
- rubber
- rice

EDO STATE
- rubber
- cocoa
- palm produce
- yams
- cassava
- rice
- plantains
- guinea-corn
- assorted fruits
-Fresh vegetables

EKITI STATE
- Timber
- Rice
- Kolanut
- oil palm
- cocoa
- cassava
- yam
- cocoyam
- maize
- cowpea
- citrus
- plantain
- cashew
- mango
- orange

ENUGU STATE
- Yam
- rice
-palm produce

GOMBE STATE
- Maize
- Soghum
- Rice
- wheats
- Cowpeas
- groundnuts
- soya beans
- bambara nuts
- Orange
- Lemon
- Mango
- Guava
- Paw-paw
- grapes
- vegetables
- Tomatoes
- pepper
- onions
- okra
- pumpkin
- melon
- Gum Arabic
- Kenaf
- sugar cane
- sunflower
- ginger

IMO STATE
- palm produce
- cocoa
- rubber
-yam
- cassava
- cocoyam
- maize

JIGAWA STATE
- maize
- millet
- guinea corn
- cattles
- cotton
- groundnut

KADUNA STATE
- rice
- cotton

KANO STATE
- Cotton
- groundnut

KATSINA STATE
- cotton
- groundnut

KEBBI STATE
- guinea corn
- rice
- millet
- groundnut
- cotton

KOGI STATE
- rice
- yam
- fruits
- vegetables

KWARA STATE
- cotton
- cocoa
- coffee
- kolanut
- tobacco
- benseed
- palm produce
-poultry
-cattles

LAGOS STATE
- fish farming
- snail farming
- poultry
and other small scale farming

NASARAWA STATE
- cassava
- yam
- rice
- maize
- guinea corn
- beans
- soya beans
- beniseed
- asha
- millet

NIGER STATE
- Yam
- guinea corn
- cattles
- rice

OGUN STATE
- cocoa
- kolanut
- rubber
- 20% of nigeria timber
- palm produce
- rubber
- yam
- cassava
-banana

ONDO STATE
- cocoa
- yam
- cassava
- palm produce
- fish farming

OSUN STATE
- yam
- maize
- cassava
- beans
- cocoyam
- tobacco
- palm produce

OYO STATE
- maize
- yam
- cocoyam
- palm produce
- cashew
- plantain
- banana
- rice
- millet
- cocoa

PLATEAU STATE
- potato
- groundunts
- yam
- assorted vegetables and fruits

RIVER STATE
- fish farming
- palm produce

SOKOTO STATE
- millet
- guinea corn
- maize
- rice
- beans
- wheat
- cassava
- potatoes
- groundnut
- cotton
- sugar cane
- tobacco
- oranges
- mangoes
- cashew
- bananas
- lettuce
- spinach
- okra
- cabbage
- pawpaw
- guava

TARABA STATE
- maize
- millet
- soya beans
- rice
- cotton
- cassava
- dairy food
- cattles

YOBE STATE
- gum arabic
- groundnuts
- beans, cotton
- The state is also said to have one of the largest cattle markets in West Africa located in Potiskum.

ZAMFARA STATE
- groundnuts
- cotton
- cattles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by aljharem3: 4:55am On Aug 01, 2011
Bowie11:

@alj_harem
Thank you very much, I'm eagerly looking forward to it. Please don't forget to include yam, mellon etc. sources in the list.

i hope that helps
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by Abagworo(m): 6:04am On Aug 01, 2011
erastus75:

Abagworo, who told you oil is found n fringes in Akwa Ibom however I will ask people to embark on extensive research before posting stuffs in any website. Crude oil is found in Akwa Ibom offshore n large quantities but found onshore in other states

I never disputed that but I meant onshore because offshore is mere politics.If offshore is counted as part of a State instead of as part of the entire country,then it is politics.That is the reason why Akwa-Ibom has been relieved of most of the offshore wells and given to Rivers.Another regime could come in and declare all the offshore oil as Akwa-Ibom.But what you have on your land cannot be used in playing politics,except if there's a boundary like the case of Bakassi.

Abagworo:

All these lists are bullsh*t.The only mineral resource that runs Nigeria is oil and it is found mostly in Rivers and Delta States with fringes in Imo,Abia,Bayelsa and Akwa-Ibom State.

A lot of politics has been played with the oil including assigning offshore wells of beyond 40 nautical miles to States in order to make them oil-producing
.The best thing is to stop oil production and focus on these minerals in our imaginary list.
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by ektbear: 6:37am On Aug 01, 2011
Bayelsa doesn't have much onshore, you are saying? Wasn't there something about how it got extended past 40 nautical?

What fraction of Nigeria's 40 billion barrels (or so?) is onshore vs. offshore?

BTW, do you know what the reserves of the different states looks like? How much of Nigeria's 40 billion barrels are found onshore in Rivers State, for example?
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by aljharem3: 7:08am On Aug 01, 2011
ekt_bear:

Bayelsa doesn't have much onshore, you are saying? Wasn't there something about how it got extended past 40 nautical?

What fraction of Nigeria's 40 billion barrels (or so?) is onshore vs. offshore?

BTW, do you know what the reserves of the different states looks like? How much of Nigeria's 40 billion barrels are found onshore in Rivers State, for example?

Bayelsa state only contribute about 7% to the oil revenue, that is with other states like anambra, abia and ondo
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by swaggerboi2011: 11:19am On Aug 01, 2011
cool cool cool
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by Gbenge77(m): 11:36am On Aug 01, 2011
Jimmy Boy:

you can say that again.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by Bowie11(m): 12:34am On Aug 02, 2011
@alj_harem
Thank you very much. Keep it up.
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by prefers555: 6:33am On Aug 02, 2011
majority of us are not new to these so called mineral lists, as a widely travelled geophyscist, i can tell you that the actual details of how much mineral resources a state is able to produce is either under investigated or either over over estimated. from field research, i found out that a state like taraba actually bares regions that produce blue beryl a.k.a aquamarine, ruby, sapphire and the restin large quantities, i bet these minerals are not been acknowledged. federal govt through the nigerian geological survey agency is not doing its job as it should be despite the funds available to it. very typical of nigerian agencies. embarassed cry
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by prefers555: 6:42am On Aug 02, 2011
yes, many states in the south east have abundant gas reserves located all over, but they are not economically viable. oil companies look out 4 gas reserves that could last say 5-10 years, not reserves that run out in few months or a year. exploration of fossil fuel in any form is a very expensive venture. tapping into oil gas reserves could cost you close to $10 million dollars on a medium scale. why would you sink such money into a venture not sustainable in years. ask yourself why oil companies spend billions of dollars looking for oil and gas offshore. kiss :p
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by sherifyoz: 2:53pm On May 26, 2012
Where in Edo state is gold
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by mish1010: 7:20pm On Jul 16, 2012
please i need some one to supply me gold dust atleast 100kg per month
Re: Nigerian States And Their Natural Resources by mish1010: 4:21pm On Aug 09, 2012
where is gold located in edo state more so please i am looking for supliers of gold dust in nigeria pls help

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election: Live Updates & Results Monitoring / What Is The Fastest Way To Rise In Rank In The Nigerian Army? / Official Results Of Edo Governorship Election 2020 As Announced By INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.