Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,122 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:30 AM

Buratai Bags Traditional Title In Nasarawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buratai Bags Traditional Title In Nasarawa (211 Views)

Bello Kirfi Loses Traditional Title For ‘Disrespecting’ Governor Bala Mohammed / Amaechi Receives Daura Traditional Title, Turbaned By Emir Umar Faruk In Katsina / Zamfara: Withdraw Femi Fani-Kayode’s Traditional Title - Emir Of Shinkafi Told (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buratai Bags Traditional Title In Nasarawa by Hunter2009: 12:33am On Jul 25, 2022
Buratai bags traditional title in Nasarawa

A former Chief of Army Staff, Retired Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, has been turbaned as the ‘Garkuwan Keffi’ of Keffi Emirate Council by Emir of Keffi, Dr Shehu Chindo-Yamusa.

Mr Buratai, who is now the Nigerian Ambassador to Benin Republic, was turbaned at the emir’s palace in Keffi Local Government area of the state on Saturday.

NAN also reports that ‘Garkuwa’ in Hausa language means ‘Shield’.

Speaking at the ceremony, Chindo-Yamusa said that the choice of Buratai for the traditional title was in recognition of his sterling contributions to Keffi township and Nigeria at large.

He called on Mr Buratai to continue to be a role model to Nigerians and contribute to the development of the country in any capacity he might find himself.

Speaking in an interview with newsmen, Mr Buratai said that he felt highly honoured to be awarded the traditional title. He said that the award was based on his excellent relationship with the emirate council and people of Keffi as well as his contribution to the community.

“As I said in the palace, I have been around Keffi for more than 27 years and they have seen what I have contributed to the society and the less-privileged while I was in service.

“Even after leaving service, I have not, because of that, relented in contributing my quota to the society and helping youths and women. I strongly believe that if we all do our parts, Nigeria will be a better country for all,” he said.

Mr Buratai appreciated the emir and the emirate council for the honour, assuring that the traditional title bestowed on him would further spur him to do more in terms of contributing positively to the society and humanity.

Re: Buratai Bags Traditional Title In Nasarawa by yyba: 1:08am On Jul 25, 2022
Igbos miscreants right now if you know you know

Re: Buratai Bags Traditional Title In Nasarawa by GadgetsRus: 1:11am On Jul 25, 2022
The lalasticlala 1 of Nassarawa.
Re: Buratai Bags Traditional Title In Nasarawa by DispatcherLagos: 1:28am On Jul 25, 2022
It's like we are in the era of rewarding terrorists with "thieftancy" title

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Power Politics- Radical Minorities V Peaceful Majorities / Abuja Security Situation Worsen / FG Risks Diplomacy Conflict If… – Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.