Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,646 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record (23534 Views)

World Athletics Ratifies Tobi Amusan's Hurdles World Record / Birmingham 2022: Tobi Amusan Wins Gold In Women's 100m Hurdles Event / BBC Pundits Question Tobi Amusan's 100m Hurdles World Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by KanwuliaExtra: 3:01am On Jul 25, 2022
Checking for illegal drugs before I congratulate prematurely.

Especially with all these upcoming athletes with no prior history of success,

Wetin she dey do before this?

Congrats sha. Pesin must start from “ONE WHIA“. wink wink wink
Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by Mrmanability: 3:02am On Jul 25, 2022
Amusan has been outstanding... She has been doing great in hurdles..this lady is the only athlete I can bet on for beautiful results.

5 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by africandollar: 3:08am On Jul 25, 2022
Make una dey there dey jonze, person wey US go give citizenship sharp sharp once dem see say she better pass their own athletes. undecided

1 Like

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by int0x80(m): 3:08am On Jul 25, 2022
Congratulations to her, she just picked up the gold medal. So impressive!

1 Like

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by Bamibor: 3:08am On Jul 25, 2022
And she just broke the world record again, a second time in one night....what a champion she is.

She takes gold.

7 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by COMPAQ(m): 3:08am On Jul 25, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

I also hope with all my heart she hasn't taken performance enhancing drugs.

But to say she has no prior history of success shows you don't follow athletics. She was the last Diamond League champion in 2021 I think and won a medal at the Tokyo Olympics. She also won a medal at the 2019 World champs in Doha.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by assholemods: 3:11am On Jul 25, 2022
Mhurfhy:
Go girl!!! She is definitely OBIdient
Una don come here with una yeye politics.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by assholemods: 3:13am On Jul 25, 2022
smile11s:
Igbo amaka
You just fool yourself.

8 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by Bamibor: 3:13am On Jul 25, 2022
COMPAQ:

But to say she has no prior history of success shows you don't follow athletics. The was the last Diamond League champion in 2021 I think and won a medal at the Tokyo Olympics.

That person obviously has not followed the amazing career trajectory of this incredible athlete.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by Jay7778(f): 3:14am On Jul 25, 2022
This life ..just chase your dreams and don’t give up ..anybody fee make am anytime ,no go look down on someone.this girl wey I dey see we’lla for my area in ijebu ode that year na she come win world record … her parents still live in ijebu ode sef i sabi her parents wella too her papa na pastor very funny man ..

Her papa go still remember me if e see me I’m pretty sure ..not based in ijebu anymore sha

Congratulations Tobi.more mins

12 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by wt1store(f): 3:14am On Jul 25, 2022
the power of women kudos lady https://wt1store.ru/

1 Like

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by dapkin(m): 3:15am On Jul 25, 2022
I just saw that it is no longer the world record...sighting wind direction!!!
Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by tayooluwole: 3:19am On Jul 25, 2022
smile11s:
Igbo amaka

Ori e buru

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by Bamibor: 3:22am On Jul 25, 2022
dapkin:
I just saw that it is no longer the world record...sighting wind direction!!!

It is still a world record. She actually ran a second world record in the final 12.06 but they raised a weird technicality about wind direction to nullify her second world record and maintain the 12.12 secs time.

I guess they didn't want to pay her $100k twice in one night.... grin

7 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by KanwuliaExtra: 3:26am On Jul 25, 2022
COMPAQ:

But to say she has no prior history of success shows you don't follow athletics. She was the last Diamond League champion in 2021 I think and won a medal at the Tokyo Olympics. She also won a medal at the 2019 World champs in Doha.

Thanks for the enlightenment.
Dio not follow athletes at all.

More grease to her shoulders, elbows, knees and ankles.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by ChrisIntegral(m): 3:26am On Jul 25, 2022
Congratulations girl..
Nigerians won't celebrate her, we are busy with Big brother N..

1 Like

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by Afamed: 3:26am On Jul 25, 2022
Mhurfhy:
Go girl!!! She is definitely OBIdient
Nigeria suddenly not a zoo?
Hypocrite set of people.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by Slynation(m): 3:27am On Jul 25, 2022
Wow... congratulations to her!!! Atleast one sweet news projecting the country in positivity...!!

2 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by Musiwa13: 3:28am On Jul 25, 2022
sh

4 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by Kelvinarsenal: 3:28am On Jul 25, 2022
Oluwatobiloba Amusan just struck Gold shattering WR twice in same evening ...whatttt a race!Naija TOBI EXPRESS!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by Bamibor: 3:31am On Jul 25, 2022
Kelvinarsenal:
Oluwatobiloba Amusan just struck Gold shattering WR twice in same evening ...whatttt a race!Naija TOBI EXPRESS!

Unfortunately, the championship umpires denied her the second world record, citing wind direction. So, the time of 12.12 secs, which she ran in semi final, is still maintained as the recognized world record.

I have a feeling she will still shatter that record later this year or during the next diamond league event. She is in the form of her life.

2 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by malali: 3:32am On Jul 25, 2022
Please stop this Obedient nonsense.......Where was Obi's voice with all the killings in the SE ??

Some Hausa's are supporting Tinubu

Some Yorubas are supporting Atiku

Some Hausas are supporting Obi

Some Yorubas are supporting Obi

But all the Ibos are online harassing people and coercing people with Obi......support your candidate in peace

Politics is all about building bridges.......Ibos have to reach out and make genuine friendship with Hausa/Yorubas.......If not there will never be an Ibo President in Nigeria.

That is politics.

PS: I dont have a candidate.
This person does not support Boko haram/IPOB/ or any form of domestic terrorism. Not even those on nairaland.

8 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by malali: 3:32am On Jul 25, 2022
Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by FBS: 3:33am On Jul 25, 2022
Fantastic news! Fantastic job.
Congratulation Tobi Amusan

2 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by COMPAQ(m): 3:35am On Jul 25, 2022
She has already won the GOLD medal in another world record of 12.06!!

4 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by blackslayer: 3:43am On Jul 25, 2022
Well she won the Gold and set another world record. She beat her won new world record to set another one. She ran at 12:06!
Bad ass!

2 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by Kobicove(m): 3:44am On Jul 25, 2022
This is positive news

1 Like

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by lexy2014: 3:45am On Jul 25, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

She just fell from the sky and started running. That's how people with "no prior history of success" just enter World Athletics Championships

14 Likes

Re: Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record by bibiking7(m): 3:45am On Jul 25, 2022

Really happy for her. With That her black lipstick. Congratulations. I pray she wins the final
Wow. She finally won gold. I Was really rooting for her at the last Olympics. Finally. She has really tried. Congratulations once again.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Salah, Ronaldo And Modric Shortlisted For UEFA 2017-18 Player Of The Year Award / Tottenham Complete Loan Signing Of Vinicius From Benfica With £41Million / Leo Messi Scores Brace In First 22 Minutes Of Second Inter Miami Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.