Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night (37714 Views)

Bola Tinubu Congratulates Tobi Amusan On Her World Record Breaking Race / Tobi Amusan Breaks 100M Hurdles World Record / Ronaldo Bans Mother From Watching Football After She Fainted Twice In Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by luluman: 12:17pm On Jul 25, 2022
GodsOwnMan:
Yoruba people eh na dem dey carry this country o! Lets be honest and the rest of us should catch up!
Bros, you want yeebos to eat you raw?
Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by assholemods: 12:19pm On Jul 25, 2022
excel101:
Like I would always say, Tobi Amusan really achieved a great feat and brought honour to Nigeria. From your statement, was Ajunwa's medal withdrawn?
A beg shift go one side you don't have sense of comprehension. My point is not if her medal was withdrawn or not.
Somebody that doesn't even know that Chioma tested positive after Olympics despite copy copy from Google....pikin wey dem never born in 1992...Bye bye joor enjoy your day.
Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by deavicky(m): 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2022
GodsOwnMan:

bloody haters they are. As if she's the only one the wind is blowing on angry angry angry angry
no be so!!! They no get another 100k to give her. And if they Continue she go dey reduce am till e reach 10s
Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by ufuosman(m): 12:43pm On Jul 25, 2022
Congratulations to her
Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by anonimi: 1:19pm On Jul 25, 2022
TolaniLuv:
Lagos is a State not city’ again Lagos is the highest state in Nigeria with highest GDP .

Tell me a state in Nigeria that is most populous? There must be a reason for that. Don’t ever in your life disrespect Lagos and Yoruba ever in life .

Lagos is like New York and London to many village people here.

Omo ti ko ba de oko elo mi ri a so wipe oko baba ohun ni o to bi ju.
What Omoluabi person benchmarks himself to the worst examples to make progress in life? Is that how you do personally

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by NastiLord: 1:40pm On Jul 25, 2022
GodsOwnMan:
Yoruba people eh na dem dey carry this country o! Lets be honest and the rest of us should catch up!
Na dis kind tin dey Bleep Tinubu up. Keep up!
Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by BluntCrazeMan: 1:46pm On Jul 25, 2022
Bamibor:
Nigeria's in-form sprinter, Tobi Amusan has completed an incredible double by breaking the world record for the 100m women's hurdle and also winning a gold medal at the ongoing world Athletics Championship, Eugene, Oregon.

The young Nigerian, who had initially broken the world record in the semi final by recording a time of 12.12 seconds, won the final in a time of 12.06 swcobds to crown an amazing evening at the WACH.

She would have recorded two world records in One Night had the original time achieved in for her final race(12.06 secs) not been adjusted for wind direction.

All the same, it was an incredible night for the Nigerian athlete who will take home a prize of $100,000 for breaking the world record in the semi final race.

So, the effect of the wind direction was very noticeable?? To the point that they had to correct the time??
Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by Litmus: 2:15pm On Jul 25, 2022
Let's hope they don't conspire to somehow deprive her of this triumph. I cant help but wonder if there's a conspiracy against Nigeria in international sports for whatever reason best known to the relevant powers. I know, i know, how ridiculous and nuts this all seems. Just cant shake the feeling. Perhaps it is to do with financial rewards in sports and the fact that these financial expenditures are at the West's expense. Perhaps the West would like the money to remain in the west through rewarding athletes of the West. Caribbean is in the West. Kenyans and Ethiopians have become too ingrained so too late to get them. Nigeria however is an upstart, not part of the in-group, and our demonised reputation plays into their hands. Who knows. And our potential to dominate sports if only a smidgeon organized is also suspected.

That Nigerian running for Bahrain - what's her name again (google consult......) ah, Salwa Eid Naser, was in my opinion horribly treated. In spite of the nonsense about her change of national allegiance, a super star Salwa would have inspired young Nigerians more than it would have inspired young Bahrainis.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 25, 2022
Yes she ran the fastest time ever ran under any conditions in the final 12.06 however because the following wind was +2.5 m/s (above the +2.0 allowable limit) it cannot be ratified as the official World Record. Hence the official WR remains her 12.12 semi final time.
Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2022
I am certain there is a global conspiracy against our sport participation , I have been saying this for years.
Favour Ofili, the greatest young sprinter Nigeria has ever produced has been secretly sabotaged to degrade her performance (possibly permanently) by her American college.
To the extent she is now running like an average sprinter and declining fast.
When Devine Oduduru ran incredible times at NCAAs the American collegiate champs , he was probably soon after sabotaged by his college. He has since been unable to produce any decent performances. He is now a below average sprinter .

We can see hoe Gerhurt "groundnut" Rohr was thrust upon us for years to suppress the Super Eagles and prevent them winning anything after two of our star coaches mysteriously died and a third was banned for life.

I can go on and on , with examples like Blessing Okagbare, Salwad Nasser, CJ Ujah etc.
Litmus:
Let's hope they don't conspire to somehow deprive her of this triumph. I cant help but wonder if there's a conspiracy against Nigeria in international sports for whatever reason best known to the relevant powers. I know, i know, how ridiculous and nuts this all seems. Just cant shake the feeling. Perhaps it is to do with financial rewards in sports and the fact that these finances are at the West's expense. Perhaps the West would like the money to remain in the west through rewarding athletes of the West. Caribbean is in the West. Kenyans and Ethiopians have become too ingrained so too late to get them. Nigeria however is an upstart, not part of the in-group, and our reputation plays into their hands. Who knows ....

That Nigerian running for Bahrain - what's her name again (google consult......) ah, Salwa Eid Naser, was in my opinion horribly treated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by nkiliuzo(m): 2:59pm On Jul 25, 2022
naija4life247:

White pigs are useless cheats.
very racist of you, if a white man call you black pig una go dey cry racism! mumu
Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by BabaO2: 3:02pm On Jul 25, 2022
Bamibor:
They just cited some shady technicality about wind reading to rob her of her second world record time.

The verdict us that a record time of 12.12 secs, is maintained for her.
I know it. They will surely add bug to any uncommitted success recorded by africans
Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by nkiliuzo(m): 3:09pm On Jul 25, 2022
Litmus:
Let's hope they don't conspire to somehow deprive her of this triumph. I cant help but wonder if there's a conspiracy against Nigeria in international sports for whatever reason best known to the relevant powers. I know, i know, how ridiculous and nuts this all seems. Just cant shake the feeling. Perhaps it is to do with financial rewards in sports and the fact that these financial expenditures are at the West's expense. Perhaps the West would like the money to remain in the west through rewarding athletes of the West. Caribbean is in the West. Kenyans and Ethiopians have become too ingrained so too late to get them. Nigeria however is an upstart, not part of the in-group, and our demonised reputation plays into their hands. Who knows. And our potential to dominate sports if only a smidgeon organized is also suspected.

That Nigerian running for Bahrain - what's her name again (google consult......) ah, Salwa Eid Naser, was in my opinion horribly treated. In spite of the nonsense about her change of national allegiance, a super star Salwa would have inspired young Nigerians more than it would have inspired young Bahrainis.
nonsense conspiracy theories, if you are good, u are good, no dey yarn zobo
Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by GeneralPula: 3:40pm On Jul 25, 2022
GodsOwnMan:

Fahdiga again..
I Dey everly sabi you..
Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by GeneralPula: 3:41pm On Jul 25, 2022
Papichulostunne:

https://www.nairaland.com/7245340/ese-brume-wins-long-jump#115059188

Shey when our delta person do am we no shout oh..

He’s an Igbo guy. He just opened the account to be trolling..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by Babalola0920: 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2022
She's one of the few Nigeria that can do it but she's opportunity
Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by richmanrichard: 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2022
GodsOwnMan:
chioma ajunwa is not Yoruba.Nigeria finest.make she go win gold for Olympic make we see.
Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by Litmus: 5:39pm On Jul 25, 2022
Rosemary Chukwuma is Nigeria's women relay team's weak link and she has been for quite some time now. Udo-Gabriel was heroic, she fought so hard...she's cute looking too.
Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by NNEVERAGAINN: 6:12pm On Jul 25, 2022
membranus:

Where did you see Ese in her name?
Bayii the OP made a blunder in his post. Instead of Tobi Amusan he wrote Ese and i noticed he has changed it.....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by NNEVERAGAINN: 6:15pm On Jul 25, 2022
plantist:

Super olodo like you grin. Who broke world record? Tobi Amusan not Ese and her tribe is Yoruba.
Your ear cheesy , I ain't the cause, the OP made a mistake in the topic.... He changed it already.
Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by excel101(m): 6:20pm On Jul 25, 2022
assholemods:

A beg shift go one side you don't have sense of comprehension. My point is not if her medal was withdrawn or not.
Somebody that doesn't even know that Chioma tested positive after Olympics despite copy copy from Google....pikin wey dem never born in 1992...Bye bye joor enjoy your day.
You have fish brain, you just reasoning like an ineffective criminal. Limpy dick-headed tout, with toilet infested buccal cavity.
Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by Litmus: 7:56pm On Jul 25, 2022
GenBuhari:
I am certain there is a global conspiracy against our sport participation , I have been saying this for years.
Favour Ofili, the greatest young sprinter Nigeria has ever produced has been secretly sabotaged to degrade her performance (possibly permanently) by her American college.
To the extent she is now running like an average sprinter and declining fast.
When Devine Oduduru ran incredible times at NCAAs the American collegiate champs , he was probably soon after sabotaged by his college. He has since been unable to produce any decent performances. He is now a below average sprinter .

We can see hoe Gerhurt "groundnut" Rohr was thrust upon us for years to suppress the Super Eagles and prevent them winning anything after two of our star coaches mysteriously died and a third was banned for life.

I can go on and on , with examples like Blessing Okagbare, Salwad Nasser, CJ Ujah etc.

Funnily enough, I'm just now reading that Michael Johnson is being accused of a sort of Black Racism for casting doubt on Tobi Amasun's record legitimacy. undecided
Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by Litmus: 8:03pm On Jul 25, 2022
Like I keep saying, there'd be no domination of black people by other races if not for the support black people give racism out of jealous resentment one group of blacks have for another group of blacks perceived to be doing better than them.
Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by Greatzeus(m): 8:29pm On Jul 25, 2022
anonimi:

So why is the major Yoruba city a shithole of global reject for scumbags despite the rich legacy of Awolowo and Jakande
Why did we allow a rogue like Thiefnuibu to hold us hostage for over two decades of looting recklessly?

Yes let us also blame Tinubu for the fact that almost all families in the east have a grandfather, grandmother,father or mother, brother or sister or cousin or niece or nephew who gave been killed overseas for drug related offences and many more rotten away in prison overseas for drug related offences.
Why not vote your candidate and let others vote theirs? You guys said you are ready to waste your vote,and that's the fact, nothing but wasted votes. All the IPOB Biafra or death shouting obi- dents now will return to default settings after 2023, then the pictures of raggedy dead youths with charms around their waisted will likely return to frontpage.
Even on a sport thread,you league of hateful and eternally embittered souls won't let us rest with your wailing and tears.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by assholemods: 8:57pm On Jul 25, 2022
excel101:
You have fish brain, you just reasoning like an ineffective criminal. Limpy dick-headed tout, with toilet infested buccal cavity.
You are a bastard you this useless kid from a dysfunctional mother and father. Why are you insulting me? Did I insulted you? It will not be well with you and your family anywhere you are . Useless street urchin! What is paining you? Satan punish your generation unborn... Anuofia!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by assholemods: 9:02pm On Jul 25, 2022
richmanrichard:
chioma ajunwa is not Yoruba.Nigeria finest.make she go win gold for Olympic make we see.
Nigerian finest with drug tainted career.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by assholemods: 9:03pm On Jul 25, 2022
excel101:
You will not excel (101) in life.. Anumpam!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
It's already started. I was hoping they would not do to her in a few months, what they did to Blessing Okagbare. If they realised how fast she was going to run, perhaps they might have used the false start rule in the preliminary rounds to disqualify her to end her participation.

To me she is the one that "slipped through their net"
Litmus:

Funnily enough, I'm just now reading that Michael Johnson is being accused of a sort of Black Racism for casting doubt on Tobi Amasun's record legitimacy. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by excel101(m): 12:22am On Jul 26, 2022
assholemods:

You are a bastard you this useless kid from a dysfunctional mother and father. Why are you insulting me? Did I insulted you? It will not be well with you and your family anywhere you are . Useless street urchin! What is paining you? Satan punish your generation unborn... Anuofia!
No issue because I'm already excelling and a great success. Your problem is the you love taking cheap alcohol and cheap and Kobo Kobo tramadol.
Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by assholemods: 12:55am On Jul 26, 2022
excel101:
No issue because I'm already excelling and a great success. Your problem is the you love taking cheap alcohol and cheap and Kobo Kobo tramadol.
Mumu pikin wey dem never born in 1992
Call your father na me an your father get talk... Pikin wey dem suppose give vulture make he chop!.. Oluku!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by excel101(m): 8:36am On Jul 26, 2022
assholemods:

Mumu pikin wey dem never born in 1992
Call your father na me an your father get talk... Pikin wey dem suppose give vulture make he chop!.. Oluku!
Ok let me open up to you, na me give your mum that knacking wey turn her head, un unfortunately you are the product of that knacking. You be my pikin o, na me you resemble, because na so u dey talk. But don't reveal this to that mannaquin you called your dad o, he's just acting on my behalf.
Re: Nigeria's Tobi Amusan Broke The World Record Twice In One Night by assholemods: 9:37am On Jul 26, 2022
excel101:
Ok let me open up to you, na me give your mum that knacking wey turn her head, un unfortunately you are the product of that knacking. You be my pikin o, na me you resemble, because na so u dey talk. But don't reveal this to that mannaquin you called your dad o, he's just acting on my behalf.
See useless child on internet... and na person born animal like you.... What a pity..... I pity your future because it will be a miserable one, you don't belong to the society na mortuary you go end up. You death is near.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arsenal Signs Kelechi Nwakali For £2million / Some Of The Futuristic Stadiums Qatar Is Constructing For Football World cup / Ronaldo Scores Twice On Manchester United Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.