Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west (5400 Views)

PHOTO: Former Senate President David Mark's HELIPAD In Benue / 'better An Ex-dictator Than A Weak President'- UK Telegraph / Tam David-West Tells Jonathan "Look For Shoes Quickly And Go Back To Otuoke” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by Chyz2: 3:04am On Jul 31, 2011
[size=15pt]Jonathan is a very weak president – David-West[/size]
•Says he cannot handle Boko Haram problem
By Daniel Abia Snr. Correspondent,  Port Harcourt

For his delay in taking decisive actions on issues that threaten the unity of Nigeria, lives and property of the people, President Goodluck Jonathan has been described as the weakest Nigerian President so far.

Making this bold declaration in an interview session in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital, Professor Tam David-West said the President lacked the necessary biceps to tackle the numerous problems confronting the country.

According to the professor of virology of the University of Ibadan, President Jonathan cannot handle the Boko Haram threat in some states of the northern part of the country, adding that every rebel has somebody he respects within the system who should be consulted by government to find a lasting solution to the crisis.

He explained: “Every rebel leader has somebody in the system that he respects. Before now, I had told them that you cannot win the militancy in the Niger Delta by gun. You can only win by negotiation and consultation. Using JTF to bomb everywhere will not proffer solution to the problems. You don’t win a moral battle with gun.

“You can only identify those people in the system that the rebels can listen to, not by fanfare or rendition. You have to penetrate the elders they respect and talk to them. Penetrate them with subtle diplomacy, not begging them. But President Jonathan is “very weak” (shouting on top of his voice).

http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=38096
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by jason123: 3:06am On Jul 31, 2011
lol . . smh!!!
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by Beaf: 3:46am On Jul 31, 2011
“Let me put it on record again. Tam David West has nothing against President Jonathan. I have not met him before. He graduated from secondary school in 1975 when I was already a Professor for two years.

grin grin grin
The above says it all.

We have a jealous and bitter man in Tam David West, he desperately wishes to be seen as the foremost ND man with a PhD.
Unfortunately, Jonathan is not the only ND man to surpass David West's height as ex-petroleum minister (sacked for recieving "rolex watch" gifts).
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by SouthEast1: 4:02am On Jul 31, 2011
Beaf:

grin grin grin
The above says it all.

We have a jealous and bitter man in Tam David West, he desperately wishes to be seen as the foremost ND man with a PhD.
Unfortunately, Jonathan is not the only ND man to surpass David West's height as ex-petroleum minister (sacked for recieving "rolex watch" gifts).

Beaf:

Both are your ND brothers
However, I would say that Tam speaks the truth about GEJ to some extent, even though I am a GEJ supporter too. His motivation is suspect though. That truth you are trying now to smoother.
Yet, you claim you have no connection to GEJ?
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by Nobody: 4:28am On Jul 31, 2011
lol coming from david west? funny people
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by Beaf: 4:37am On Jul 31, 2011
South-East:

Beaf:

Both are your ND brothers
However, I would say that Tam speaks the truth about GEJ, even though I am a GEJ supporter too. That truth you are trying now to smoother.
Yet, you claim you have no connection to GEJ?

You have 12 posts, yet you no say I be ND man? Guy, identify yourself! grin

You are missing the basis of David Wests rant. The man made this rather strange statement about the boko haram problem:

David West: You don’t win a moral battle with gun.

Moral? Boko haram? shocked
When did the boko haram battle become a "moral battle?" There is no morality attached to boko harams battle, their fight is for the right to be silly and to enforce their stupidty on the unwilling.
When an ex-minister and PhD holder like David West begins making such severely flawed arguments, it does not come as a surprise that the interviewer describes him as:

shouting on top of his voice

Why would a civilised man with a doctorate shout at the top of his voice during an interview and make statements like:

“Let me put it on record again. Tam David West has nothing against President Jonathan. I have not met him before. He graduated from secondary school in 1975 when I was already a Professor for two years.

He comes across as someone battling an inferiority complex.
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by NegroNtns(m): 5:07am On Jul 31, 2011
Beaf,

What is plan of action on BokoHaram?
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by dempeople(m): 5:10am On Jul 31, 2011
@Beaf, longest time. BTW I disagree with your points. Prof. West is right. GEJ is a thorough weak man. I've noticed it myself.

Infact, it seems he's waiting on Okonjo-Iweala for his so called Transformation Agenda via his Economic Team as I've not known any reasonable policy or achievement by him since he became President from last year till now.

He seems to be so already overwhelmed by the job that he's now telling us he never promised us anything but good governance. Whats up with his campaign promises?

I sort of knew we would be in this limbo but who else would we have elected? The gap-toothed general? God forbid.

The only exciting appointment is Mrs Iweala. It seems the government would revolve around her. My only prayers now is that GEJ would have the political balls for implementation of major economic policies of Mrs Iweala and the Economic Team without the feeling of disloyalty to people he feels he owes.

He needs to sit up. I don't like his current style of leadership. If Obasanjo, despite his unruly and rough leadership styles, couldn't change Nigeria for the better then GEJ has to come out far away from his comfort zone. He has to be merciless while not seeking to appease anyone.
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by seanet02: 5:18am On Jul 31, 2011
David west is right, odechukwu is damm too weak to start his own d!ck. One of the most clueless leaders nigeria ever witness.
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by EkoIle1: 6:09am On Jul 31, 2011
Odechukwu is weak is a serious understatement.
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by az77zy(m): 7:00am On Jul 31, 2011
Gej is nt jst weak his d most blockheaded leader we hav produce so far and worst of all with a PHD. In d mist of serious issues threatnin national unity, d best he can think of is tenure issue. Police invaded federal polytechnic nekede few days ago shootin and killin defendless students. what kind of leader do we hav that cannot protect its citizen. A president that is talkin of begging religion extremist is a total disgrace to the office of the presidency. Even boko haram have not deem it right to attack and kill students in higher institutions of learning within there domain what a shame that the intelligent south has produce the dummiest president in the history of this country
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by okadaman2: 7:20am On Jul 31, 2011
This professor deserves no credit at all.

Goofluck Jonathan is known all over the world as a Clueless IDIOTA, No new discovery here. GEJ is a world renowned weakling.
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by 1025: 8:07am On Jul 31, 2011
i am not even the brain child of this idea of tenure elongation - joe.
is it possible that mr. joe does not think or could it be that he likes working on other ppl's thinking before his own?
can anyone here tell me whose idea was joe talking about in his tenure elongation?
@David west, you are just telling us what even market women have said times before now about mr.joe. what we need now is someone who will tell us what we have not heard about the emergency and existence of this miracle president.
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by KnowAll(m): 8:15am On Jul 31, 2011
Ibori would have been a better president despite his follies.
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by Pukkah: 8:44am On Jul 31, 2011
How can anyone in his right senses declare that Mr Jonathan has got no biceps. All hail Mr Jonathan, the strongest and best performing President the country, oops, the world, has ever known.

Mr Jonathan's path is littered with solid and unambiguous achievements that would make any developing country green with envy. In his short time as the people's President, he has clearly positioned Nigeria as an emerging giant: building thousands of kilometres of new roads, rail tracks and bridges, improving security with a re-invigorated Police, curbing inflation rate, interest rate and unemployment. The generators in my house have fallen into disuse, thanks to a 24/7 uninterrupted power supply.

He has boldly tackled the monster called corruption and there's no sacred cow at all. It's not an easy task to list his achievements.

Mr Goodluck is indeed a miracle. I daily thank God for giving me and other Nigerians the rare foresight to vote for him. He's his own man and he's got a very strong spine. All haters should shut up and fall at the feet of the 'transformational' Presido!
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by Seun(m): 8:52am On Jul 31, 2011
The professor is not very coherent. On one hand he's saying that Jonathan is too weak to solve the crisis, but on the other hand, he's saying the fight against Boko Haram can only be won by negotiation and not force. So what's his point exactly? Jonathan is too weak to negotiate
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 31, 2011
The professor is not very coherent.  On one hand he's saying that Jonathan is too weak to solve the crisis, but on the other hand, he's saying the fight against Boko Haram can only be won by negotiation and not force.  So what's his point exactly?  Jonathan is too weak to negotiate

Too weak to take necessary action which is negotiating. grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by seanet02: 9:09am On Jul 31, 2011
Seun:

The professor is not very coherent. On one hand he's saying that Jonathan is too weak to solve the crisis, but on the other hand, he's saying the fight against Boko Haram can only be won by negotiation and not force. So what's his point exactly? Jonathan is too weak to negotiate
You are wrong though intentionally, odechukwu has got no balls, i don!t get your point on him not being coherent, the fact is stop licking odechukwu's arse. He is a bullshit.
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by jason2010(m): 9:17am On Jul 31, 2011
It is so unfortunate. GEJ has disappointed the f-ck outta me. I just feel like my vote was just wasted. It's been 2 months, and nothing is moving in the right direction in the country.
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by POTUT(m): 9:25am On Jul 31, 2011
The president appears weak sometimes.

However, given the intrigues of the Presidency, not all of his actions may be announced to the press. But he is surely working behind the scenes.
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by seanet02: 9:28am On Jul 31, 2011
jason2010:

It is so unfortunate. GEJ has disappointed the f-ck outta me. I just feel like my vote was just wasted. It's been 2 months, and nothing is moving in the right direction in the country.
Oma se o, pele o.
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by ayinba1(f): 9:37am On Jul 31, 2011
@Beaf,
Cheque cleared? Back to doing what you know how to do best!

@seun,
Hmnnnnn. Integrity?

@Jason
Pls read pukkah's post. And it's okay, you can continue drinking the GEJ FB lemonade! grin
@ prof TDW

Abegi, oga tell us something new!
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by member479760: 9:39am On Jul 31, 2011
make prof. David-west go siddon, himself could not differentiate b/w soft power and hard power, he considered Johnny soft-power to be mumu and later buyning the stuff.

na dem dem!
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by Rhino5dm: 9:46am On Jul 31, 2011
David west is known to be a stunch anti-GEJ, that which may not be unconnected to the fact that either

1. Because of his personnel freindship with Buhari, politically and a direct beneficiary of the "fox-hole" general via his appointment as minister of petroleum.

2. Or due to the supremacy complex of rivers, since we all know how religate GEJ to 'toilet paper' politically.
But in all, he hasn't said anything new. Since every average intelligent mind knows that GEJ is not the one calling the shots.
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by jason2010(m): 9:47am On Jul 31, 2011
Pukkah:

How can anyone in his right senses declare that Mr Jonathan has got no biceps. All hail Mr Jonathan, the strongest and best performing President the country, oops, the world, has ever known.

Mr Jonathan's path is littered with solid and unambiguous achievements that would make any developing country green with envy. In his short time as the people's President, he has clearly positioned Nigeria as an emerging giant: building thousands of kilometres of new roads, rail tracks and bridges, improving security with a re-invigorated Police, curbing inflation rate, interest rate and unemployment. The generators in my house have fallen into disuse, thanks to a 24/7 uninterrupted power supply.

He has boldly tackled the monster called corruption and there's no sacred cow at all. It's not an easy task to list his achievements.

Mr Goodluck is indeed a miracle. I daily thank God for giving me and other Nigerians the rare foresight to vote for him. He's his own man and he's got a very strong spine. All haters should shut up and fall at the feet of the 'transformational' Presido!

You have got to be kidding me, 24/7 uninterrupted power, has boldly tackled corruption? Tell me that you are kidding me, I know you are being sarcastic here
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by jason123: 9:57am On Jul 31, 2011
Just incase you guys are confused: Jason123 IS NOT Jason2010!!!
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by ayinba1(f): 10:16am On Jul 31, 2011
^^^^^such a huge relief!
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by KAYD007(m): 10:30am On Jul 31, 2011
shocked shocked
Posted by: Beaf
Insert Quote

The above says it all.

Posted on: Today at 03:06:11 AM Posted by: jason123
Insert Quote
lol . . smh!!!

shocked shocked shocked

Beaf is that u? is that really u? i mean na u b this?

aaah Beaf is bac, beaf is bac oooo.

welcome bac! cool cool
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by Ibime(m): 10:51am On Jul 31, 2011
I'm vehemently opposed to Odechukwu, but lemme state that Prof David West went crazy some years back. The man is beyond "eccentric", he has a few screws loose upstairs.
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by ibedun: 11:23am On Jul 31, 2011
As one person said if OBJ with his unruly stronghead attitude failed to change Nigeria for the better what can the "sisi" GEJ do?

The truth is the onus is on 140m Nigerians to change the country. Surely we cant keep waiting for miracles from one man.

We the people are responsible for the kind of governance we have.
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by Johndoe100(m): 11:55am On Jul 31, 2011
David West is a fool and a charlatan. No one in Rivers takes him seriously. We all know that he is a bought & paid for creature of IBB.
I guess the reporter wanted a cheap story. ;>
Re: Jonathan Is A Very Weak President – David-west by hbrednic: 12:16pm On Jul 31, 2011
People without credibility should not be talking in our society,
see wristwatch-man talking tough cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Matthew Mbu Is Dead. He Was 82. (A Former Labour Minister) / Breaking News; How Buhari Was Disgraced In London(photos) / Gordon Obua Dies In Sss Custody - Thetrent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.