Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,908 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Shettima Unveiling: Bishop Threatens APC With N500bn Lawsuit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shettima Unveiling: Bishop Threatens APC With N500bn Lawsuit (623 Views)

Defection Of Ahmed Mahmoud Threatens APC In Jigawa / Lack Of Funds Threatens APC March 26 Convention As Governors Shun Buni / Unity List: Consensus Candidacy Threatens APC February 26 Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shettima Unveiling: Bishop Threatens APC With N500bn Lawsuit by Racoon(m): 4:15pm On Jul 25, 2022
The report of the unveiling of Senator Kasim Shettima as the running mate to the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, is still generating steam as the General Overseer of the Rivers state-based Unbeatable God Ministries, Bishop Shedrack Ediruke, has threatened the rulling party with N500billion character assassination lawsuit.

Bishop Ediruke is accusing the party of including his name in the list of Church leaders, Bishops and Apostles who attended the event even when he was not part of the unveiling and was neither contacted nor invited.

He said the party also surreptitiously invaded his privacy by displaying his phone number publicly in the said list of pastors who purportedly attended the event.

In a telephone chat with Blueprint, weekend, the bishop said he was not in Abuja on that day and that with the inclusion of his name in the list of those who were at that event, unexplainable mischief was indeed intended.

His said: “This is to inform the general public and indeed all Nigerians that I was not in Abuja to attend Senator Shettima’s unveiling, either in the body or the spirit. Nigerians and indeed the whole world should disregard the information that I attended that gathering. I didn’t attend any APC vice presidential candidate unveiling in Abuja.

“Now concerning my phone number which they put alongside my name in that devilish list on the internet, I want the world to know that the number appear on all my social media handles, and mischief makers could copy it and do whatever they like with it.

“I am not an APC or PDP member. In short, I don’t belong to any political party. The inclusion of my name in that list is mischievous and satanic. May the blood of innocent Nigerians that are being killed every day in this country haunt those who included me as being a party to their evil plan.

“In fact, APC should be ready to meet me in court. As I shall file N500 billion lawsuits against them for damaging my hard-earned reputation and image, and for using my phone numbers for deceit without my permission whatsoever,” Bishop Ediruke stated.
Shettima Unveiling: Bishop threatens APC with N500bn Lawsuit
https://www.blueprint.ng/shettima-bishop-threatens-apc-with-n500bn-lawsuit/

The General Overseer of the World Wide Mantle Assembly in Nigeria, Apostle Ekapong Ubi, has threatened to drag to court the masterminds of the inclusion of his name among Christian leaders who graced the unveiling of Senator Kashim Shetima as the running mate to the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Recall that the Christian Association of Nigeria(CAN) had, few weeks ago, taken a position against the Muslim/Muslim ticket of the APC, but on Wednesday evening, 26 names, said to be Bishops, Apostles and other Church leaders, surfaced on the internet as those who graced the Senator Shetima’s unveiling.

But, in a chat with Blueprint in his residence in Calabar, Thursday morning, the Cross River-born Apostle Ubi expressed surprised that his name was included in an event that he was neither aware of nor invited, disclosing that he had already briefed his lawyers to investigate those behind the anomaly with the view to seeking legal redress to what he described as malicious defamation.

“I am Apostle Ekapong Ubi Ofem from Yakurr local government area of Cross River state. To put the record straight, I never attended any meeting or unveiling of anyone, nor was any invitation given to me as regards any form of event in Abuja. I have not travelled out of this State since January.

“I am not aware of the unveiling of the APC presidential running mate. I wonder how my name appeared in Abuja as one of the men of God who attended that event. It is disheartening how people could go that length to destroy someone’s image. This is a pure case of malicious defamation.

“Since yesterday night, I have received almost 80 calls from all over Nigeria and even Togo where the headquarters of World Wide Mantle Assembly is. One of my close friends had alerted me of this evil by forwarding to me the viral list of the so-called men of God who purportedly attended the said event. It was from a Facebook page of one Emmanuel.

“I have told the said Emmanuel to send an apology letter to me within three days and publish the same in seven newspapers in Nigeria else he should prepare to meet me in court.

“I have also directed my lawyers to investigate how my name appeared in that list. I tell you the truth, whosoever, whether the party or individuals, who masterminded this deceit would have to explain it to Nigerians in court.

“I have called some of the owners of the phone numbers in that mischievous list and those I spoke with also disclaimed their alleged involvement in the said unveiling. I am hereby calling on security agencies to investigate this affront on Christianity and arrest those who perpetrated such evil acts,” the obviously angry Apostle Ubi stated.
Pastor disowns name on Shettima’s unveiling list, threatens legal action
https://www.blueprint.ng/pastor-disowns-name-on-shettimas-unveiling-list-threatens-legal-action/
Lalasticlala Seun

1 Like

Re: Shettima Unveiling: Bishop Threatens APC With N500bn Lawsuit by successmatters(m): 4:16pm On Jul 25, 2022
Sue them for their lies and deceptions.

Shettima was captured on Video claiming they hired 30 bishops.

Everyone in APC is a confirmed criminal.

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Unveiling: Bishop Threatens APC With N500bn Lawsuit by GamalNasser: 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2022
Sarrki should be held responsible

1 Like

Re: Shettima Unveiling: Bishop Threatens APC With N500bn Lawsuit by God1000(m): 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2022
in saner climes, Tinubu and his APC goons will be answering questions by now.

1 Like

Re: Shettima Unveiling: Bishop Threatens APC With N500bn Lawsuit by madridguy(m): 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2022
grin
Re: Shettima Unveiling: Bishop Threatens APC With N500bn Lawsuit by fman(m): 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2022
drama unveiling.
500billion!
Mad cash-out.
Re: Shettima Unveiling: Bishop Threatens APC With N500bn Lawsuit by sotall(m): 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2022
cool

Tinubu na bad market....

One day...one bad news

1 Like

Re: Shettima Unveiling: Bishop Threatens APC With N500bn Lawsuit by Zonefree(m): 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2022
I support you, my bishop.

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Unveiling: Bishop Threatens APC With N500bn Lawsuit by Racoon(m): 4:18pm On Jul 25, 2022
The desperation of the druggie is just too toxic and nauseating. This combination have many dangerous implications looking forward if this contraption call a country remain as one. The earlier is it rejected whether constitutionally or by the ballot, the safer for its survival.Everything about Tinubu and APC is just nauseating.

1 Like

Re: Shettima Unveiling: Bishop Threatens APC With N500bn Lawsuit by Racoon(m): 4:18pm On Jul 25, 2022
successmatters:
Sue them for their lies and deceptions.Shettima was captured on Video claiming they hired 30 bishops. Everyone in APC is a confirmed criminal.
Bastards! So much deceit, falsehood, religious sacrilege and even illegality. Hope all their zombies, miscreants and urchins can see how their lies are being bursted?

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Unveiling: Bishop Threatens APC With N500bn Lawsuit by Dreal1247: 4:22pm On Jul 25, 2022
Desperation is the only reason behind this madness.

1 Like

Re: Shettima Unveiling: Bishop Threatens APC With N500bn Lawsuit by Racoon(m): 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2022
The historical evidence of the desperation is glaring.

1 Like

Re: Shettima Unveiling: Bishop Threatens APC With N500bn Lawsuit by Samuelnze(m): 4:40pm On Jul 25, 2022
This pastor will be unbeatable in law court...
APC foundation is built on falsehoods

1 Like

Re: Shettima Unveiling: Bishop Threatens APC With N500bn Lawsuit by Randomgist(m): 4:40pm On Jul 25, 2022
It baffles me what the organisers of these fake bishops were thinking. Indeed a lol of Nigerians are gullible and are being taken for a ride.

1 Like

Re: Shettima Unveiling: Bishop Threatens APC With N500bn Lawsuit by magoo10(m): 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2022
Truly if given the opportunity,tinubu will continue from where buhari stopped and will do worst.

1 Like

Re: Shettima Unveiling: Bishop Threatens APC With N500bn Lawsuit by SmellyNyash: 4:58pm On Jul 25, 2022
grin Good I love this!! Sue their nonsense arsee

Nonsensical and ingredients.

This one too should be arrested because he is tilinbu bishop

1 Like

Re: Shettima Unveiling: Bishop Threatens APC With N500bn Lawsuit by ThatFairGuy1: 5:10pm On Jul 25, 2022
Chief Wailer
Racoon:
The historical evidence of the desperation is glaring.

Re: Shettima Unveiling: Bishop Threatens APC With N500bn Lawsuit by Racoon(m): 8:19pm On Jul 27, 2022
Dreal1247:
Desperation is the only reason behind this madness.
Senseless and silly desperation!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Muslim-muslim Ticket Dangerous Signal, It’s Impossible And Can’t Work – Clark / Pictures Of APC Mobilizing Old Women & Men For Their Abuja "One Million March" / Inec Declares Peter Gregory Obi Winner Of 2023 Presidential Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.