Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Please Help Me Quit Drinking - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help Me Quit Drinking (3361 Views)

Do You Want To Quit Drinking? Need Help? / How To Quit Drinking Alcohol / Lagos Issues Quit Notice To Sacked Doctors. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Quit Drinking by bingbagbo(m): 12:29pm On Jul 31, 2011
drinking is ruining my love life, and my gal has given me a 19-day ultimatum to quit drinking or she dumps me. . .i cant stay off alcohol for 4 hours. . .how do i quit so i dont lose my financee er fiancee rather. . .even as i am writing this, i am having hang over and still have a bottle of allomo beside me. . .help now!
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by Mynd44: 12:31pm On Jul 31, 2011
Smart girl. As for you, well all I can say is that you are in the wrong section
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by Goldieluks: 12:34pm On Jul 31, 2011
Joker!!! undecided

quit alomo waters or loose your love, SIMPLES!
Do we have to spell it in french for you to understand?

besides what is alomo waters sef?
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by claremont(m): 12:41pm On Jul 31, 2011
Guy, if I were to choose between my pint of Irish Guinness, and love, it will be my Guinness all the way mate! cheesy
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by Mynd44: 12:54pm On Jul 31, 2011
^^^
yeah we know you are special like that
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by bingbagbo(m): 3:35pm On Jul 31, 2011
so far, nobody has said anything sensiblle!

shittz! 4ck! angry angry angry angry
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by Mynd44: 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2011
^^^
Let me guess, you are drunk again
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by alstarmayo(m): 4:04pm On Jul 31, 2011
so you are an alcoholic with all the gospel you have been preaching all over NL YOU ARE GOING TO HELL
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by bingbagbo(m): 4:56pm On Jul 31, 2011
^^^
yes, going to hell with you! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by lindabon: 5:09pm On Jul 31, 2011
quit drinking, no way. had to break up wit my ex when he just couldn't seem to get along wit my drinking (inbtw i'm so not an alcoholic ). me tot it was weird that he didn't drink; i mean loosen up every once in a while rather than being uptight, can only stop drinking when i'm trying to conceive, cos its for my baby's own good. as long as its not a danger to my health, and my drinking is not a danger to other people, i tink my drinking habit is allowed. so @poster, sincerely not being able to stay off alcohol for less than 4hours is a serious issue, plus its for your own good you know. i think u might need to curb the drinking habit a bit. maybe try once a week, but daily, even 4me wey like alcohol, i go complain jor, grin

http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/about/f/faq17.htm
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by alstarmayo(m): 5:16pm On Jul 31, 2011
bin gbagbo:

^^^
yes, going to hell with you! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Am not the drunkard you are remember Jesus is coming soon
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by God2man(m): 11:27pm On Jul 31, 2011
Proverb 20: 1 " Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise" Alcohol has destroyed so many lives and it has a chain, sin is like a chain. Alcohol is linked to adultery and fornication, too much drinking leads to a broken home, it has led to murder, accidents of various kind are as a result of excessive drinking of alcohol. I am sure you don't want your life to be destroyed. So, what is the solution? Cry to JESUS for help, he can deliver you from the shackles of alcoholism, totaly repent and forsake your habit, ask for his precious blood to cleanse you and wash your sins away, ask for mercy and grace to overcome this deadly habit. Then, go for deliverance with fasting and prayer because the power of darkness behind your excessive drinking will not let you go easily. You have to be determined that you want to change by God's Grace. God bless you. God2man. or help, he can deliver you from the shackles of alcoholism, totaly repent and forsake your habit, ask for his precious blood to cleanse you and wash your sins away, ask for mercy and grace to overcome this deadly habit. Then, go for deliverance with fasting and prayer because the power of darkness behind your excessive drinking will not let you go easily. You have to be determined that you want to change by God's Grace. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by Lexusgs430: 10:52am On Aug 01, 2011
If you're an undiagnosed alcoholic, you cannot just go Cold - Turkey, or else the withdrawal symptoms would be worse !!!
Your best way out with the help of your Girlfriend, is gradual reduction in alcohol intake.
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by Araboy(m): 11:09am On Aug 01, 2011
I don't understand why some people have to smoke and drink every day maybe you need some Alcohol  counseling
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 01, 2011
Mynd_44:

Smart girl. As for you, well all I can say is that you are in the wrong section

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by claremont(m): 11:21am On Aug 01, 2011
@OP: Never you quit drinking because of a girl, you will be committing a sin. The first miracle of Jesus was to turn water to wine, more evidence suggests that Jesus himself loved a good brew cheesy, let us try and emulate our saviour abeg!
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by Excelboi(m): 11:25am On Aug 01, 2011
This got to Front page? Damn! @op, ba auta ne
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by Ayoobscom(m): 11:31am On Aug 01, 2011
Drinking is a habit-
Saving is a habit
Saving molds mansions
Drinking tolls death and penury

Be careful what habit you chose because it may follow you to grave

You need God, If you are Muslim-turn to praying regularly (5) timx daily-a Christian attend church regularly.
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by 080ictcom(f): 11:35am On Aug 01, 2011
My dear any bad habit can be stop only if you are determine to stop it.
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by Greenpro: 11:36am On Aug 01, 2011
Seek God's Help to overcome this addiction, it can be difficult to quit. Praying for you.

Have U heard about Green world opportunity for all Nigerians? view my profile for web link
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by DAY12(m): 11:42am On Aug 01, 2011
Drink dis & dat solved yr problem. angry

No need to thank me, Thank yrsef wink

Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by Rhea(f): 11:44am On Aug 01, 2011
@Poster,
I think you have taken the bold step first: identifying your weakness. Next stage is to acquaint yourself with the true horrors of alcoholism. Try to consult a psychiatrist to help you. Your liver may be irreversibly being damaged as we speak. So act quickly and good luck
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by brainpulse: 12:13pm On Aug 01, 2011
I BURIED A COUSIN LAST WEEK, DIED FROM LIVER RELATED DISEASE, THE DOCTOR SAYS THE CAUSE WAS ALCOHOL.
BEFORE HE GAVE UP THE GHOST, HE SAID IF HE HAD KNOWN HE WOULDNT HAVE TASTED IT THAT FIRST DAY.
IT GAVE HIM ALOT OF PROBLEM, TOUGH TIME, HIS LIVE WAS IN SHAMBLE DURING THESE PERIODS, BEFORE HE GAVE UP.
PLS DO NOT QUIT NOW LET IT BE WHEN YOU HAVE LIVER PROBLEM THEN IT WILL HELP YOU TO QUIT.
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by brainpulse: 12:19pm On Aug 01, 2011
MUST TIMES, PEOPLE DONT HAVE GENIUNE REASONS OF PICKING UP HABITS. COMPLEXITY, FRIENDS AND THEY WANT TO FEEL AMONG, THEREFORE STARTS TO KILL THERESELVES EVERYDAY.
I AM LIVING THE MOST HAPPIEST TME OF MY LIFE. I DONT DRINK, SAVES ME ALOT OF COST, AND I USE MY TIME WELL. ITS PAYING OFF. I LOVE I I DONT BURN MY LIVER, DOCTOR SAYS VERY HEALTHY THE LAST TIME I DID MEDICAL CHECK-UP
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by Genuflect(m): 12:50pm On Aug 01, 2011
Dude, you need serious prayers. Meet a pastor and let him counsel you. You most probably have to change your friends too. I remember when I was addicted to alcohol too. Just waking up at random places and the hangover were reasons enough to make me quit. I take it rarely now, like once in a month. Which is alright. Wish you luck
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by Weedean(m): 1:21pm On Aug 01, 2011
High all the time right? hey if it's cos of your gal then you ain't really quitting the bottles cos you haven't even consider your health and behind your gal you'll still download lots of'em bottles; Get High dude in the right proportion it's not harming as long as you're on your senses.
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 01, 2011
@poster.
Enough said! Why not get your hand on weeds so that you can quit drinking? You are joking,right?
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by daniellle(f): 1:35pm On Aug 01, 2011
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by delpee(f): 1:40pm On Aug 01, 2011
Why dont you see a doctor/psychologist for counselling? Your mind is the most important thing. If you have a strong will and you appreciate the fact that you are risking your life, you can make up your mind to change. I lost an inlaw years back cos of liver disease and ulcer arising from heavy drinking and irregular feeding. Still makes me sad when i remember how he suffered. DO SOMETHING FAST!!!
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by realcele: 1:41pm On Aug 01, 2011
Beer is better than woman so don't quit because of woman.

Quit because of yourself. You might think you need prayer but I dont think so. All you need is yourself, think about how you formed the habit-- habit kicks off from what you think you might gain from it. To stop the habit think of what you have lost using the habit and what you will gain if you stop the habit---in your case drinking. If this does not work take yourself to a remote location with no money and no alchohol except water and food. Plan to  spend between 4 to 6 hrs in this place. If you are alive by the end of this test then you can quit if not rest in peace.
Re: Please Help Me Quit Drinking by fuke(m): 2:11pm On Aug 01, 2011
You are not going to quit drinking because a woman says so.

However I think you need help if you cannot stay 4 hours without alcohol.
Because it means you wont achieve much in life. Successful people spend
more time on their jobs rather than staying behind bottles.

You are getting addicted and it is a psycho problem.

See a good prophet of God or medical help

Above all, have  Strong determination to quit drinking.

God help you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tuberculosis: Herbal Cure From Experience / 21% Of Yoruba-Nigerians Are Mentally unstable / Wate- On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.