Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,932 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two (2301 Views)

$142Million Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR Uhlenhaut Coupe Most Expensive Car Ever Sold / The Most Expensive Police Car Ever, Abu Dhabi's ₦1.2b Lykan Hypersport / This Old 1963 Ferrari Becomes The Most Expensive Car Ever Sold - See Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by princeviper: 8:08pm On Jul 25, 2022
Hello nairalanders, planning to get my first car ever this week and i would rather do toks than nigerian used.

My preference was initially Honda Accord sport 2010 model, but due to the nature of our naija road and flood i've been thinking of doing the toyota camry 09 model v6 with v6 engine.

A family friend that deals in cars sent me some pictures of camry 09 v6 engine but it has single exhausts and when i asked he said some dealers actually change the exhausts themselves that its not all v6 camry that comes with dual exhaust pipes, i'm kind of confused because i thought all camry with v6 engine comes with dual exhaust.

Experts in the house please help me make the best decision cc @Gazzuz and co.
Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by Noble1010: 8:41pm On Jul 25, 2022
Go with honda accord and be extra happy all day.....

7 Likes

Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 25, 2022
Noble1010:
Go with honda accord and be extra happy all day.....
Honda is not a good car. The tyres can pull off while you're on the road.

1 Like

Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by Onyeka90210(m): 9:46pm On Jul 25, 2022
nijaomegacode:

Why do people keep spreading these rumors?
Yes they have weak joints (pre 2008)
But It gives signs very early before it pulls off, if you see any on the road with pulled off tyre, just know it's the case of an ignorant driver.
If all honda Tyre pulls out, I'm sure there won't be a honda on the road
Your first sentence just makes it obvious you know nothing about cars

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 25, 2022
Onyeka90210:

Yes they have weak joints,
But It gives signs very early before it pulls off, if you see any on the road with pulled off tyre, just know it's the case of an ignorant driver.
Cigarette is not good but they still produce it; life na choice.

2 Likes

Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by Noble1010: 2:13am On Jul 26, 2022
Lol naija mentality, 010 does not do that shit, and mind you all cars pull off, if u don't take care of them.... even your almighty benz pull off no cap.

Honda accord, interior, sound, fuel consumption you gonna love it.... ❤ that what am driving

nijaomegacode:

1 Like

Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by princeviper: 2:38am On Jul 26, 2022
Noble1010:
Lol naija mentality, 010 does not do that shit, and mind you all cars pull off, if u don't take care of them.... even your almighty benz pull off no cap.

Honda accord, interior, sound, fuel consumption you gonna love it.... ❤ that what am driving

Thanks a lot. I'm not actually the kind of person that manages things, i do preventive maintenance... I basically service my generator and have an oil change every month even without it having issues because i use it heavily everyday.

I do love the interior of the accord.
Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by buygala(m): 4:03am On Jul 26, 2022
princeviper:
Hello nairalanders, planning to get my first car ever this week and i would rather do toks than nigerian used.

My preference was initially Honda Accord sport 2010 model, but due to the nature of our naija road and flood i've been thinking of doing the toyota camry 09 model v6 with v6 engine.

A family friend that deals in cars sent me some pictures of camry 09 v6 engine but it has single exhausts and when i asked he said some dealers actually change the exhausts themselves that its not all v6 camry that comes with dual exhaust pipes, i'm kind of confused because i thought all camry with v6 engine comes with dual exhaust.

@ bolded

Run from that your "family friend" before he kills you smiley

All V6 Camrys of that model roll off the factory with dual tailpipes ..Same with the 2008-2012 Honda Accords..

Why a dealer would want to delete one of those tailpipes is beyond me..unless he wants to pass the car off as a 4 Cylinder..which is extreme because anyone with even a slight knowledge of cars can identify a v6 engine when he sees one.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by princeviper: 6:04am On Jul 26, 2022
buygala:

@ bolded

Run from that your "family friend" before he kills you smiley

All V6 Camrys of that model roll off the factory with dual tailpipes ..Same with the 2008-2012 Honda Accords..

Why a dealer would want to delete one of those tailpipes is beyond me..unless he wants to pass the car off as a 4 Cylinder..which is extreme because anyone with even a slight knowledge of cars can identify a v6 engine when he sees one.

Omo thank you ooo, na God say make i dey do proper research for NL unto say i trust the guy i don nearly fall for am.

1 Like

Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by Dozieson(m): 6:22am On Jul 26, 2022
princeviper:

Omo thank you ooo, na God say make i dey do proper research for NL unto say i trust the guy i don nearly fall for am.
Don't buy from the guy

Go with trusted mechanic like Gazzuzz and co if you want to buy either the Honda or Camry. Don't go and buy problem pls
Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by MedicH: 10:37am On Jul 26, 2022
Use that your money and buy any lexus you see within ur budget. Lexus is the most reliable car in the whole wide world. I took my es 300 for a drive yesterday to actually calculate my MPG and i recorded a 18MPG which is about 28km for every 4 litres of fuel in a stop and go traffic. The next car i am planning to buy is the Little Miss Lexina Is 250. It is a joy ride
Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by princeviper: 10:46am On Jul 26, 2022
MedicH:
Use that your money and buy any lexus you see within ur budget. Lexus is the most reliable car in the whole wide world. I took my es 300 for a drive yesterday to actually calculate my MPG and i recorded a 18MPG which is about 28km for every 4 litres of fuel in a stop and go traffic. The next car i am planning to buy is the Little Miss Lexina Is 250. It is a joy ride

I'm actually in love with lexus gs series, i've seen good deals for gs300 and gs350 actually within my budget the only issue i have is with our naija bad road and lexus sedans ground clearance are quite low.

I believe camry price is due to the excess demand in this part of the world, but i might reconsider again.
Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by MedicH: 10:55am On Jul 26, 2022
princeviper:

I'm actually in love with lexus gs series, i've seen good deals for gs300 and gs350 actually within my budget the only issue i have is with our naija bad road and lexus sedans ground clearance are quite low.

I believe camry price is due to the excess demand in this part of the world, but i might reconsider again.
the bad road is a worry. If you want, they can increase your suspension. I was asked to do same after i got my car toks but i refused. The low clearance get advantage especially at high speed cos i am a traveler and i am always fast. In terms of aesthetics, compactibility, interior durability and resale value, lexus beats all the toyota products of same class. I do not particularly like the GS models little wonder i was not surprised when lexus announced they are stopping the production of the GS.
Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by Horlawoomey(m): 10:56am On Jul 26, 2022
If your concern is bad roads and flood, you should get a Crossover like Lexus RX, Toyota Highlander/Rav4, Honda CRV or Ford Edge/Escape.

Camry doesn't have enough ground clearance like those above.

3 Likes

Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by bonnyhope: 11:02am On Jul 26, 2022
Onyeka90210:

Is unfortunate that Nigerians have that general perception about Honda

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by AndroidAI(m): 11:30am On Jul 26, 2022
I've been eying the Honda Accord as well. I love the exterior and interior. But the only deal breaker is our dear roads, and this means I'll need to relocate to a better environment. I'm thinking Abuja. The Honda Accord is a dream. Will be going for the white colour cause mehn, it looks sleek. But first I need to relocate. Lagos road too bad.

1 Like

Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by buygala(m): 11:33am On Jul 26, 2022
MedicH:

the bad road is a worry. If you want, they can increase your suspension. I was asked to do same after i got my car toks but i refused. The low clearance get advantage especially at high speed cos i am a traveler and i am always fast. In terms of aesthetics, compactibility, interior durability and resale value, lexus beats all the toyota products of same class. I do not particularly like the GS models little wonder i was not surprised when lexus announced they are stopping the production of the GS.

@ bolded

Good to know it was because of you Lexus stopped production of the GS smiley

I am sure you have bought more than five thousand Brand new Lexus for you to have so much influence cool ..

Orishirishi uman beans full nairaland shaa grin

2 Likes

Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by MedicH: 11:40am On Jul 26, 2022
buygala:

@ bolded

Good to know it was because of you Lexus stopped production of the GS smiley

I am sure you have bought more than five thousand Brand new Lexus for you to have so much influence cool ..

Orishirishi uman beans full nairaland shaa grin

I am sure you are very stupid. I test drove the gs and didn't like how it feels. Next couple of months, lexus announced they're stopping the production of the gs and I was not surprised. Kindly do with this information whatever that pleases u or u can fvck yourself to hell with it dear brainless scum.

2 Likes

Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by buygala(m): 11:45am On Jul 26, 2022
MedicH:

I am sure you are very stupid. I test drove the gs and didn't like how it feels. Next couple of months, lexus announced they're stopping the production of the gs and I was not surprised. Kindly do with this information whatever that pleases u or u can fvck yourself to hell with it dear brainless scum.

So much Venom coming from Oga Lexus Platinum Card Holder grin. ....

Ekuke forming Jet Li grin

2 Likes

Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by MedicH: 11:47am On Jul 26, 2022
buygala:

Nawaoo
Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by Alvin007: 1:03pm On Jul 26, 2022
buygala:

cheesy cheesy tchai..you’re mean.
Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by skywalker240(m): 1:10pm On Jul 26, 2022
nijaomegacode:

for a 2010 honda accord

Haba nigerians undecided

2 Likes

Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by yesloaded: 1:27pm On Jul 26, 2022
princeviper:

Es won't be bad choice

Yes, Lexus is a budget friendly luxury car

You can go for es350

Interior, sound system, & exterior is ok

1 Like

Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by yesloaded: 1:28pm On Jul 26, 2022
nijaomegacode:

Not true

Only old model accord does
Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by skywalker240(m): 1:47pm On Jul 26, 2022
Get the accord, but if the naija road plus ground clearance is a factor, then go for lexus rx 350, thats another decent ride.

1 Like

Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by sharpwriter(m): 2:22pm On Jul 26, 2022
Onyeka90210:

What if you no financially buoyant that time to change the rods grin

You go park am for house be dat grin

And if you still dey risk am and tires come pull out for kidnapping axis ńkọ́? cheesy
Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by sharpwriter(m): 2:34pm On Jul 26, 2022
AndroidAI:
I've been eying the Honda Accord as well. I love the exterior and interior. But the only deal breaker is our dear roads, and this means I'll need to relocate to a better environment. I'm thinking Abuja. The Honda Accord is a dream. Will be going for the white colour cause mehn, it looks sleek. But first I need to relocate. Lagos road too bad.
You wan go Abuja bá? Shey you no dey read say terrorists don dey gain ground there àbí? undecided
Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by AndroidAI(m): 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2022
sharpwriter:

You wan go Abuja bá? Shey you no dey read say terrorists don dey gain ground there àbí? undecided

Which state would you recommend?
Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by sharpwriter(m): 2:51pm On Jul 26, 2022
AndroidAI:

Which state would you recommend?
First cancel the north, and also south east seems it's also getting hot there. I think you should choose between south west and south south. But make research and choose carefully. And then I learnt Akwa Ibom and cross river dey ok (means you choosing between uyo and calabar.

South West, you may wanna consider Akure, Ibadan, Ado, Osogbo....

However, you may wanna open a thread on family or romance section to get opinions of elders here grin

Although there had been a thread on that. Just ask your questions on Google and type nairaland in front of it. You should see some threads regarding this.

1 Like

Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by AndroidAI(m): 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2022
sharpwriter:

First cancel the north, and also south east seems it's also getting hot there. I think you should choose between south west and south south. But make research and choose carefully. And then I learnt Akwa Ibom and cross river dey ok (means you choosing between uyo and calabar.

South West, you may wanna consider Akure, Ibadan, Ado, Osogbo....

However, you may wanna open a thread on family or romance section to get opinions of elders here grin

Although there had been a thread on that. Just ask your questions on Google and type nairaland in front of it. You should see some threads regarding this.

Osogbo was once an interest, especially due to their steady power supply. I think it's time I look again. Thanks for your guidance.

3 Likes

Re: Getting My First Car Ever, Please Help Choose Between These Two by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:14am On Aug 07, 2022

That should help reset your brain. That's the Toyota that's good.
Someone already answered you. Don't maintain that your Rolls-Royce and see if the leg won't pull on the road and embarrass you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toyota Rav4 Or Honda Pilot,which Is Better / The Evolution Of The Toyota Corolla (1966 Till Date) / Nigeria First Indeginous Made In Nigeria Mrap(mine Resistant Ambush Protected)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.