Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,467 members, 7,830,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

INEC Commissioner Decries Low Rate Of PVC Collection In Rivers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Commissioner Decries Low Rate Of PVC Collection In Rivers (434 Views)

APC Presidential Campaign Council Decries Low Collection Of PVCs In S/ West / 70 CSOs Reject Lauretta Onochie’s Appointment As INEC Commissioner / Osun Assembly Election: PDP Decries Low Turn Out Of Voters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Commissioner Decries Low Rate Of PVC Collection In Rivers by Begoodtoothers: 9:11am On Jul 26, 2022
INEC national electoral commissioner May Agbamuche-Mbu has urged Rivers residents to collect their permanent voters card (PVC) without delay.

Mrs Mbu, in charge of Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa and Rivers, gave the advice at a news conference on Monday in Port Harcourt.

She said that the collection of PVCs in the state had been low with seven months to go for the 2023 general elections.

She stated that Rivers received 95 INEC Voter Enrollment Devices called IVED and deployed them to 24 registration centres in the local government areas and also to the head office.

Mrs Mbu said the Commission registration officers and other staff at the LGAs had been working assiduously to make sure they registered voters in the state.

According to Mrs Mbu, from the records, 278,417 new voters were registered as well as 127,670 voters transfer and 43,080 Permanent Voters Card replacement as at July 24.

She said out of about 54,945 new PVCs received by the state, only 10,373 had been collected, leaving an outstanding 44,572 for transfers and replacements.

The Commissioner said the Commission had a record of about 302,297 cards from the old PVC of which only 33,575 were collected.

“The Commission is working hard in its preparation for the 2023 general elections and strongly desires that no citizen is disenfranchised and that every vote will count,” she stated.

She said that the Commission was now in the last week of the exercise which would be concluded by July 31.

Mrs Mbu commended the figures that emanated from Rivers state during the registration.

“I therefore urge the people of Rivers state to collect their permanent voter cards in good time and not to wait until the last minute of the 2023 general election,” she said.

(NAN)

https://gazettengr.com/inec-commissioner-decries-low-rate-of-pvc-collection-in-rivers/

Lalasticlala

Mynd44

Re: INEC Commissioner Decries Low Rate Of PVC Collection In Rivers by Begoodtoothers: 9:12am On Jul 26, 2022
Re: INEC Commissioner Decries Low Rate Of PVC Collection In Rivers by Malory: 9:12am On Jul 26, 2022
After they will start complaining about bad leadership.
Re: INEC Commissioner Decries Low Rate Of PVC Collection In Rivers by Coolsperm: 9:55am On Jul 26, 2022
Pls rivers people collect ur PVCs, cause this is the time to pay local Yoruba Muslims and Tinubu back of what the did to Jonathan
Re: INEC Commissioner Decries Low Rate Of PVC Collection In Rivers by aribisala0(m): 9:57am On Jul 26, 2022
Is there a place to see PVC registration by states?
Re: INEC Commissioner Decries Low Rate Of PVC Collection In Rivers by PandoraObi: 9:58am On Jul 26, 2022
hmmm
Re: INEC Commissioner Decries Low Rate Of PVC Collection In Rivers by Durabest: 10:15am On Jul 26, 2022
I have mine with me, i did it at mile4 by chinda bus stop my vote is for Tinubu if you like abuse me for not voting your China product i don't care.
Re: INEC Commissioner Decries Low Rate Of PVC Collection In Rivers by garfield1: 11:20am On Jul 26, 2022
Durabest:
I have mine with me, i did it at mile4 by chinda bus stop my vote is for Tinubu if you like abuse me for not voting your China product i don't care.

Up apc.can tonye win?
Re: INEC Commissioner Decries Low Rate Of PVC Collection In Rivers by garfield1: 11:21am On Jul 26, 2022
Good news for tinubu.no bloc votes from here
Re: INEC Commissioner Decries Low Rate Of PVC Collection In Rivers by GudHardDick: 11:24am On Jul 26, 2022
Whether Obi has the North or the South, Yoruba or the Hausas or the Igbos, whether he is capable of winning or otherwise, as for me, my household, reasonable relatives and acquaintances, we are #Obidients with #OBIdientlyYUSful.

God bless the Obi movement and God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Supposed To Be Called Comedy Central - Tuface Idibia / Wike Rivers State Governor Mandate Any Person Who Wants To Marry To Get Up To 5m / Fact-Check: Is it true that CAN has Never Had a Northern Christian as President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.