Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Why Fungi/molds Grows On Ceilings| FIGMENT PATTERNS AND INTERIORS - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Fungi/molds Grows On Ceilings| FIGMENT PATTERNS AND INTERIORS (305 Views)

We Make Soap Cutters And Soap Molds / Easy To Use Silicon Molds For Laundry Bar Soap And Cakes Available Now / Silicon Soap And Cake Molds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Fungi/molds Grows On Ceilings| FIGMENT PATTERNS AND INTERIORS by FIGMENT007: 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2022
WHY FUNGI/MOLDS GROWS ON CEILING

So many house owners have worries about why fungi grows on their P.O.P ceiling. Are you also worried about this?

Well, here’s your answer! Fungi/mold growth on your ceiling does not actually mean a bad job has been delivered but it reveals how professional and experienced the P.O.P plasterer is.

As a professional in this field of interior design or ceiling (P.O.P) Installation, you should know why fungi/mold would grow on a job you insert much effort to make perfect.

CEILING DAMPNESS: Fungi and molds grow well on damp surfaces, find measures to make sure your ceiling dries up quickly.

ROOF LEAKS: Constant drops of water can cause dampness of ceiling and trigger the growth of fungi/molds. Before installation of the ceiling make sure all roof holes and leaks are well covered and repaired.

HIGH HUMIDITY: A P.O.P ceiling kept under high humidity will take longer time to dry, this will trigger the growth of fungi.

BAD VENTILATION: After a job well done, it is better to keep ceiling (P.O.P) open to a good ventilation, open doors and windows to allow ceiling dry quickly.

OIL SPILLAGE: Oil Spillage on ceiling (P.O.P) will dampen the ceiling and cause growth of fungi and molds.

ADEQUATE SUNLIGHT: The most effective way to dry your ceiling (P.O.P) fast is by exposing it to enough sunlight rays. This will reduce the chances of fungi and mold growth.

FILAS: Filas is one of the important materials in the installation of a P.O.P ceiling. As a professional P.O.P plasterer, you should be aware that some filas dry slower than others and using such filas will prolong the drying process and time of a ceiling (P.O.P). Thus, it’s imperative to get quality materials for a project.

PAINTING: It is highly recommended that all surfaces should get dry before any painting coat is applied on your ceiling or P.O.P boards. Painting a wet or damp ceiling can allow the growth of fungi and molds on the surface.

If you find this information helpful, kindly comment and follow our Instagram page @figmentpatternsandinteriors for more helpful interior design information.

Contact us for the best interior designing for your project @figmentpatternsandinteriors

WhatsApp or Call: (+234) 814-909-9845

Re: Why Fungi/molds Grows On Ceilings| FIGMENT PATTERNS AND INTERIORS by Nardeant: 4:51pm On Aug 14, 2023
I've got sick of fighting mold in my house, again and again. It grows literally everywhere. I'm thinking of moving to another place, but no one will buy this house.
Re: Why Fungi/molds Grows On Ceilings| FIGMENT PATTERNS AND INTERIORS by rolinox(m): 4:58pm On Aug 14, 2023
It's interesting to learn that it's not necessarily a sign of a bad job but more about understanding the factors that contribute to their growth. I've always been curious about the science behind these things.The tips you shared, like tackling ceiling dampness, fixing roof leaks, and ensuring proper ventilation, are super helpful. It's amazing how something as simple as sunlight exposure can make a difference in preventing fungi and mold growth. Quality materials and proper painting techniques definitely play a big role too.Speaking of fungi, I recently stumbled upon a blog that's all about the world of fungi: https://fungalkingdom.com/. It's a fascinating resource that dives into the various aspects of fungi, from growth patterns to their ecological roles.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Naira Worsens To N705/$1 At Parallel Market / I / Unrest And Fighting Going On In Alaba International Market, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.