Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

ASUU: Knocks As Gbajabiamila Attends US College (Picture) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU: Knocks As Gbajabiamila Attends US College (Picture) (1669 Views)

Xenophobia: House May Reconvene As Gbajabiamila Cuts Short Tanzania Trip / Reps In Free-for-all As Gbajabiamila Suspends Plenary / Buhari, APC Keep Mum As Gbajabiamila Is Enmeshed In US Fraud Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU: Knocks As Gbajabiamila Attends US College (Picture) by LIVE08(m): 4:03pm On Jul 26, 2022
ASUU: Knocks as Gbajabiamila attends US college

Some Nigerians on social media, Tuesday, expressed displeasure over the resumption of the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila in a university in the United States of America amidst the lingering strike action by the Academic Staff Union of Universities.

The PUNCH reports that academic activities in public universities in Nigeria have been shut down for close to 162 days.

ASUU had on February 14, 2022, announced the commencement of industrial action following the failure of the government to meet some lingering demands of the union.

Gbajabiamila had on Tuesday tweeted via his verified Twitter handle, @femigbaja that he had gone back to the Harvard Kennedy School.

“Back to class. In a leadership course @havard @Kennedy_school. Forget the number of grey hairs, one is never too old to learn.”

Commenting on the development, a Twitter user @Santos tweeted, “Sir? What is your take on the five months ASUU strike in Nigeria as the leader of law-making arm of Nigeria govt? The university students have being at home for five months.

“Do you honestly think that showing us pictures your Harvard lecture class is the best at this moment?”.

Another Twitter user, Halidu Adamu, tweeted, “The irony. These guys are completely desensitised. Tweeting about attending classes in a foreign university while ours at home have been locked for months. ASUU needs to wake up and smell the coffee, this action is not leading anywhere constructive.”

Another Twitter user, Akintunde Babatunde, also tweeted, “ If universities in the USA were to be on strike, how will you be able to experience a working system? Walk around and see how basic things works in a normal university? Let’s hope you’ll return and use your influence to make our educational institutions work.”

The PUNCH reports that under the tenure of Gbajabiamila as the speaker of the house of reps, ASUU embarked on strike for close to 12 months, nine months in 2020 and close to six months in 2022.

Cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun

https://punchng.com/ASUU-knocks-as-gbajabiamila-attends-us-college/

Re: ASUU: Knocks As Gbajabiamila Attends US College (Picture) by Ojabifi: 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU: Knocks As Gbajabiamila Attends US College (Picture) by God1000(m): 4:07pm On Jul 26, 2022
So this man that I used to respect greatly is insensitive and a typical Nigerian politician.

None of them cares about the growth of this country

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU: Knocks As Gbajabiamila Attends US College (Picture) by BigIyanga: 4:38pm On Jul 26, 2022
God1000:
So this man that I used to respect greatly is insensitive and a typical Nigerian politician.

But their supporters love them lol
Re: ASUU: Knocks As Gbajabiamila Attends US College (Picture) by rayvelez(m): 5:09pm On Jul 26, 2022
Agbados and cassavas siblings are at home while one underling of agbados and cassavas givers is HARVARD UNI.

1 Like

Re: ASUU: Knocks As Gbajabiamila Attends US College (Picture) by KalakutaRepub: 5:15pm On Jul 26, 2022
God1000:

It's really terrible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU: Knocks As Gbajabiamila Attends US College (Picture) by gambia(m): 5:18pm On Jul 26, 2022
They should keep deceiving the gullible ones, they dont care about us, simple as ABC.

1 Like

Re: ASUU: Knocks As Gbajabiamila Attends US College (Picture) by Honjoshy4u: 5:27pm On Jul 26, 2022
Gbaja is one of those that have destroyed the country and planning to further destroy it with is insensitive Oga Tinubu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU: Knocks As Gbajabiamila Attends US College (Picture) by Arysexy(m): 5:39pm On Jul 26, 2022
Idiots in power

1 Like

Re: ASUU: Knocks As Gbajabiamila Attends US College (Picture) by PandoraObi: 5:43pm On Jul 26, 2022
Are ASUU been owe any salaries before they go on strike? or they are trying to use their position for political weapon against the government, mostly they are fighting for the good of their primary assignment, they are fighting for their pockets, I remember how one provost of a collage usually repaint structures for huge some of money, he was living lavishly
Re: ASUU: Knocks As Gbajabiamila Attends US College (Picture) by updatechange(m): 5:47pm On Jul 26, 2022
Aeon weyrey.... They don't give a fvck about us.
Re: ASUU: Knocks As Gbajabiamila Attends US College (Picture) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 26, 2022
At the end of the day, harvard fees are high enough for them to stay in business.

Nigerian universities are bad because Nigerians expect them to compete with Harvard on fees of less than 200 dollars per annum.
Re: ASUU: Knocks As Gbajabiamila Attends US College (Picture) by BeanmanX(m): 6:57pm On Jul 26, 2022
Gbaja the criminal,,, he's also one of those politicians dat destroyed Nigeria
Re: ASUU: Knocks As Gbajabiamila Attends US College (Picture) by anttrippleA(m): 7:46pm On Jul 26, 2022
Politicians want to kill Nigeria university
Re: ASUU: Knocks As Gbajabiamila Attends US College (Picture) by Presidential1: 7:46pm On Jul 26, 2022
PandoraObi:
Are ASUU been owe any salaries before they go on strike? or they are trying to use their position for political weapon against the government, mostly they are fighting for the good of their primary assignment, they are fighting for their pockets, I remember how one provost of a collage usually repaint structures for huge some of money, he was living lavishly

Anywhere I see your comment I go remove am.. you need a psychiatrist

3 Likes

Re: ASUU: Knocks As Gbajabiamila Attends US College (Picture) by StrikeBack(m): 7:46pm On Jul 26, 2022
Nigeria is designed to fail.

You guys will understand this statement 2024
Re: ASUU: Knocks As Gbajabiamila Attends US College (Picture) by oracle009(m): 8:36pm On Jul 26, 2022
PandoraObi:

Who let the dogs out
Re: ASUU: Knocks As Gbajabiamila Attends US College (Picture) by PandoraObi: 10:40pm On Jul 26, 2022
Presidential1:

Anywhere I see your comment I go remove am.. you need a psychiatrist
Take your own advice,stop coming under my comment
Re: ASUU: Knocks As Gbajabiamila Attends US College (Picture) by buckeyemedia: 10:44pm On Jul 26, 2022
gambia:
They should keep deceiving the gullible ones, they dont care about us, simple as ABC.
Who is the they, & who is the us?

(1) (Reply)

Reason Why Imolites Will Never Vote Peter Obi / Peter Obi Shades Tinubu: I Went to the same school With Dr. Peter Odili (video) / Peter Obi WON River State: Obi/abike Photoshopped Detention Room Photo EXPOSED.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.