Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct (1842 Views)

Peter Obi's Data On Poverty Reduction In China Verified (pic) / Fact Check: For Every 150 NBA Players, 100 Are Nigerians - Peter Obi / Obaseki: Atiku Orders Activation Of 150 Support Groups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by ObidientFC: 2:21am On Jul 27, 2022
Chukwuemeka Enyi wrote.

Peter Obi's data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players"

They were looking for data to disprove Peter Obi. I found the data for them to prove he was factual. Peter Obi is a Math wiz. He was accurate to a T.
I will start trusting Mr Obi's data reels from now on.

These data is accurate as at end of 2020 ie Nov/Dec 2020.

Pix 1:
20 Nigerian players (Players with Nigerian Descent)

Pix 2:
30 NBA African players (Players with atleast one parent from Africa - this includes 20 Nigerians)

i.e. 20 out of about 30 NBA players, with African Descent, were Nigerians (Nigerian Descent). This is exactly the same Ratio as 100 out of 150 NBA African players being Nigerian! No one can even make this up. He nailed it.

20 ÷ 30 =100 ÷ 150 = 66.67%

Go and Verify. No one can be more accurate than that.

Data Source: NBA website.

This is not Wikipedia or those Agbado citations. grin grin.
Please, give kudos to Peter's data team.

The only Agbado argument left is to claim that Peter didn't say 150 African players. That he only said 150 players. The joke is on you who wants to recruit 25% of Nigerians (50million) into the Army and feed them with Agbado in the morring.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by randomme: 2:25am On Jul 27, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by ObidientFC: 2:26am On Jul 27, 2022
More Analysis.

"OUT OF EVERY 150 PLAYERS IN THE NBA, 100 ARE NIGERIANS"

Some Nigerians still think school is a scam. They didn't take Statistics and Mathematics seriously. Many are running around online and ignorantly mocking the statement as LIES.

I read DailyTrust's fact-check on the statement and I started laughing that even a news source does not understand Ratios/Statistics - "OUT OF EVERY 150 players..." is a dead giveaway that Mr Obi was referring to Ratios. Their fact-check is based on proving there were not up to 100 Nigerian players in the NBA. Garbage in Garbage out. If the premise of your argument is FALSE, then your conclusion is automatically false - Logic 101 grin

There's a difference between "OUT OF 150 PLAYERS IN THE NBA" vs "OUT OF EVERY 150 PLAYERS IN THE NBA". Hope you know the difference before mocking yourself online.

1) This statement does not mean there are 150 players in the NBA

2) The statement is a statement of RATIOS that "out of every 150 players, 100 are Nigerians"

3) The statement means that 66.67% ie 2/3rd (i.e. 100÷150) of NBA players are Nigerians

4) People forget the context of Mr Obi's statement - the exploits of the Nigerian youth as exemplified by TOBI AMUSAN!

5) Specifically, Mr Peter Obi was comparing the ratio of Nigerian to African youths in the NBA.

6) In summary, he's saying that 66.67% of African players in the NBA are Nigerians.

7) Anecdotally, this is a fairly CORRECT approximation that Yes most African players in the NBA are Nigerians/have Nigerian parents. I even had some secondary school mates in the NBA.

Don't mock rather GO AND VERIFY!

Take school seriously! This is why Peter Obi does not joke with education! Chukwuemeka Enyi

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by Nobody: 2:26am On Jul 27, 2022
I think you have realised Tinubu is a formidable opponent, and will most likely win, thats why you concentrate all your effort on discrediting the man.

At this stage, I think your opinion does not matter, so as mine. You have only one vote, best you can do is to to ensure your friends vote for OBi.

How do you do this?
Well you start to focus your attention on Obi instead of wasting energy trying to discredit BAT.

At the end of the day, agriculture is the backbone of any economy.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by VeryWickedMan: 2:29am On Jul 27, 2022
Daily Trust Agbado urchins journalists cannot be taken seriously.

Quantitative reasoning is far away from anyone that stands behind an agbada-soiling drug baron.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by VeryWickedMan: 2:33am On Jul 27, 2022
Jondelng:
I think you have realised Tinubu is a formidable opponent, and will most likely win, thats why you concentrate all your effort on discrediting the man.

If your brain was connected to your fingers you would have seen that its the ugly BAT that's discrediting Obi via a dubious fact check.

Obi doesn't have his time but every week, the agbado munching BAT is always looking for dirt on Obi.

Tell your cocaine sniffing BAT to file a lawsuit to retrieve his forfeited US properties. I wan check something...

14 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by ObidientFC: 2:33am On Jul 27, 2022
Let's explain it for the Agbado Students so they will understand it well. grin grin

When you Listen to him carefully. He might not be eloquent but it's obvious he was referring to a Ratio. I don't expect you all to understand anything not Agbado related. So I'll paraphrase for you all so you can understand it in the Agbado way.

Out of every 150 farms in Nigeria, 100 of the farms grows Agbado. This doesn't mean there are only 150 farms in Nigeria neither does it mean only 100 farms grows Agbado in Nigeria. Thank me later grin

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by todaynewsreview: 2:51am On Jul 27, 2022
Guess this should hit front page too for equity @seun

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by Moh247: 3:01am On Jul 27, 2022
cool

Zombidients Obi-dunce

Nnamdi Azikwe

Nzeogwu

Aguyi Ironsi

Ojucrook

Lamidi Kanu

All these men failed woefully simply because they sow dishonesty and lies and Natural order and laws of nature rewarded them with tragic loss

Always bridle your tongue and keep quite if you have no truth to say rather than continually telling lies

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by NwaMamaIwota(f): 3:07am On Jul 27, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Zombidients Obi-dunce

Nnamdi Azikwe

Nzeogwu

Aguyi Ironsi

Ojucrook

Lamidi Kanu

All this men failed woefully simply because they sow dishonesty and lies and Natural order and laws of nature rewarded them with tragic loss

it takes only a determined mind to drag a case till Supreme Court and to think such determination is coming from people that have been deceiving Yoruba Christians that religion doesn't matter in South West just to keep them subdued and naive.
I thank God many Yoruba Christians are no longer falling for that crap and have been seeing them and their tricks.
they made sure that Osinbajo's ambition was dead and maligned him in the most wicked manner ever calling him unprintable names just because he's a Yoruba Christians even when he's over qualified than their preferred choice Tinubu.
they said Muric is on his own yet Tinubu urchins who are mostly Yoruba Muslims are already here on nairaland pre-primaries telling you that it's Tinubu or nothing, meaning they don't rate Osinbajo and will never support him should he emerged.
Same people are pushing for Muslim-Muslim ticket telling people that yoruba Christians will fall in line because they knew they'll deceive them with their usual lines that "religion doesn't matter"

The same Yoruba Muslims that said religion doesn't matter are gradually pushing for Sharia laws in Yoruba land and before you know it boom it's already in supreme Court and it'll be ruled in their favour.

Dear Yoruba Christians, it's time to wake up and stop living in lies and deceit
these guys don't rate you and will never do.
the facts are there.
it's their religion first and nothing else.

Yoruba Christians/traditionalists ronu
God bless real Omoluabis and Yoruba land.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by GodsOwnMan: 3:07am On Jul 27, 2022
STILL false because draft does not equal all of NBA.

Peter Obi is a bloody liar!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by ObidientFC: 3:16am On Jul 27, 2022
GodsOwnMan:
STILL false because draft does not equal all of NBA.

Peter Obi is a bloody liar!

Hehehe. Your greatest Politician commited suicide .
MKO Abiola a drug baron was also wasted

Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by Allnacruise(m): 3:38am On Jul 27, 2022
ObidientFC:

Hehehe. Your greatest Politician commited suicide .
MKO Abiola a drug baron was also wasted

Wetyn concern Awo and Mko for this matter?
Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by kollinz1234(m): 3:56am On Jul 27, 2022
You don't need to answer those things that see themselves as Tinubu land soldiers. Do you need anyone to tell you that they need rehab and mental check?

I feel for them because I am very certain they do not know what they are doing.
Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by Nobody: 4:28am On Jul 27, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

Tell your cocaine sniffing BAT to file a lawsuit to retrieve his forfeited US properties. I wan check something...
I didn’t realise it will touch your soul this much. Sorry tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by Betanaija42moro: 4:37am On Jul 27, 2022
APC has failed. Insecurity, poverty, bad economy, corruption is bitting hard on this country.

Get your PVC and vote wisely.
Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by Nobody: 5:29am On Jul 27, 2022
People's mind are still on agbada industrial men grin
Even , hearing the name peter obi,is already bringing joy to Nigeria
Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by Difrent: 5:49am On Jul 27, 2022
NwaMamaIwota:
it takes only a determined mind to drag a case till Supreme Court and to think such determination is coming from people that have been deceiving Yoruba Christians that religion doesn't matter in South West just to keep them subdued and naive.
Another christianity paranoia
From an illiformed person forming woke.

If you are willing to learn then read this with an open mind. For centuries Yoruba muslims have been oppressed and denied basic religious rights mainly because England and its Anglican church even though islam got to yorubaland before christianity.
Muslim children were forced to attend christian schools and many were coerced until they changed religion(one of the reasons northerners dont like western education) others were asked to drop their clear muslim names for yoruba names that sounded like christian names.
The Legal system is based on English common law derived from Christianity...
Friday is a working day while Sunday is work free even though there are more muslims than christians...no issue there but if muslims start agitating for a work free Friday now your like will write epistles upon epistles and petition UN UK US ICC etc even though in all muslim majority countries friday is work free.
Any Nigerian Christian that has an issue with taking hijab issue up to supreme court is one of those christians that want to perpetually oppress and enslave the muslims.
And finally on the political scene......All yoruba christians know that "emi lokan is absolutely right especially from the religion perspective.....every time big political post is coming to yorubaland it has always gone to a christian. From Awolowo(who even ran with a christian in 1979) to Obj to Shonekan to the current VP. This oppression of yoruba muslims must stop.
With Oyetola defeat....there is currently no muslim governor in yorubaland .....
yorubas are cool with having a muslim yoruba pesidential cadidate.....the noise and wailing is mainly from non yorubas who are now teaching is how to vote who to vote and why we should vote their son and not our son...

Tinubu l'okan

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by Malory: 6:03am On Jul 27, 2022
Difrent:

Another christianity paranoia
From an illiformed person forming woke.

If you are willing to learn then read this with an open mind. For centuries Yoruba muslims have been oppressed and denied basic religious rights mainly because England and its Anglican church even though islam got to yorubaland before christianity.
Muslim children were forced to attend christian schools and many were coerced until they changed religion(one of the reasons northerners dont like western education) others were asked to drop their clear muslim names for yoruba names that sounded like christian names.
The Legal system is based on English common law derived from Christianity...
Friday is a working day while Sunday is work free even though there are more muslims than christians...no issue there but if muslims start agitating for a work free Friday now your like will write epistles upon epistles and petition UN UK US ICC etc even though in all muslim majority countries friday is work free.
Any Nigerian Christian that has an issue with taking hijab issue up to supreme court is one of those christians that want to perpetually oppress and enslave the muslims.
And finally on the political scene......All yoruba christians know that "emi lokan is absolutely right especially from the religion perspective.....every time big political post is coming to yorubaland it has always gone to a christian. From Awolowo(who even ran with a christian in 1979) to Obj to Shonekan to the current VP. This oppression of yoruba muslims must stop.
With Oyetola defeat....there is currently no muslim governor in yorubaland .....
yorubas are cool with having a muslim yoruba pesidential cadidate.....the noise and wailing is mainly from non yorubas who are now teaching is how to vote who to vote and why we should vote their son and not our son...

Tinubu l'okan
Shatap and stop littering nairaland with trash. You are not even 'different' from other agbado zombies. Nigerians have unanimously rejected terrorist terrorist ticket so no need for you to be spewing dust here. Continue munching your cassava in peace.
Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by r4bbit: 6:15am On Jul 27, 2022
ObidientFC:

Hehehe. Your greatest Politician commited suicide . MKO Abiola a drug baron was also wasted
Yours declared a war which killed millions of your ppl.
Another was the reason northern region installed at the federal level.
Another foisted a coup just to be killed by the northern oligarchs
You be mumu

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by 3ple9iner: 6:16am On Jul 27, 2022
You principal didn't talk about the NBA draft but the NBA it's self.
All these calculations are not necessary.

And in the NBA draft 58-60 players are selected not the 30 you are using to tweak what he said.

It is actually a shame that a person can write and defend what he said.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by mycar: 6:18am On Jul 27, 2022
ignorant of basic mathematics
Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by Difrent: 6:19am On Jul 27, 2022
Malory:
Shatap and stop littering nairaland with trash. You are not even 'different' from other agbado zombies. Nigerians have unanimously rejected terrorist terrorist ticket so no need for you to be spewing dust here. Continue munching your cassava in peace.
Why are you so incoherent.....I got you where is hurts the most abi
Terrorist terrorist ticket ke

You clearly are just delusional.
And stop claiming Nigerian...... everyone can see through your baifra project. For 7 years you people have called Nigeria all sort of names and insisted biafra or nothing.....why are you now suddenly Nigerians rejecting terrorists?....no answer.
99.9% Obi supporters were until 3 months ago biafra agitators.....you now want to use the same modus operandi No.1 terrorist Nnamdi kanu used to try to intimidate and blackmail other Nigerians ...you will fail just like kanu

Thank you i will munch it in peace while you wail endlessly.

Don't come with the useless emotional blackmail of saying things like Only enemies of Nigerian wont vote Obi....or suffer never do you e.t.c......we won't succumb to secessionists ......we will vigorously expose your secessionist agenda.
I dare Peter Obi to condemn IPOB....he won't because he has sympathy for them. Just wait till campaign start proper. You guys have exhausted your arsenal against BAT ( abi what else do You want to say about him that you have not).....just wait.....BAT will show you how to be a political strategist.
Yele will even outperform Obi this time around.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by Liamm(m): 6:21am On Jul 27, 2022
Mynd44 will never move it to front page grin

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by Lanretoye(m): 6:29am On Jul 27, 2022
Our president can not be made in Aba.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by Mynd44: 6:30am On Jul 27, 2022
Liamm:
Mynd44 will never move it to front page grin
Because he did not say "African" making this thread itself false.

Stop trying to blackmail me, it is a waste of time

https://twitter.com/DeeOneAyekooto/status/1551667251815890945?t=NvjtzuTF46Mycu5SoxOUzQ&s=19

Watch the video there

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by MadamVanessa(f): 6:34am On Jul 27, 2022
shocked

Anything to discredit Obi In this forum is always welcome even if it's a blatant lie, some Usêlèss mods here that is anti obi, will immediately move it to their front page. Let me sound this loud and clear, even if PETER OBI is devil himself, I am so going to vote him, he can never be worst than idiotic usêlèss føolish old who munch agbado for a living.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by yemex04(m): 6:34am On Jul 27, 2022
ObidientFC:
Chukwuemeka Enyi wrote.

Was "African" ever mentioned in his statement?

You tried sha by helping him to rephrase is statement.. you are really working hard. grin
Re: Peter Obi's Data: "100 OUT OF 150 NBA African Players" Is Correct by Mynd44: 6:37am On Jul 27, 2022
8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.

1 Like

(1)

I Rejected Seeds From Atiku Camp. Go And Campaign For Obi. Prophet Uebert Angel / Igbos In Diaspora Had Laid An Official Complaint Against Simon Ekpa In Finland / Mammoth Crowd At APC Presidential Rally In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.